Need For Speed: Carbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzair

Jumping Jack
Re: Need For Speed: Carbon, next in the NFS Series

Carbon is again back to mid night racing..... most wanted is the best till date of all nfs series....I liked the daylight in mw compared to the all night theme in u1,u2 and carbon.....

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

@uzair, i completely agree with you.

Need For Speed went to the DARK for 2 years, then saw DAYLIGHT, & then again is going to the DARK.

I just hope some NFS MODDER makes a MOD for this DAYLIGHT & All Night sh*t, so that we can enjoy both of the worlds.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

raat ho ya din bas gaadi bhagao

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief

I lovez dark races and the neon lights and the city lights and all that :p U2 was thee best :D

Games Goblin

Journeyman
Re: neeNEED FOR SPEED NEW SERIES COMMING........DISCUSSION

rockthegod said:
seen the screenies and vidz... to tell the truth I'm not quite impressed....the grafix of NFS MW was extremely beautiful and realistic.... this one seems more of a "plastik" sort !!! Well, as suggested, the gameplay seems interesting but the naming is trashy !!!!

I will have to agree to that! It looks a whole lot like underground 2. The problem with MW was it's cops. Yeah okay they come by the truckloads! And RAMMING into them in slo-mo may me VEEERY SATISFYING (addictive infact....) but Crash into them very fast / a lot and they are disabled! AND NO DAMAGE TO YOUR CAR! ONLY GLASS BROKEN & PAINT SCRATCHES! Also it does get boring after some time! Just think back to yesteryear...... NFS:HP2. Just 2 police cars on your A** and already they are taking you down!! (MW2 can't do that even with 60!)
But the greatest police in the series has to be from NFS 4 : High Stakes! I love those cops !

Could this NFS be like UG2? When UG was released, the graphics and gameplay was sensational! But UG2 was a dissapointment in both aspects!

LETS HOPE HISTORY DOES NOT REPEAT ITSELF!!!!

Stalker

Padawan
Re: neeNEED FOR SPEED NEW SERIES COMMING........DISCUSSION

why can't there be a cockpit(......well, not exactly the right terminology) camera in the latest NFS series:confused: i think the last was in NFS 5 ...
i wanna see the cars from the inside!!

Games Goblin said:
But the greatest police in the series has to be from NFS 4 : High Stakes! I love those cops !

i liked the cops in Hot Pursuit 2 & MW...

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven

Lot of people complain about no damage modelling in NFS series latest game. The simple reason being that the major car manufacturers dont allow them to show damage modelling. If NFS has to have actual licenced cars, they will have to do away with any kind of damage modelling. Besides, the racer scene is highly illegal and car companies typically want to distance themselves from such illegal activities. Thats the other reason why NFS finds it difficult to incoporate real-time damage modelling.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Well ctrl_alt_del, i dont think thats/\/\ the REASON, why NFS games(latest) dont Incorporate REAL-TIME DAMAGE Modelling.

Its because of the game's SCRIPT (gameplay).

EA actually pays a LOT to the Manufacturers to feature their car in the NFS Games.
So every single title of NFS has LICENCED cars.

What you've pointed out "The simple reason being that the major car manufacturers dont allow them to show damage modelling.", is completely WRONG. Take Colin McRae 04 & 05, that game features Licensed Rally Cars & has the BEST DAMAGE Physics (even the "rear-view mirrors" , Mud flaps breakaway).
NFS :pU is also a good example.

Just imagine, if NFS MW had the Damage Physics, what a hell would it be to complete the game.

----------------------------------------------------------EDITED word
__________________________________________________ \/ \/
SUV's Ramming u head-on...... the car along with us will be TOASTED at the spot.

& take NFS: Porsche, it didn't have a story line, so the damage physics went good with the game.

well i agree with you for this Besides, the racer scene is highly illegal and car companies typically want to distance themselves from such illegal activities.. i guess thats why FERRARI did'nt make to NFS MW & NFS Carbon.

EA should bring a NFS Title, with a really good story line, DAMAGE Physics (like that of NFS: PU), Day & Night feature (like GTA).
All these should blend WELL.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

damn u guys are so demanding .... if u want the night drive with real damage physics ... (the best 1) ..... take a car drive after 11pm ..... for night drivers ... for day drivers .... i dont need to tell u the time ..... real damage real time .... hav fun ... drive safely

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven

Agreed that Colin McRae features licenced cars with full damage modelling. But you are forgetting that the cars supplied by manufacturers for Rally races are custom built for them. They have elaborate safety devices, roll cages and crumple zones that enable the cars to handle the kind of treatment that is meted out to them in rally circuits.

However, in case of the NFS series, the car featured are the stock cars without any kind of additional safety devices save for the ones that come in built. There are no roll-cages, are they? Drivers dont wear helmets, do they? Besides, say whatever, the whole NFS series is about over speeding, avoiding regular traffic and evading cops. All this doesnt really go down well with the car manufacturers. Any real depiction of damage modelling will not go down well with these guys. So damage modelling is absent in such games.

As for dying in the game, thats called realism isint it? If one calls for damage modelling, thats obviously because one wants realistic car behaviour. And with reaslisim comes the risk, of loosing ones life, or in this case, the game. Porsche Unleashed had damage modelling and in case you trashed the car beyond repair, there were hardly any chances that you would be in the top three, so competing the game goes bye-bye. Calling for features like damage modelling that are a part of realism and still not wanting to let go of the games arcadeish elements wont do. Either you go the whole hog like complete sim GTR or be confined to an aracde racer.

Last edited:

NikhilVerma

Padawan

I don't really think they made any improements in the graphics just by watching that 100 meg video which btw could have been much better compressed ... Except the fog thing I don't really see any difference. Maybe some other video has something better to show... hope that one is compressed better than this ... sucha waste of bandwidth

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

@ctrl_alt_del dude, you misunderstood what i was tryin to say. I didnt mean really DIE, but an expression that "we're toasted" :D :D :D (sorry, i should have used this word before)

Well i still say the "No Damage Physics" in the NFS game is all b'coz of EA's stupid GAME SCRIPT & not the Manufacturers.
the manufacturers may back-down when the game involves cop chases. (like Ferrari)

EA should give us a option of SELECTING the GAMEPLAY MODE, in the game itself, for playing the game in ARCADE style Driving Physics or SIMULATION Style.
This'll definetly SATISFY both kind of Gamers. (Arcade style lovers & Simulation style lovers (like me).

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

NFS CARBON DEMO UPDATE==

"After recaping the demo release date it has been made clear that its not gonna be the 3rd of september but more likley towards the end of september. The dowload will still be available from this site under the demo section of NFS Carbon. Well, not great news!"

source=== *www.speednation.43i.net/

delivi

Broken In

I long a long to get my hand dirty on NFS Carbon.
Hai friends please make sure to make digit include the demo of NFS Carbon as soon as it is made available.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-

I would love to see damage modeling in NFS.

BTW u guys are talking abt it like u r some hot shot corporates in multimillion dollar deals. Damn where do u get all that info???

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

I saw a nfs carbon(psp) video, the race they showed was in evening time, not night. So may be all versions have day/night races instead on only night ones.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

check out the BOX Art of NFS Carbon here *www.nfsunlimited.net/ & the PS2 Demo info here *forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=12104&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

some info-- "For those who are still playing NFSU or NFSU2 drift mode, FORGET it, because this one is TOTALLY different...you just wont get any good points if you arent at least above 80 mph."

THE PS2 DEMO is OUT on the internet

here's the LINK. *rapidshare.de/files/31392638/Nfs_Carbon_Demo.rar
*nd4spd.ws/uploads/files/NFSC_PS2_Demo.rar
*www.megaupload.com/?d=TN3I2TI0

its in ISO format.
Guys someone burn it to a DVD & play & tell us how's it.

Last edited:

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --

When is the pc demo coming out ?? And someone plz try and tell how is the PS2 demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom