Need help buying a 17 inch xp laptop

OP
V

Viveck

Broken In
Sorry,I did not mean to be rude.

Me not even remotely a geek(as a matter of fact just a stupid doctor!! You can imagine my level of noobness!)
But even I know these simple basic things.

Who does even buy a 17 inch laptop these days and that too run xp?
And someone with more than a thousand posts suggests a xps17!!

Anyways,sorry if I offended anyone.
Please carry on with your xp laptop discussion.

BTW op has this topic posted in atleast 2 other forums and normal folks everywhere suggested VM.
Somehow,he is still not convinced.

Actually it's for my dad & 17 inch cause he can't read well due to old age, he travels once or twice and need the laptop for that reason... That answer your question who does buy a 17... ?

Also win 7 hogs memory, I have 8 gigs and still can run more things easily without lag on a normal xp (with 4 gb) than a virtual one, how about that ?

I have a software of stocks which I need to load a months data, with win7 it just barely loads, with xp I run the program flawlessly, withfirefox running 50/60 tabs + oe ++ so that answers your wise crack about... I am not tech savvy, I know not about vm and I can wait for my laptop but my dads one knocked so instead of trial and error about vm I thought of posting at more places to get answers faster, any more wise cracks need answers ?

OP
V

Viveck

Broken In
Also if u know the same question is being asked in diff forums why bother, just ignore and mind your own business, do you think everyone visits all the forums all the time, I needed more opinions thus the multiple queries that that too on diff forums is hurting you much I gues...

aroraanant

Explorer
I know some guys asked irrelevant question.These guys instead of just giving their suggestions are just lost behind what other people think and they are after the life of people whose suggestions doesn't match with their suggestions/thinking.
Anyways don't want to dig out more things,but I am really sorry from their side.
So I hope you have got the answer.
But always keep in mind that a 17" laptop specially dell xps will weight a lot and will be difficult for your dad to carry around so don't forget to buy a trolley backpack for him with that. :)

And if you think that Windows 7 will take a lot of time to load data then I don't think you need to worry about that.Just get a lappy with i7 processor with good amount of ram as you said 8GB will be good enough( even dell gives an option for 12GB but I don't think it is necessary) and replace your hard disk with a Solid State Hard Disk and with win 7 it work flawlessly and you surely will not face any issue while loading any kind of thing/data

red dragon

Master troll
Get one thing straight son!
You WILL NOT find a single 17inch consumer laptop which will get driver support from the manufacturer.

If your Windows stutters with 8GB of RAM, something is terribly wrong either with you or the laptop!

My sincere advice would be, buy a c2d 15 inch vostro and install xp in it.
17 inch laptops are not even easily transportable let alone portable.

OP
V

Viveck

Broken In
I know some guys asked irrelevant question.These guys instead of just giving their suggestions are just lost behind what other people think and they are after the life of people whose suggestions doesn't match with their suggestions/thinking.
Anyways don't want to dig out more things,but I am really sorry from their side.
So I hope you have got the answer.
But always keep in mind that a 17" laptop specially dell xps will weight a lot and will be difficult for your dad to carry around so don't forget to buy a trolley backpack for him with that. :)

And if you think that Windows 7 will take a lot of time to load data then I don't think you need to worry about that.Just get a lappy with i7 processor with good amount of ram as you said 8GB will be good enough( even dell gives an option for 12GB but I don't think it is necessary) and replace your hard disk with a Solid State Hard Disk and with win 7 it work flawlessly and you surely will not face any issue while loading any kind of thing/data

Thanks a lot aroraanant, appreciate it... Will keep in mind the same...

Top Bottom