Need For Speed - Pro Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Dude...some problem...the install keeps crashing on my laptop...

Here's my config for reference:

Intel P4 3.2 GHz
1 GB RAM
160 GB IDE HDD
256 MB ATI Radeon 9800 Mobility...

I'm getting really pissed off now...

WRC Rocks

Right off the assembly line
Ambar said:
the one i got is 942 megs...

nope...not working...the screen goes blank.....and only the sound comes.....wait fr 7 more days and ull get it....neways if ne1 want hd vids..(i have like 40 of em)....pm me:D:|
:|

its under 800MB :p

PWN3D!!!

dude, you owned yourself.

saw your contribution in CSS thread, thought you were a pro gamer, but you did a typical noob act by posting "i got PC Demo".

shame on you. NOOB!!!

WRC Rocks

^Where the hell were you ???

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58628&page=14

the guys have posted 100+ times about various NFS sites.

posted Official Reqs. so many times & you missed it? :|

WoW

atleast care to read previous posts or google or GO to some NFS site :x

*www.nfs-planet.de/nfsps_sysrequirements.php?lang=eng

respect the members who have contributed so much in this thread.

V

vaibhavtek

@WRC Rocks

as it says it requires 8.1 GB free disk space or more that doesn't mean the game is of 8.1 GB.

It is telling abt the minimum space should be available in HDD.

Be caution about the words written.

WRC Rocks

i guess "nvidia8800" was talking about this (8.1GB) size.

he also typed 8.1GB only. p

you're PWN3D & without words, & now you say its min. reqs. size...blah blah blah.

jus jokin, dont take it serioulsy. :))

see ya.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Ok then, I will TRY to write a review of the demo. I played the demo around 20 times yesterday.... For Screenshots, please refer to the other thread here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72305

I tested the demo reluctantly on my laptop: Intel C2D 7200, Ati Radeon X1400 mobility 256 MB, 1 GB DDR2667....

* Its a little disappointing that such a large sized demo (~800 MB) features only one car and two game modes - Grip racing and Speed Challenge. No car customizations are possible in the demo.

* The graphics are gorgeous though the polygon count felt quite low some times (maybe due to the fact that I tuned my Ati driver to "Performance" mode instead of "quality")

* The demo is extremely well tuned. It ran at 25-30 fps on my rig with all settings turned to their max at 800x600 (xcept AA/Af/shadow).

* The gameplay felt quite different than the earlier NFS franchises. In default camera mode, the camera angle and car view changes with the track and car speed making it a little difficult to control the car sometimes and I personally felt that the gameplay was oriented more towards Racing Simulators rather than Arcade Style racing.

* This game unlike the NFS tradition features damage modeling and the damage level can be pre set through the settings.

I WILL UPDATE THIS REVIEW.....

faraaz

Evil Genius
Okay...finally got it to run...here are my quick impressions:

1) Total sim feel now..but that changes depending on level of assists you choose...if you go for the Casual assists, then its almost like playing NFS PU, but if you go for the Pro level thing...its like playing Gran Turismo...but faster! :) Overall...I dunno...still not comfortable, after playing Most Wanted for so long.

2) Graphics...hmm...they're okay I guess...but since my config is not very new, I'm not able to play it at a very high level of detail. However, considering I was able to play Most Wanted on this config...I dunno...I liked the over-bloom style of MW a lot...not so much the cheap plastic look of Carbon. Environments are hot...cars not so much...

3) Damage is annoying. Not as realistic as a game like Colin McRae DiRT, but not arcadey like NFS PU either...

4) KILLER LOAD TIMES! The game feels very unoptimised...jittery when it runs, random freezes while playing, especially when in a pack of cars clustered together on the streets...

wirelessraj

| Game Artist |
How many of u r planning to buy a legal copy of this game???

I think the PC version would be priced at Rs.999 & the XBox 360 version for Rs.1999.

Third Eye

gooby pls
Damage system is annoying and car's handing too. :x

They even changed the Nitro system.

Looks like EA has concentrated only on graphics. :x

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Game sucks, am not playing this one. Gives me the Spider-Man 3 creeps!

Repeat: What Third Eye said. Damage is *$&($&#$#@ annoying.

faraaz

Evil Genius
@wirelessraj: It is hard to explain how it is annoying if you have never played Colin McRae - DiRT...

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
QwertyManiac said:
Game sucks, am not playing this one. Gives me the Spider-Man 3 creeps!

Repeat: What Third Eye said. Damage is *$&($&#$#@ annoying.

The game does not suck .. but the changing camera angle may give those creeps..... :) just wanna know... QM did u play PREY ? If yes... how did u feel during the gravity changing mechanism ?

I liked the new gameplay (changing camera) btw... its quite claustrophobic and makes the driving quite challenging.... just like ur head swinging away as u r turning around narrow bends with high speed.... :) Its feels awesum.... :)

The damage is weird but detailed.... from in-car view, if u hit another car in front of you, u can see the glass panes realistically cracking away (depending on the damage).... but sometimes the damage system really behaves in a funny manner.... it may be quite annoying for some people.... :)

faraaz said:
KILLER LOAD TIMES! The game feels very unoptimised...jittery when it runs, random freezes while playing, especially when in a pack of cars clustered together on the streets...

This is not true in my case.... the game loads extremely fast and it feels completely slick and well tuned ... :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom