Need Free Software to convert Youtube Videos to DVD or VCD format

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hi Friends,

There are some old Movies in youtube which my uncle wants to watch on his DVD player.
What will be the best software to convert these videos(Hindi Movies) into DVD Format.
Till recently I have used VSO Convert X to DVD but yesterday when I converted using the same software the output file is not so good with audio lag coming and the screen is in mess.

Can someone suggest a free software which I can use to convert these youtube videos to DVD or maybe VCD format.
My uncle has some odd DVD player which doesn't seem to support Divx otherwise it would may have been easier.

Thanks in advance for help

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Freemake Video Converter

its has many options to convert just install and choose the DVD video option
and has best output IMHO

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Did you try Xmedia Recode or are just looking for more answers? :|

I went to the link but wasn't able to download the software.
Also got confused when you told about bitrate.
Yesterday I tried one but that ended up with watermark on the video and also the size was 5.24 GB.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I went to the link but wasn't able to download the software.
Also got confused when you told about bitrate.
Yesterday I tried one but that ended up with watermark on the video and also the size was 5.24 GB.

Installer version:
*www.xmedia-recode.de/download/XMediaRecode3224_setup.exe

Portable version:
*www.xmedia-recode.de/download/XMediaRecode3224.zip

Bitrate is the thing which decides how much big your file will end up after the conversion.
XMedia Recode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zangetsu

From whichever site I try to download my Avira says that the site is not safe and doesn't allow me to go to the download page.

download from this url
*download.freemake.net/FreemakeOriginals2/FreemakeVideoConverterFull.exe

use download accelerators such as IDM

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Freemake Video Converter

its has many options to convert just install and choose the DVD video option
and has best output IMHO

Yes its free
but Freemake is better

From whichever site I try to download my Avira says that the site is not safe and doesn't allow me to go to the download page.

Was able to finally download this. I selected the option to ignore the warning from Avira.
However after I visited the site I realised that the software exe was already available with me.
Thanks Zangetsu. Will try that out today.

Zangetsu

Was able to finally download this. I selected the option to ignore the warning from Avira.
However after I visited the site I realised that the software exe was already available with me.
Thanks Zangetsu. Will try that out today.
Glad that u finally got it.

I have used many video converters so far and settled down to FreeMake (which I use mostly)
and sometimes I use Format Factory also when some conversion fails in FreeMake but that is rare.

Some other good converters are:
SUPER
Format Factory
Any Video Converter
Handbrake

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have used many video converters so far and settled down to FreeMake (which I use mostly)
and sometimes I use Format Factory also when some conversion fails in FreeMake but that is rare.

Some other good converters are:
SUPER
Format Factory
Any Video Converter
Handbrake

From the list mentioned I have used the bolded ones in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember using FreeMake for quite a long time until I had to format my HDD.
Thanks once again for reminding.
Also I remember I had installed one software , once it's installed on our PC whenever we open youtube on the top left we will have the options listed to download it to our computer plus download and convert. I don't remember that add in.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Thanks Zangetsu, Task accomplished.
Pretty happy with this app.
This wouldn't have been possible with your suggestion.
Thanks to others as well.

Top Bottom