need help buying vfm printer

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
my old hp printer, an aio (hp 4355 officejet) has started giving problems and hp service center says no warranty then no spares, and "sir, please try in another local shop which has second hand printer of sane model and replace parts- MAHAA ELECTRONICS (ALL OVER SOUTH INDIA)":mad::thumbdown::banghead::eek:

so I'm looking for a color inkjet or color laser printer (AIO or Single doesn't matter) below 10k, maybe +1k if it is really VFM. INK CARTIDGES MUST BE CHEAP AS POSSIBLE ;) should give more pages, but should have good quality prints. Should not get occasional visits to service centers

Don't ask me how frequent I take printouts, I don't know when, and how many pages I will take. For home use. Will be nice if it has Wi-Fi or ethernet but it's optional ;)

and a VFM flatbed scanner below 5k(if you suggest me a single use printer)
which can scan without completely the top lid( for scanning large items like books)
Should have good life like 5+ years

I saw a epson model with ink bottle of 374Rs giving 3000+ b&w printouts(saw on internet) but Flipkart said it's permanently discontinued :(

I want
Multi function printer
Or
single printer + a flat bed scanner

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
My suggestion is, for colour printing, go for a HP AIO InkAdvantage printer. The one that costs around 7k is a good one. HP InkAdvantage are very good Inkjet printers. Their cartridges are very cheap too. Cost around Rs.400 each. This is the one I am talking about: HP Deskjet Ink Advantage - K209g Multifunction Inkjet Printer - HP: Flipkart.com
And for large no.s of text print outs get a black laser printer. Samsung ML-1886W is a good option. Its a WiFi printer too. Samsung - ML 1866W Single Function Laser Printer - Samsung: Flipkart.com

So, in total you get a good combination for undder 14k.

tkin

Back to school!!
If you want cheap ink go for Epson, and hook that with one of their ink tanks.

HP ink prices are unjustifiable.

tkin

Back to school!!
HP ink is costlier than blood and their service is pathetic,
Please tell me some model numbers
I don't have much experiences with printers, scanners, so I can only suggest you this: Epson - ME-101 Multifunction Inkjet Printer - Epson: Flipkart.com

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
yeah buy an epson and hook up a CISS :D

how many years the printer works for?
and i saw on internet that if the piezo electric head dries, i will not be able to find a replacement head. do i need to print a test page every week to prevent this? i want reliability, and long lasting printer, i can't go for laser as is b/w only.

should i go for single printer and buy scanner seaparately , or a multifunction?
my local shop has
epson l110 @6800 and canon scanner @3500
epson l210 @10200

or should i go for epson me101 and modify it for CISS total @ 4700, but will it be reliable? i am worried about the head

will laser give more prints than ink tanks?

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
how many years the printer works for?
and i saw on internet that if the piezo electric head dries, i will not be able to find a replacement head. do i need to print a test page every week to prevent this? i want reliability, and long lasting printer, i can't go for laser as is b/w only.

should i go for single printer and buy scanner seaparately , or a multifunction?
my local shop has
epson l110 @6800 and canon scanner @3500
epson l210 @10200

or should i go for epson me101 and modify it for CISS total @ 4700, but will it be reliable? i am worried about the head

will laser give more prints than ink tanks?
If you use CISS you have to print one page per day at least.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^
Its not that bad, since ink is so damn cheap if you use CISS
BTW OP make sure that CISS is compatible with the printer you are buying..
I made the mistake of not checking and had to pay extra :/

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
for maintainence free, and cheap ink, suggest some printer, so if you laser is only choice, model number please!
can laser printers be easily repaired

tkin

Back to school!!
something like ticket booking, so 2 pages per two months or 1 month sometimes i take 700 pages, like books, but only 1-2 books a year!
Get normal cartridges, buy new ones when they run out, refill when you are about to print books(you can refill it once only).

Top Bottom