Need help for HTPC build

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
That CM361 doesn't come with even an exhaust fan !!!! It has a lot of fan slots though. Plus the Powecolor HD6450 is passively cooled... not that it needs air cooling but ambient temp inside the case should be bearable for all components so will attach 1 fan at front and 1 at rear. It'll at least help in keeping the HDD at normal temps. :)

Found the cheapest deal for a 160GB HDD
SEAGATE 160GB

and is this true? or some mistake from theitdepot.com ? 64GB Kingstone SSD @3240 ?
Theitdepot - Kingston V 200 Series 64GB SATA Internal Solid State Drive

call them up and confirm the price.

Also you will have

The Elite 361 comes with a 120mm cooling fan .....

akky89

Journeyman
That CM361 doesn't come with even an exhaust fan !!!! It has a lot of fan slots though. Plus the Powecolor HD6450 is passively cooled... not that it needs air cooling but ambient temp inside the case should be bearable for all components so will attach 1 fan at front and 1 at rear. It'll at least help in keeping the HDD at normal temps. :)

Found the cheapest deal for a 160GB HDD
SEAGATE 160GB

you can buy this hdd also cause you don't need bigger ones.. but the price diff is not that great so its up to you now...

and is this true? or some mistake from theitdepot.com ? 64GB Kingstone SSD @3240 ?
Theitdepot - Kingston V 200 Series 64GB SATA Internal Solid State Drive

and it looks like a dream ... so grab it before it's over... :p

TheLetterD

Will Power
Do check out the Cooler Master Elite 343! And why dont you try getting the Components from local stores? I bet you can get them at a cheaper price!

saswat23

Human Spambot
As per specs those CM 80mm LED fans dont have good airflow.
So, get Deepcool 120mm LED fans for Rs.350 instead. Have better airflow.

Yes, getting components locally will save some bucks more too.

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
See... CM361 has these fan slots

Top: 120mm fan x 1, 80/90mm (optional)
Front: 80mm fan x 1 (optional)
Rear: 80mm fan x 2 (optional)
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Side: 80/90/120mm fan x 1 (optional)[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I'll have to get at least one 80MM for rear vent and one for front. Or do you think one 120MM fan at top will be enough ? I've a spare CM Excalibur 120MM with me, but it creates noise at high speeds when I connect it directly without PWM function.
And BTW CM361 does not come with any fan, all are listed as optional.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm from Pune... what I've seen here till date that famous retailers here viz, Sujata, Baba, DataCare... all of them charge more than what even theitdepot charges :) So I prefer flipkart. In fact last week my friend purchase MK220 for 1800 Rs. from one of these retailers.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If I order something from say mdcomputers.in or theitdepot.com instead of flipkart, then the cost difference would be 200 to 300 rs.... but remember flipkart does not charge any extra taxes (even octroi and shipping charges) which itself would be around 200 rs more.

CM343 looks to be a good option too plus it comes with one 120MM fan preinstalled... I'll check where its available at lowest rate.
[/FONT]

akky89

Journeyman

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Side: 80/90/120mm fan x 1 (optional)[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I'll have to get at least one 80MM for rear vent and one for front. Or do you think one 120MM fan at top will be enough ? I've a spare CM Excalibur 120MM with me, but it creates noise at high speeds when I connect it directly without PWM function.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm from Pune... what I've seen here till date that famous retailers here viz, Sujata, Baba, DataCare... all of them charge more than what even theitdepot charges :) So I prefer flipkart. In fact last week my friend purchase MK220 for 1800 Rs. from one of these retailers.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If I order something from say mdcomputers.in or theitdepot.com instead of flipkart, then the cost difference would be 200 to 300 rs.... but remember flipkart does not charge any extra taxes (even octroi and shipping charges) which itself would be around 200 rs more.

CM343 looks to be a good option too plus it comes with one 120MM fan preinstalled... I'll check where its available at lowest rate.
[/FONT]

i guess you'll be better with two 80mm fans cause you can have intake and exhaust setup with it which will IMO cool better then one 120mm..

jainmj

Broken In

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

CM Elite 361 does come with a 120mm fan on top. I think "optional" means you can install 80/90mm instead of the stock 120.

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
^^ Nope... if a fan comes with cabinet then CM will write it in description as below -

This is for Elite 343
Front: 120 x 25mm fan x 1 / 1200 RPM / 17 dBA (pre-install) ; 80mm / 90mm (optional)
Rear: 80 / 90 mm fan x 1 (optional)

This is for Elite 361
Side: 80/90/120mm fan x 1 (optional)

Thats why I'm not sure.

panwala95

In the zone
if you are desperate for a choice of cabinet you can check out
1.zebronics tambi @ 1k
2.iball baby 306-1.5k
cheers!

jainmj

Broken In
I am almost sure that it has a 120mm fan on top. :) Check the reviews and flipkart page.
eg:
Cooler Master Elite 361 | Cabinet | Flipkart.com
Cooler Master Releases Elite 361 PC Case | Hardware Secrets

Top Bottom