Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Audio jack is working fine in new monitor but not in old one,even local shop guy use same VGA to HDMI converter and in his system it was not working too.what cause this problem?if you say this converter so I am highly doubt it as local shop guy can't have faulty wire
Need help in building My first ever gaming PC

95% possible that Digital Audio (nvidia) driver is hijacking audio stream since hdmi carries both audio and video

Try to install Realtek Drivers without anything plugged into audio ports or even HDMI. I know it sounds crazy.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Need help in building My first ever gaming PC

95% possible that Digital Audio (nvidia) driver is hijacking audio stream since hdmi carries both audio and video

Try to install Realtek Drivers without anything plugged into audio ports or even HDMI. I know it sounds crazy.
You mean that I should not connect graphics card and try to test without it ,right?btw I am not tested new Monitor in windows 10,sound is working UBUNTU right now ,I have to reinstall windows 10 so I am going to do that in few minutes

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Audio jack is working fine in new monitor but not in old one,even local shop guy use same VGA to HDMI converter and in his system it was not working too.what cause this problem?if you say this converter so I am highly doubt it as local shop guy can't have faulty wire
Surprisingly audio is working fine in new monitor which has HDMI to HDMI connection....why is this happening?
Don't say you have been trying to get audio from your old monitor all these times.
The issue you had is not getting audio from audio jack. That's the one you should check and see if it's working fine. If it's not working even in bench test and Ubuntu, something wrong at your end especially after everything works fine at service center even using your other pc components. Better don't bang your head any further to find the issue and use your monitor's audio jack for now. If that's not enough you can buy sound card.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Just with Ubuntu Live or MS basic driver, he should get audio, right? If he's not getting, something is wrong.

@OP, VGA doesn't carry audio signal. If the VGA to HDMI converter you bought have AUX port in it, then you can take audio from it using AUX cable. Your old monitor didn't even have speaker/audio out or HDMI support, right? How are you expecting sound from that monitor?
HDMI carries both video and audio, since your new monitor has HDMI support you get audio here.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Just with Ubuntu Live or MS basic driver, he should get audio, right? If he's not getting, something is wrong.

@OP, VGA doesn't carry audio signal. If the VGA to HDMI converter you bought have AUX port in it, then you can take audio from it using AUX cable. Your old monitor didn't even have speaker/audio out or HDMI support, right? How are you expecting sound from that monitor?
HDMI carries both video and audio, since your new monitor has HDMI support you get audio here.
What can be wrong,it was not worked at local shop and as I said before I am only setup cpu and gpu gpu other wirings were done by technician so I doubt i had anything wrong in setup and yes audio jack is not working at all in my old monitor (using VGA to HDMI converter) and it is working fine(but volume is very less) in new monitor (in Mobo's audio jack too).

I will update is sound working after installing new windows 10 as last one is corrupted.

Update: Sound is working in hdmi to HDMI monitor via Mobo's audio jack .

nac

Aspiring Novelist
What can be wrong,it was not worked at local shop and as I said before I am only setup cpu and gpu gpu other wirings were done by technician so I doubt i had anything wrong in setup and yes audio jack is not working at all in my old monitor (using VGA to HDMI converter) and it is working fine(but volume is very less) in new monitor (in Mobo's audio jack too).

I will update is sound working after installing new windows 10 as last one is corrupted.

Update: Sound is working in hdmi to HDMI monitor via Mobo's audio jack .
As already said before, unless you use AUX cable with VGA to HDMI converter you WILL NOT get audio. And your old monitor neither have speaker/audio out nor hdmi (correct me if I am wrong).

HDMI to HDMI is nothing to do with audio jack in your motherboard.
Line-out in this image is the audio jack. Headphone/speaker connected in this port wasn't working before, right? (Don't mind about old monitor/new monitor HDMI/VGA port/cable here).

*i.imgur.com/8egG1iC.png *asset.msi.com/resize/image/global/product/product_2_20190704114825_5d1d7709df781.png62405b38c58fe0f07fcef2367d8a9ba1/1024.png

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Audio jack is working fine with both monitors.
:bananana:
Now my only concern is that cpu's bend pins which were done during testing by kaizen service centre.

Last edited:
OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
As already said before, unless you use AUX cable with VGA to HDMI converter you WILL NOT get audio. And your old monitor neither have speaker/audio out nor hdmi (correct me if I am wrong).

HDMI to HDMI is nothing to do with audio jack in your motherboard.
Line-out in this image is the audio jack. Headphone/speaker connected in this port wasn't working before, right? (Don't mind about old monitor/new monitor HDMI/VGA port/cable here).

*i.imgur.com/8egG1iC.png *asset.msi.com/resize/image/global/product/product_2_20190704114825_5d1d7709df781.png62405b38c58fe0f07fcef2367d8a9ba1/1024.png
Sound is working fine in old computer too via audio jack ...

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
What pins? Processor pins?
Yes processor pins were bent by service centre guy but then he make it straight and everything is working fine now...but I don't know how to check cpu health so I can be sure about the doubt that is it working perfectly fine or not?

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sound is working fine in old computer too via audio jack ...
Good.

But I still don't understand why you have to bring old monitor in this equation.
Audio jack (line-out socket) in your motherboard is something separate in which you connect your headphone.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Audio jack is working fine with both monitors.
Now my only concern is that cpu's bend pins which were done during testing by kaizen service centre.
I hope you took pictures of CPU from all the angles before giving it to service center. And how did they straighten out the pins again?

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
I hope you took pictures of CPU from all the angles before giving it to service center. And how did they straighten out the pins again?
They send me at Gigabyte service centre from there with my cpu and then gigabyte service centre guy make it straight.i did not take any pictures,they just ask me a cpu and ask me to go out but I was looking from window,they guy first try to fit 2-3 times but he failed then I tell him to look for mark to fit cpu properly so he ask me to do it by myself but as I see cpu its pin were bent and I said him it's pins are bent it will not fit but ask me to try and refusento believe that pins are bent until another guy look into it and tell him yes cpu pins are bent

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
VGA--HDMI connection can't carry audio,you need at least dvi(on card)--hdmi(on screen) to carry audio.
But it is working fine now.why noone said this thing despite I am keep repeating I am using that setup and even local shop guy use that kind of set-up

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is why I/others specifically asked to check with earphone connected to audio out port on mobo to which you replied it too was not working. HDMI is digital format & it carries both audio & video while VGA is analogue & carries only video so how can hdmi to vga adapter can carry audio.
*www.amazon.in/Terabyte-Converter-Adapter-Cable-Black/dp/B00S0C76GQ
Turn on the HDmi device and the display device and enjoy, best product, HDmi to vga converter, no audio output (because vga (video graphics array) doesn't support audio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom