Need Graphics Card & PSU (10-12K)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Err... we can't see your shopping cart, only you can. Post individual prices.

OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W - 3,770.00
MSI R6850 Cyclone PE/OC - 9,500.00

so am i good to go ?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
400 bucks extra for higher rated SMPS is OK IMO. GFX is bit pricy, but that's an OCed card.

Pricing of 7770 is good and can be considered.

OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
400 bucks extra for higher rated SMPS is OK IMO. GFX is bit pricy, but that's an OCed card.

Pricing of 7770 is good and can be considered.

AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

the main purpose of my upgrade is to play battlefield 3 ,MW3, crysis , metro 2033 farcry 2, Cod series mainly fps not to mention gta iv , mafia 2 & portal 2 (occasionally)
not really a fan of dirt 3, skyrim or civilization series .

now from the above comparison the 7770 lags behind the 6850 when it comes to some of the games that i intend to play like battlefield 3 , metro 2033 etc

now my question is is the increased price tag justifiable when it comes to the games i play , also like you said earlier it is also an overclocked card.

or is the 7770 a more sensible option.

regarding the smps i think i will stick with my current choice as i plan to do some overclocking (hopefully)...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1k less for 10% slow GPU is fair pricing but maybe with future drive updates, performance should get bumped by 4-5% which will close the gap.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W - 3,770.00
MSI R6850 Cyclone PE/OC - 9,500.00

so am i good to go ?

where the 6850PE/OC priced so much ???

ATI/AMD

6850 PE/OC no longer available at smc..
so now what are my options?

just get R6850-PM2D1GD5 @ 8.85k from here and you'll be able to OC it for sure - just check out my siggy ;-)

OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
where the 6850PE/OC priced so much ???

just get R6850-PM2D1GD5 @ 8.85k from here and you'll be able to OC it for sure - just check out my siggy ;-)

price of 6850PE/OC from itwares.

the sapphire 6850 is also an option but will it remain thermally stable on overclocking,
will it have issues with the extra heat generated..
or will it be an issue for the card in the long run?
if there are no such problems with it on overclocking, i will get it instead of the 6850 pe/oc edition

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sapphire's quality is very good buddy. You should not face any problem. I would rather go with tg's suggestion. That MSI card is very good and priced right.

BTW, Sapphire's card is priced close to 10k at ITWares. If you get it around 9k, you can consider that too.

OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
Sapphire's quality is very good buddy. You should not face any problem. I would rather go with tg's suggestion. That MSI card is very good and priced right.

BTW, Sapphire's card is priced close to 10k at ITWares. If you get it around 9k, you can consider that too.

MSI 6850PE/OC - 9.5k
MSI R6850-PM2D1GD5 - 8.85k

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 @ 9.8K too expensive

isn't the 6850PE/OC better than the MSI R6850-PM2D1GD5 wrt better stock
cooling also considering the fact that it costs only 0.65k more than the MSI R6850.
Suggestions...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
price of 6850PE/OC from itwares.

the sapphire 6850 is also an option but will it remain thermally stable on overclocking,
will it have issues with the extra heat generated..
or will it be an issue for the card in the long run?
if there are no such problems with it on overclocking, i will get it instead of the 6850 pe/oc edition

when you OC a gpu the heat will increase for sure - the heat will increase more if you OC by increasing the gpu volt - you can't avoid it though with better cooling the heat will be less while using a OCed GPU.

All of the three HD6850s have custom cooler - so they will produce less heat than a stock cooled HD6850 and Cyclone PE has the best cooling and may be Oced 15-20Mhz more ;-)

OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
when you OC a gpu the heat will increase for sure - the heat will increase more if you OC by increasing the gpu volt - you can't avoid it though with better cooling the heat will be less while using a OCed GPU.

All of the three HD6850s have custom cooler - so they will less produce heat than a stock cooled HD6850 and Cyclone PE has the best cooling and may be Oced 15-20Mhz more ;-)

will go for the cyclone PE:thumbs:

Top Bottom