Need for Speed: Undercover Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
EA's seminal racing franchise gets yet another new name, and likely a change in focus.

June 18, 2008 - To no one's surprise, EA is set to release the next installment in the Need for Speed franchise later this year in the form of Need for Speed: Undercover. In an interview with gamesindustry.biz, Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello said that the title is in development from one of EA Vancouver's two NFS teams. He also hinted that its inspiration comes from movies like The Transporter, though we'll have to wait and see what he means by that.

The single previous Need for Speed team was split into two last year to allow each of the two teams more time to create yearly updates for the franchise. Rather than giving one team only 12 months to create the next installment, each team would now have a full two years, with the teams trading release years, obviously. Being that the team was only split last year, the Undercover team will only have a little over 16 months to create the title, but the extra breathing room must certainly welcome in any case.

In the interview, Riccitiello also discussed his disappointment with last year's Need for Speed ProStreet, and said that the reason for splitting the team into to two was to help insure that future titles would actually be a worthy experience.

No consoles were specified for Undercover, but given the franchise's history, we'd expect to see it hit every major system.

Source

Release Date - Late 2008 (i.e Nov.)

Last edited:

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
freakin awesome newz man !!!!! My only wish is that may it not suck as hard like ProStreet, the worst racing game I ever played. Meanwhile GRID is rocking.... :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
huh. I lost hope on NFS series after Carbon and Prostreet. I really really need police chases like the one's in NFS:MW.

The only thing that can keep NFS alive is "Hot pursuit"

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
The further they go the suckier it gets. NFS is doomed . want to play a good game , play grid.

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
if they manage to bring the same essence as MW , this wud be awesome.. :) n since they say its inspired by The Transporter,i think they're gonna pull off a gr8 game....maybe we get to be an undercover cop who is among the street racers...something like Fast n the furious?? :D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
thanks third eye:D

damage like grid wud be awesome:)), imagine driving in traffic wit damge like tat.

Expounding on how modeling a game after a low-rent film could ever be considered a good idea, Riccitiello said, "We resurrected the game when we brought out Most Wanted and then Undergound--the sort of chase and be chased, and the whole underground ethos of street racing at 3:00 in the morning...Now we're coming back with a strong narrative hook, and I feel really good about the title."
*www.gamespot.com/news/6192711.html

in gta4, we can call for back-up in vigilante mission, how cool wud it be, if we chase a noob & call for road blocks... (nfs hp2 like):D

xbonez

NP : Crysis
after the disappointment that Pro Street was, and after playing some awesome games like Grid, i no longer look fwd to it

karmanya

Journeyman
Honestly I feel that Mw when it came out was slightly original. EA tried to copy it in carbon which bombed cuz it was a really bad imitation. Then they tried the opposite end of the spectrum with pro street which REALLy bombed. I think they need to come up with a new concept, and pack in a gameplay worthy of that concept.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Thats great news! I hope this one would be a lot better than NFS PS.
Something like NFS MW and graphics thats there in Grid and a good story would be awesome.

moshel

Padawan
after how much NFS:pS sucked, im not even excited abt hearing this news + also im hooked to GriD..

although i will bring the NFS game hoping it will be better than NFS:pS...anyway until then i wud have completed grid.

the best thing abt nfs series is cop chases...no other game in the world ever has better car chases.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
We don't even know if the cop chases will be there.. If its there, it should be better than the previous ones..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I hope to see Cross again, he was teh bad a$$.

And Josie will u be there too? :D Is it too much to ask for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom