Need Help For A Gaming PC Under 100-120K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock2702

Padawan
So, my final rig would be.
i7- 3770K
ASUS Maximus Gene V
WD Black 1 TB
Corsair HX-850
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB
Dell UltraSharp U2312HM
NZXT Lexa S
CM EVO dual fan
7970 GHz (Matrix, maybe?)
Logitech G500
Logitech G550
Roccat Kave\ Corsair Vengeance

Anything Missing?

Also, please give online prices of these.

Get an atx mobo.Gene is an awesome mobo but not suited for cfing cards occupying more than 2 slots like the 7970.I have the gene with 7970 and the 2nd pcie slot is half occupied by the card, leaving no option of cfing.

Get an asus z77 v pro.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Get an atx mobo.Gene is an awesome mobo but not suited for cfing cards occupying more than 2 slots like the 7970.I have the gene with 7970 and the 2nd pcie slot is half occupied by the card, leaving no option of cfing.

Get an asus z77 v pro.

Good point. The 7970 matrix takes up 3 slots while the sapphire (dual-x and vapor-x) occupy 2 slots.
An atx mobo will allow CFing such wide cards as well as allow sufficient air flow. An matx card will look quite congested if you CF on it.

Two 7970s will defintely raise the cabinets temps by a few degrees.
CF or not, you will need the extra front fan slot the Corsair 400r provides.

d3p

PowerHouse
Good point. The 7970 matrix takes up 3 slots while the sapphire (dual-x and vapor-x) occupy 2 slots.
An atx mobo will allow CFing such wide cards as well as allow sufficient air flow. An matx card will look quite congested if you CF on it.

Two 7970s will defintely raise the cabinets temps by a few degrees.
CF or not, you will need the extra front fan slot the Corsair 400r provides.

The sapphire HD 7970 Dual X or Dual X OC with Boost takes more than dual slots. If you force your second to fit the third slot, then airflow to first card is choked.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
The sapphire HD 7970 Dual X or Dual X OC with Boost takes more than dual slots. If you force your second to fit the third slot, then airflow to first card is choked.

Reviews said it was a 2 slot card.
Anyway, since you own a 7970 cf, its safer to accept your take on this matter. :p

Asus Z77 Pro then! BTW, do I need a sound card?

N will I need 1.1 kv of UPS power?
You can do with a lower rated UPS also, but the backup time will be very less or even none at all.
The 1.1kva APC UPS is best suited.

d3p

PowerHouse
Reviews said it was a 2 slot card.
Anyway, since you own a 7970 cf, its safer to accept your take on this matter. :p

You can do with a lower rated UPS also, but the backup time will be very less or even none at all.
The 1.1kva APC UPS is best suited.

It is a Dual Slot card, but the cooler is taking the additional spacing on the Motherboard.

APC 1.1KVA is recommended since, it can handle 770w at peak load.

gameranand

Living to Play
If you planning a CF setup in future then you might want to take the following into consideration.

1. You need a batter cabinet with more cooling because in a CF setup basically one of the fans of GPU is hindered by another GPU so lesser cooling performance so you need better cooling.
2. Change that Motherboard as Gene is not very much suited for CF setup. It'll work best for single card setup.
3. You might want to get a better SMPS as you are talking about 7970 CF setup in future and 850 would do, but on the thread.
4. You definitely need APS 1.1 KVA whether going for single GPU setup or CF setup.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
You are good with a single card when its ATI. For dual card (SLi /CF) its better to stick to Nvidia or SLi ,imo. Nvidia has way less micro stutter and has faster driver updates for bugs in games when in you are in a Dual GPU set up.

Its completely my personal opinion others may differ.

Secondly when going for a dual GPU set up get a cabinet with a side fan. A good one with superb cooling is the NZXT Phantom for Rs 7800.

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Then APC 1.1 Kva is fixed then!
what about NZXT phantom as The Incinerator suggested?
So guys, this is the defining step, SHOULD I GO FOR CF/SLI OR NOT?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Go for a single powerful card or two mid end cards when going for Dual GPU. In short go for a single HD 7970 or 2 GTX660 in SLi.

Check this monitor too,can be had for Rs 18990 if you look around.I2757FH-AOC Monitor

d3p

PowerHouse
Go for a single powerful card or two mid end cards when going for Dual GPU. In short go for a single HD 7970 or 2 GTX660 in SLi.

Check this monitor too,can be had for Rs 18990 if you look around.I2757FH-AOC Monitor

1+ for the GPU suggestion. Either a Single HD 7970 from Sapphire or Asus will do or D 7870 CF or 7950 CF will be a great build.

But regarding monitor, i would say either stick to a 23 or 24inch IPS panel rather than buying a 27inch.

The 27inch 1080p monitor doesn't offer anything out of the world. In all around performance the text appears to be stretched making very much difficult to read or browse.
For movies & gaming it will be a great display, but resolution is limited. If opting for a 27inch, than get a Dell U27133HM Ultrasharp, which supports WQHD resolution of 2560 x 1440, other hand cost a bomb [60-70k]

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
No no! I need 24" max. 23" is the best option.
Regarding CF& SLI, any benchmarks/reviews?

gameranand

Living to Play
No no! I need 24" max. 23" is the best option.
Regarding CF& SLI, any benchmarks/reviews?

A lot of em...just refer to my thread and browse. You'll get a lot of links there.

Also bear in mind that by going with CF setup you might want to get a better Cabinet and Mobo. Also don't think about future CF setup. Not a good option, either now or never, simple. :)

I think looking at your budget, Single card would be best suited for you. :)

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Actually, I'm from mobile now. So if u can direct me to those links, I would be very grateful to you.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Imo , OP should go for a CF setup because if OP buys a HD 7970 and the same card is stopped after 1 to 2 yrs OP cannot inc his performance....

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Yep! Thats what I mean.! If I get a CF, will I get better performance for a longer time than EQUIVALENT single GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom