Need For Speed: Carbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Re: Need For Speed: Carbon, next in the NFS Series

how do you know that tech mastermind, also, have the graphics changed dramatically or only slightly?

Third Eye

gooby pls

akshayt said:
how do you know that tech mastermind, also, have the graphics changed dramatically or only slightly?

I saw a trailer.Graphics are now looking better than nfsmw.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

that doesn't account to anything. Obviously there will be some change in the graphics, but when we talk of real change we mean a major change, like a new graphics engine.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

well as far as i know, there's no news about a NEW Graphics Engine.
i suspect its the same Gfx. Engine as that of MW, with a little tweak.

As the game has been dealt heavely on ONLY Gameplay & AutoSculpt.
e.g. Team Play, Co-Op Play modes, ....
Graphics wise, this game looks similar to MW, except little bit more Reflection & Lights.

& @tech..., you are right about the gameplay, all we are going to see in the Game is More Opponents in the Same Race (20 cars- Crew War), some new type of races, Team members.

Third Eye

gooby pls

What is AutoSculpt ?
I heard that it is the new way of customizing car..

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

I would prefer to play a game with lesser vehiles unless you gift me a R600 + C2D.

sree_shan

Broken In

yup
i enjoyed playing the NFS previous versions ....
i am eagerly waitng 4 the NFS:carbon , next in the NFS series....
:) :) :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

yup @tech_Master... , its like Unlimited Customization.
You can set the depth of a hood Vent, bumper, height, Size & angle of the Spoiler....
better watch these videos to experience it. *www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMo1iwouN94
or head towards the Relaunched EA NFS website & see it in flash.(u can manually set the levels here) www.needforspeed.com

from nfs.wiki:
AutoSculpt:
"Autosculpt is the revolutionary customization system in Need for Speed Carbon where you can tweak every aspect of your ride, from lowering the bumpers to changing the number of spokes on the rims. There are 10 zones on the car that can be changed. As for the vinyls and decals, you can use vector scoping to widen, change the angle of, and turn vinyls, and for the decals, vector scoping helps you put the decal wherever you want on the car."

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl

These are only artificial changes and don't contribute in any way to the actual racing experience. Once you start racing do you even notice the fine details on the car?

I played through MW and other than a paint job didn't customise the car at all.

What EA needs to do is add more race types like speedtrap.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

but AutoSculpt is really awesome, coz NFS Carbon is gonna have "Photo" (or whatever iits called) mode.
with that mode we can just stop our Ride anywhere & take some Photos, & post it at EA website, to show our AutoSculpting creativity. :D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl

Last time I checked video games were for having fun and Photoshop was for creating fancy cars. It's fine to have all these features but if the game is built around gimmicks like this and offers marginal improvement over MW, people are going to be really pissed of at EA.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

if EA had done this -->Autosculpt+Simulation Driving Physics, it would have had a Really One of a Kind game, just think how much we could have Tuned the car(aero dynamics) with AutoSculpt, ooohH Yeah!!!
then my car would just stick to the Road like glue when Cornering.

EA is just trying to Impress the KIDS with all its fancy, but its not thinking of the Fans who've Grew Up with Need For Speed Series.
if it had then by now we'd have a the BEST RACING Game Title in the world.

Third Eye

gooby pls

It would be better if EA add both mode(night and day) in need for speed games.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

why does EA love Night Racing so much,i think no one can tell that.
, but anyways it maybe a Delight for the 'UnderGround" Series Fans.

EA can design the next (after Carbon) NFS Title, with Day & Night mode/clock.
my wish:::>> i mean in the mornings we can get the Bounty (Cop Chases) & in the Night Race & cash(progress in career).
If we like to race in morning, then we should take the Risk of being chased by Cops(more fun).

Shrut_Xen

Broken In

Well i love the Night Life though and Morning Races well make my Mind Y-A-W-N:eek:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

well if u see fast and the furious .... part 1,2 and 3 then u will get the answer to the question as toy nite racing .... and as far as autosculpt is concerned i agree its just time pass adding nothing to the game experience ..... and i wud also vote for a second edition of carbon which also has simulation mode also ... with day and night driving ..... but then again v cant everything in 1 game ..... can v???!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

there's one thing for sure, EA doesnt want to experiment with Game Styles anymore (last time they experimented was NFS HP2), they just want to sticck with the Movie Style (Fast & Furiuos.1,2,3), coz then KIDs, wanna play the game which is kinda based on a movie.

& its really clear, FnF3 has Drifting in it, so EA brought back the Drift race in Carbon.
------------
my opinions

All i want now is, a very BIG city (like GTA San Andreas), loooong Coastal roads, & most importantly "Realistic game world" (like the Crysis, GTA4).

No more 10-20 cops, remember in Hot Pursuit days & Porsche Days (factory driver missions), Just TWO Cops would give us such HAAARD Time.
==>>EA, Reduce the Cops & increase their AI as well as the Traffic AI, more realistic MODDing of cars (aerodynamics should play some role, like it did in NFS PU), bring back Opponents AI from Porsche Unleashed....

what's the use. EA aint gonna do any thing like this. :( its just gonna do what Fast & Furious 4 will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom