Need help for speakers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGuru

Broken In
Its not really about 2.1 vs. 5.1. Almost any sound-card you get today supports 5.1. Do you really get 2.1 sound cards today? :roll:

The question is about the resolution/quality you get with a good sound card. Just check out the url I posted previously. SNR, DAC and playback resolution are the key for quality. The other thing that matters is the hardware acceleration you get with a good sound-card. Most creative cards support hardware decoding of quite a few formats (dolby digital, DTS, blah, blah, blah). Finally, if you are into gaming, you get EAX effects.

I would recommend atleast a SB Live! soundcard.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
take a look at the logitech Z-680 5.1 speakers...amazon.com has em 4 $200...an absolute steal....im gonna get em in a few weeks....

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
suave_guy said:
which soundcard ru using rt. now rohanbee??

since ur using altec lansing MX5021 which is a 2.1 speaker setup, i dont think u need to upgrade ur soundacrd since it wont make any difference..

btw how much did these speakers cost u??

ENjoy :)

Hi guys i checked for some information on the net and locally for speakers and so i thought as per the rules i will search for the topic i had started and post in it.

well first thing...... mx5021 costs around 10k and FX6021 costs 12k.

and i asked for the prices. only atp3,621,251,vs4121 fit into the category that i can afford. u can check this all out on the altec lansing website.

I also found the main dealer of altec lansing here in ahmedabad. i will go there and check which one is the best

when i had gone to a famous hardware shop here in ahmedabad, he was trying to persuade me to buy intex speakers. he played intex 5.1 2300 watts speakers.and frankly it was OK.

then he played Creative 4400 4.1 speakers well the bass quality was poor and when he made it full volume, they were a big disappointment.

then i made him play atp3. and man the effects were so nice...even he had to agree that they were better than intex. even at full volume they sounded great. and the woofer was so powerful. that as the speakers were kept on a glass surface. everything started shaking. the speaker were moving away from the woofer due to the shaking. after that i decided that i will go for altec lansing only.

one more question. what is the difference between RMS and Total System Power.

For example ATP3 is 42 watts RMS and 60 Watts TSP

and please tell which of the above mentioned is the best speaker.

Thank you

moshel said:
well first thing...... mx5021 costs around 10k and FX6021 costs 12k.
and i asked for the prices. only atp3,621,251,vs4121 fit into the category that i can afford. u can check this all out on the altec lansing website.

when i had gone to a famous hardware shop here in ahmedabad, he was trying to persuade me to buy intex speakers. he played intex 5.1 2300 watts speakers.and frankly it was OK.

then he played Creative 4400 4.1 speakers well the bass quality was poor and when he made it full volume, they were a big disappointment.

then i made him play atp3. and man the effects were so nice...even he had to agree that they were better than intex. even at full volume they sounded great. and the woofer was so powerful. that as the speakers were kept on a glass surface. everything started shaking. the speaker were moving away from the woofer due to the shaking. after that i decided that i will go for altec lansing only.

one more question. what is the difference between RMS and Total System Power.

For example ATP3 is 42 watts RMS and 60 Watts TSP

and please tell which of the above mentioned is the best speaker.
Thank you

In 2.1 spkts Altec Lansing MX 5021 rocks - 2.1 is best for music . It is THX certified. Has all the works - remote , connectivity at back for other audio inputs , say ur music system . That is it can be simultaneously be connected to both PC n other audio source .This is the best speaker in India for Music Lovers , but needs deep pockets .
Otherwise in Budget [3k] category u basically have 2 options Altec Lnsg ATP3 around 2.5k or Logitech x-230 around 2.8 k . Prices chkd at local vendot ystrday.

In 5.1 spkrs(gaming/movies) @around 5-6k . 2 choices Creative 6060 -rs5200 n Logitech x530-rs 5500. Logitech gives better performance but has fewer features. Creative has separate control pod , other audio device connectivity at back . In logitech u have to reach for the front rt spkt to control volume so u cant wall mount it .

Maybe that was helpful .

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
there is another variant out

Logitech x-540

It has got nice control pad, but am not sure if its available in India or not ?

And for soundcards:

go for x-fi (extreme fidelity) series from creative (its the latest hardware from creative and is future proof).

x-fi xtreme gamer is a nice contender, though not sure abt price but it should be less than 7k.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom