Need For Speed: Carbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
I have Need For Speed Most Wanted , after that which version came.

Is Need For Speed: Carbon released
ok i just found this game is released , but when it was released
how to get this game.

i can run Need For Speed Most Wanted without graphics card
can i run Need For Speed: Carbon without graphics card,
I have 3.00 GHZ And 2 GB Ram in my computer

ALSO have digit released the demo on cd or DVD if yes please tell in which month, thanks

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
=>NFS Carbon (nfs10) is the next release after Most Wanted (nfs9).

=>NFS Carbon was released on 6th Nov. in India.
=>You can get it at "PlanetM, Landmark...."
=>NFS Carbon might not run on your system. b'coz its too gfx. hog, when compared with MW.
=>the DEMO came out on 27th Oct., so maybe Digit will provide in Dec. Issue.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
What is the price of Carbon in India? Will it run properly on my machine with the configuration:

AMD Athlon64 Venice 3000+ @2.42GHz on stock cooler,
Gigabyte K8N51GMF-9 (nvidia nforce 430+6100 chipset),
Transcend 2x512MB DDR 400,
Creative Live! 24-bit sound card,
2x160GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 sata2 hdd's raided.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Its priced around Rs.2000

Dont know man, because EA hasen't stated anything about the Game Supporting Onboard Gfx. Cards.
So try out the DEMO. if that buggy Demo can run in your PC, then the Full Version Game will definitely run.
Warning:: Even though the game runs on some onboard gfx., it crashes randomly

For All users
Please post NFS Carbon Requirement Issue Here nfs carbon requirements thread

Cub3noid

Broken In
Here is the minimum requirement for the game
It will not work without a graphics card

Operating System: Windows 2000/XP (64-bit versions are not compatible)
Processor: 1.4 GHz
Memory: 256 MB RAM
Hard Drive: 4.7 GB for CD/DVD versions / 11 GB for EA Downloader version (5GB for download, 6GB for install)

Optical Drive: 8x DVD drive (Europe) / CD drive (North America) The Collector's Edition only comes in PC-DVD format and requires a DVD drive

Video Card: A video card with 64 MB memory and one of these chipsets is required: NVIDIA GeForce3 / NVIDIA GeForce4 (Ti series only) / ATI Radeon 8500. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Online Multiplayer: 512 Kbps connection; 2-8 Players
Input: Keyboard, Mouse
Optional: USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analogue Gamepad

navino87

In the zone
This game is really awesome.... I hav completed 50% in the career mode... i am playing if often even though i am having my sem exam :) :) :)

I vote 101% for this game...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
My friend got the game today, the use of depth of field in cutscenes is impressive , too much motion blur while racing is dissapointing. Motion blur starts even on low speeds. I just played two quick races , will post my experience with the game soon.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
arrgh.. again failed to reach the 7 lakh mark by just a bit.. this is my 3rd blunder .. :x

Anyways, here's my near 7 Lakh score.. got extremely fed up 2 day coz plyd the demo drift about 2 hrs conti...

*img131.imageshack.us/img131/2657/nfscdemo200611101841566ip8.th.jpg

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Question: how can u get this game?
Answer: buy it or wait for digit to publish the demo in their dvd

navino87

In the zone
I had a problem with my comp n i hav done system restore... now nfsc cannot load my profile... it gives an error msg unable to load... please help me out... i hav completed 50% of my game...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Maybe your save game got Corrupted. or MAybe the CD key in your save game does not match with that of the game. (just a guess).

try Hex Editing. (select a server) to put the CD key in again. read below for "how to"

from=>NFSPLANET=> "There are some problems with the savegames of Need for Speed Carbon. Actually every savegame contains the CD-Key of the game which created the file, which is quite a security risk and also a reason why we haven't put any savegames online yet.

If you want to know more: If you open a savegame with a hex-editor you can find a 20 characters between the hex-offset 0000003c and 00000050 which is the CD key.
To use foreign savegames you either have to replace this code, or update the cd key of your NFS Carbon to match with the one in the savegame file.. Both not a good solution, but maybe EA will fill this security hole with a patch."

Please make sure you never send out your very own NFS Carbon Savegame to anyone as the file contains your private CDKey, which maybe abused by others!

Hex Tutorial=> by nfsunlimited.net member "blah2"

"Any savegame with any cd-key can be hexed. Let's say you downloaded a 100% career savegame, you copy it to My Documents/NFS Carbon, start the game and bang, you get an error message. This can be solved pretty easy.

Method 1

Download "Hex Editor" (search it on google) and open the savegame which you downloaded. On the right you will see a pannel just like this:

(this image below is using a pirated cd-key and a new profile, just for example)
*img207.imageshack.us/img207/2764/hexpw9.th.jpg
You will see some similar writing on the downloaded savegame. Count from right to left 20 characters. That's the cd-key. Write it down or copy it somewhere. Then go to ...\Need for Speed Carbon\Support\Need for Speed Carbon_code. Open it and enter the cd-key which you've just written down. Beware! Write your own original cd-key or keep it somewhere so you can go and change it back when you want to play on your profile. Now copy the folder with the savegame into My Documents\NFS Carbon and look if the folder is named like this: A<nick> and the savegame file A<nick>,
where <nick> is the nickname. Hope it was helpful.

Method 2

I haven't tested this yet, and it may not work. Follow method 1 until you have to write down the cd-key from the savegame. Now open your own savegame with Hex Editor and copy your cd-key (beware of 20 characters), then paste it over the downloaded savegame's cd-key (be sure you pasted it exactly over the 20 characters).
Save the file. Copy it to My Documents\NFS Carbon and play."

Last edited:

navino87

In the zone
s18000rpm said:
Maybe your save game got Corrupted. or MAybe the CD key in your save game does not match with that of the game. (just a guess).

try Hex Editing. (select a server) to put the CD key in again. read below for "how to"

from=>NFSPLANET=> "There are some problems with the savegames of Need for Speed Carbon. Actually every savegame contains the CD-Key of the game which created the file, which is quite a security risk and also a reason why we haven't put any savegames online yet.

If you want to know more: If you open a savegame with a hex-editor you can find a 20 characters between the hex-offset 0000003c and 00000050 which is the CD key.
To use foreign savegames you either have to replace this code, or update the cd key of your NFS Carbon to match with the one in the savegame file.. Both not a good solution, but maybe EA will fill this security hole with a patch."

Please make sure you never send out your very own NFS Carbon Savegame to anyone as the file contains your private CDKey, which maybe abused by others!

Hex Tutorial=> by nfsunlimited.net member "blah2"

"Any savegame with any cd-key can be hexed. Let's say you downloaded a 100% career savegame, you copy it to My Documents/NFS Carbon, start the game and bang, you get an error message. This can be solved pretty easy.

Method 1

Download "Hex Editor" (search it on google) and open the savegame which you downloaded. On the right you will see a pannel just like this:

(this image below is using a pirated cd-key and a new profile, just for example)
*img207.imageshack.us/img207/2764/hexpw9.th.jpg
You will see some similar writing on the downloaded savegame. Count from right to left 20 characters. That's the cd-key. Write it down or copy it somewhere. Then go to ...\Need for Speed Carbon\Support\Need for Speed Carbon_code. Open it and enter the cd-key which you've just written down. Beware! Write your own original cd-key or keep it somewhere so you can go and change it back when you want to play on your profile. Now copy the folder with the savegame into My Documents\NFS Carbon and look if the folder is named like this: A<nick> and the savegame file A<nick>,
where <nick> is the nickname. Hope it was helpful.

Method 2

I haven't tested this yet, and it may not work. Follow method 1 until you have to write down the cd-key from the savegame. Now open your own savegame with Hex Editor and copy your cd-key (beware of 20 characters), then paste it over the downloaded savegame's cd-key (be sure you pasted it exactly over the 20 characters).
Save the file. Copy it to My Documents\NFS Carbon and play."

Thanks a lot man... This has helped me... I have used method1... method2 doesn't seams to work...

navino87

In the zone
yes, of course ....

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Re: Need For Speed: Carbon, next in the NFS Series

^^
s18000rpm said:
Cheats for Need For Speed Carbon PC Full
Type these codes when on "PRESS ANY KEY" or "CLICK TO CONTINUE" screen

inthezoneskin - unlocks Autozone Vinyl
syntecskin- unlocks Castrol Syntec Vinyl
5grand5grand - unlocks Castrol Cash
shinycarsarethebestcars - unlocks Chrome Cars
cooperlogofreeforyou - unlocks Cooper Tire Logo
chasingmobile - unlocks Corvette Z06 Interceptor for the quick race
guesswhoisback - unlocks Cross Corvette Z06 for the quick race
trashtalking - unlocks Rhino for the quick race
bigredfiredrive - unlocks Fire Truck for the quick race
friendlyheadlocksapplied - gives you infinite speedbreaker
nosforeverever - gives you infinite nitrous
slowitdownwhenyouwant - gives you better brakes
speed3foryou - unlocks Mazda Speed3 for the quick race
lotsoffreelogos - unlocks Need for Speed Carbon Logo Vinyls
lotsoffreevinyls - unlocks Need for Speed Carbon Special Logo
watchoutthebigtruckishere - unlocks Dump Truck for the quick race
pharrellvinylgogo - unlocks Pharrell Vinyl
chasingheadlocksappliedrashtalk - unlocks Mazda Dealership
canyonalltheway - unlocks all tracks

Cheats for Need For Speed Carbon PC Demo
Type these codes when on "PRESS ANY KEY" or "CLICK TO CONTINUE" screen
givemethedb9 - Get an Aston Martin DB9
givemethechargersrt8 - Get a Dodge Charger SRT8
canyonalltheway - Enable Canyon race

Source- nfszone

WARNING:: Please make sure you never send out your very own NFS Carbon Savegame to anyone as the file contains your private CDKey, which maybe abused by others!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I played the game an i am not very impressed nither excited playing it . Its just an below avg NFS game. The game looks pretty but sometime i don't even care to notice the level design as its too nfsu2 ish. Atleast Most Wanted had noticable levels. All this darkenss and neon is so repetative and takes out the novelty of the game. One thing that stands out the the vehicle cutomization , it's the best yet in the nfs series. I hate the motion blur in this game , starts even on low speeds and then the whole race is completed in motion blur. Anyone else buying the game should try out the demo first.
After playing the game for an hour , all i can say is that NFS:Underground is wayy better than NFSU2,NFSMW and carbon.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
tarey_g said:
Anyone else buying the game should try out the demo first.
:D:D and yeah i agree with u tht nfs ug1 was awesome bt at the same time i did enjoy MW but at 1 time got bored of the cops

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom