Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
If it works in service center, it should work at your home too. After all they are gonna test using your other components.

That's obvious, they won't keep checking if everything works at their end. If you want you can take your speaker and/or headphone with you tomorrow.

Sure you will smoke both your motherboard and cpu and there goes 30k worth components. Unless you're testing your CPU, never ever turn on the pc without cpu heatsink/fan connected.

It's been more than a week now since you removed it from the motherboard. Probably it's dried now. Even if it's not dried, buy some thermal paste. Clean the old paste and apply the new one when assembling.
I am sure it will not work because I tried everything which are possible and which were suggested by others to me,even other people failed to make it work .
Oops,I did not know that it will burn my cpu+Mobo and that means there goes few more hundred bucks.should I ask service centre to apply new paste(for free)?wiil it be right?

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
I Just called local MSI service centre and get a news that "technician who will gonna test CPu has dengue now so he will not be available"...
MSI guy will arrange someone else but tomorrow ...
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
:banghead::banghead::banghead:
:banghead::banghead:
:banghead:
the way bad luck is working against me I think if everything will be set tomorrow there will be heavy rain so it will postponed for further days...

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
That so called technician bended the cpu pins

Attachments

• IMG-20190928-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20190928-WA0006.jpeg
    930.1 KB · Views: 153
OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Sound is working perfectly in the service centre...should I buy sound card?what to do as I doubt it will work at home! ???.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sound is working perfectly in the service centre...should I buy sound card?what to do as I doubt it will work at home! ???.
If sound is working perfectly in service centre with your processor+mobo+ram then you are doing something wrong at home(or your speaker/earphone has some issue) while assembling.Better ask some local pc shop to assemble your pc this time.

P.S. that bend pin looks bad,make sure you ask them to straighten/fix it as it may affect processor in the long run.I have read almost similar experience on reddit regarding msi delhi service centre person bending the pins of a ryzen processor which the guy gave along with msi mobo for testing.I will never suggest giving amd processor to any msi service centre now.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
I ordered this monitor *www.amazon.in/LG-inch-55cm-LCD-Monitor/dp/B01IBM5V66/#immersive-view_1567361257893

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
If sound is working perfectly in service centre with your processor+mobo+ram then you are doing something wrong at home(or your speaker/earphone has some issue) while assembling.Better ask some local pc shop to assemble your pc this time.

P.S. that bend pin looks bad,make sure you ask them to straighten/fix it as it may affect processor in the long run.I have read almost similar experience on reddit regarding msi delhi service centre person bending the pins of a ryzen processor which the guy gave along with msi mobo for testing.I will never suggest giving amd processor to any msi service centre now.
They forget my box+accessories to send at local service centre so I have to wait till Monday (if late then Tuesday)

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone

After bending the pin,they send me to gigabytes service centre,guy there solved CPU problem and tested with cpu only and everything was working fine ...I asked to our ram and HDD he said it is not affect to the problem you are facing

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sound issue has nothing to do with ram/hdd,it is either hardware related(processor/mobo which is ruled out now) or software(some windows/driver settings) or connection issue(some wire not correctly/properly connected). That is a good monitor.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Sound issue has nothing to do with ram/hdd,it is either hardware related(processor/mobo which is ruled out now) or software(some windows/driver settings) or connection issue(some wire not correctly/properly connected). That is a good monitor.
One more thing MSI Delhi guy told me on video call( when I ask him that should I buy external sound card?/) that sound card will also not work if this issue will not be solved.

I know now it is software issue but how will I able to solve because I am already done everything,I don't know from where I will start this time when I will get the item .

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Are you sure it is software issue,I think you haven't been able to test with live linux usb?
OK. i will try it after i received the product.BTW what if sound will not work in UBUNTU?
I am thinking it is SW issue because with my CPU it is working fine .i dont know what else is wrong.
BTW after todays incident with CPU i am seriously worry about CPU.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
OK. i will try it after i received the product.BTW what if sound will not work in UBUNTU?
I am thinking it is SW issue because with my CPU it is working fine .i dont know what else is wrong.
BTW after todays incident with CPU i am seriously worry about CPU.
Lodge an official complaint with MSI and ask for a replacement of the CPU with a new one.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Lodge an official complaint with MSI and ask for a replacement of the CPU with a new one.
Buy they solved it now.they send me gigabyte office where some guy make it work.

By the way I did contact MSI Delhi team,even they are asking kaizen guy how this happened .

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^If something doesn't work in future & amd rma centre rejected your warranty claim citing physical damage then what will you do.At least get something in writing from gigabyte/msi service centre that such thing happened during servicing/repair so you can show it to amd rma centre people if you need to do a rma in future.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
^^If something doesn't work in future & amd rma centre rejected your warranty claim citing physical damage then what will you do.At least get something in writing from gigabyte/msi service centre that such thing happened during servicing/repair so you can show it to amd rma centre people if you need to do a rma in future.
I will ask that on Monday,thanks because I didn't think that way actually I was completely blank when that happened because Service centre guy refused to accept it

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Motherboard will not come today,I don't know what are they doing...even items from Haryana(which I ordered yesterday afternoon)
is already delivered at my home address but they are not able send it in 48 hours from Delhi

Last edited:
OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
can any one find any tracking detail for following items
Courier Air City - 11411 Serial Number(this is the message i received) ?
i tried but it keep saying invalid number & i am first time hear those courier name so may be i am tracking at wrong website.

Update = I talked to CC guy he said product will come tomorrow.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
:+1:
Keep your doubt aside for a while and try it at home. If it didn't work, then you can buy one.
One more thing MSI Delhi guy told me on video call( when I ask him that should I buy external sound card?/) that sound card will also not work if this issue will not be solved.
Why not? You get audio via HDMI, only audio jack is not working for you. So el cheapo USB sound card or few K worth PCIe sound card will work.
You buy sound card
Courier Air City - 11411 Serial Number(this is the message i received) ?
What do serial no. have to do with tracking? Get tracking number.
I ordered this monitor *www.amazon.in/LG-inch-55cm-LCD-Monitor/dp/B01IBM5V66/#immersive-view_1567361257893
In this case, if m/b audio jack didn't work, use monitor's headphone jack. Don't have to buy sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom