Need For Speed - Pro Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I liked the gameplay but graphics are not quiet up to the mark.Their are low res textures even on the load screen.
I was playing at 720p with everything to high 4xAA and AF in game.

faraaz

Evil Genius
I have a config which is slightly better than the minimum recommended config, and the game is unplayable (runs at 4 - 5 fps on a P4 3.2 GHz, Radeon 9800 256 MB, 1 GB RAM).

I'm not going to bother playing this game I think...going to reinstall Most Wanted again...

V

vaibhavtek

hey i am going to play NFS MW after completing NFS U2.
What is special in NFS MW that all times u guys are taking abt it?

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
Just play NFS MW and you will know .. it's one of the best NFS till date.

Pro Street looks good .. damage is nice but the cars are not as responsive as MW (no response at all from light tapping). Also the FPS stays at around 22-25 .. droping to 17-18 sometimes making the game stutter. Am playing at 1440*900 at all high and 8x AA on Vista x64.

Can't go above 8x AA as it displays "Missing string" after 8x. Anyone else getting more than 8x AA option ?

The opening videos get slow when ESC key is presssed.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Right, but let us whine, that's what we do. :))

Pressing the escape button lags the game during a cut-scene. It feels like as if the game activates the menu but then learns that its a cut scene and avoids showing it, lol.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
will this game run in my config??

core 2 duo 4500

2gb ddr2 667 mhz

nvidia 6200 tc

320 gb sata hd??

edit:
just now installed the game...

and ran @ 640x480 resolution..

to say the truth the gfx is awesome at this setting itself..

but the gameplay..

guys i have to say it really is killingme and my keyboard..
yeah may be its due to thier hyper realistic physic.. whtever..

but after playing Mw or carbon , this games need more time to find a WAY to CONTROL THE CAR...

one hit on the electric post or on the side .. u r doomed.. u cant even steer the car properly .. which will ultimately lead to other crashes to follow..

but still going to try and spend spme time with it..
had a brea k .. so came her and shared My first opinion about the game..

but the GFX is awesome even at the minimum resolution..

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Let me see how this game plays with a controller.

Edit : Played it with an Enter Dual Analog Vibration Controller with the drivers installed and guess what the car was more than easy to control in the speed challenge with racer difficulty.

Last edited:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
guys i also wanna try it out with a controller...

should i invest in a JOYPAD with FF... i mean will it be better for the game than the traditional keyboard?

i should get a cheapo joypad in around 500 bucks shouldnt i? i mean that may add a new dimension?

what ya say guys?

faraaz

Evil Genius
@bikdel: Not really...instead of being crappy to play with a keyboard, it will be crappy to play with a joystick...that's all...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
obviously, for any racing game, game pad gives much better control & makes your life a bit easy :D

now-a-days GamePads (chinese) cost just 200 buks.

btw frm wat i cud gather (frm nfs forums), stay inside the road, dont even touch the gravel (off-road), the car loses traction & its hard to get the car back on road, especially with KeyBoard.:p

---------

you guys are cursing so much for just this sub-sim NFS, try GTR2 & you'll say, "NFS PS Rocks" :p

faraaz

Evil Genius
What's GTR2?? And s18000rpm, I'm a Colin McRae DiRT aficionado, having played and completed that game a lot of times...so I don't think its the sim nature of the game I don't like...except its the retarded implementation of these concepts in NFS PS, which were done so brilliantly in other franchises a long time ago.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i set everything low and set at 640x480 res..

i dont know how many fps i get .. but i get decent frames.... no lag actually..

still the controls are really horrible.. i cant even turn the F^^^^^^ car...

hope this is not be a issue in the final release.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
faraaz said:
What's GTR2??
:shock:

its the big daddy of Simulation games. (KING is still F1-C:)))

*gtr-game.10tacle.com/index.php?id=246&L=1

GTR2
"Extending the ground-breaking physics engine found in GTR, GTR 2 takes the thrill of driving to new heights. GTR 2, which is the official simulation of the FIA GT championship, features more than 140 high detailed cars and 34 different track-layouts in a hyper realistic racing world with breathtaking real-world-like effects. With a revolutionary Driving School Mode, GTR 2 will teach everybody how to become a real race driver."

And s18000rpm, I'm a Colin McRae DiRT aficionado, having played and completed that game a lot of times...so I don't think its the sim nature of the game I don't like...except its the retarded implementation of these concepts in NFS PS, which were done so brilliantly in other franchises a long time ago.
CMR DiRT is not a full sim. it lies between arcade & sims, jus like the NFS PS.

i havent tried PS yet, so i dunno much about its driving physics.

it'll take some time to adjust to this game, thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom