Need help getting LEDs for a project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Hi everyone. I'm back after an absence of 4 months - I was concentrating on some projects in electronics.

I need some help in getting certain types of LEDs for one of my projects. It shouldn't be difficult for someone who lives in a major city. But I live in a remote location and Indian shops and companies selling electronic parts are very difficult to deal with from a distance. They promise anything on the phone, but cannot be relied upon. Emails are simply ignored 9 out of 10 times.

I've often prowled Lamington Road, Proctor Road, Chunam Lane, etc in Mumbai, Richie St. in Chennai, Chandni Chowk and Madan St. in Kolkata. I'm less familiar with Delhi, but I know about Nehru Place and Lajpat Rai Market. The problem is that I can't come to any of those places right now.

To keep my opening post from becoming too long, I won't mention the details of what I need right now. I'll do that later.

So, if you know a little bit about electronics (you don't have to be an expert) and are willing to help, I'll really appreciate it if you speak up. We can discuss the details in the forum or by email.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I'm not an expert, but I used to be an electronics enthusiast before focussing on computers. Mention what you need, and I'll see if I can help.

D

Downds322

Goods2010-02-10-six-327

mmgz8qiv4jclqqmyhq3lm9x5AdminAdmin

OP
P

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for your offers to help, dheeraj and saqib. When no one replied within a week (except for toofan's support) I stopped checking the thread, and it's only now that I saw your replies.

It's a bit late now, but this is what it's all about: I need amber (yellow), red and green lights that are bright enough to be clearly seen from a distance in bright daylight. They must be fast acting. Incandescent bulbs are not suitable because they are too slow.

At the time of my opening post, I was looking for 1-2k LEDs of common 5mm size that I can assemble into lamps consisting of 30 to 60 LEDs each. They must be high-efficiency types (also called ultra bright or super bright).

Many ultra bright LEDs are clear focussed types so that they look bright only from the front. Those types are not suitable. I want diffused types that have a wide viewing angle.

Now I've changed my requirement to lamps that are already assembled with at least 30 LEDs each per lamp, preferably more. They should have a wide angle of view, not spot focussed in one direction.

What I need are basically like traffic lights. But more than one of each colour will be fitted on a single support (probably 28 lights), so they should fit on to some standard socket.

I'd prefer lamps rated for 12V DC (like car lights), but 230V AC lamps are also acceptable if they are cheaper or easier to get.

What I need is a source of such LEDs or readymade LED lamps. I've called and emailed several shops and companies. As usual, most of them just ignore emails and don't even bother to reply.

Do you think you can help? If you need more clarification, just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom