Need For Speed: Carbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Re: Need For Speed: Carbon, next in the NFS Series

wow guys the amazing affect of piracy...

there are abt 25000+ peers in one of the torrents i saw on the web..

and considering the price of NFS Carbon at 30$ (lowest at amazon)

the amt = 25000 x 30 = 750,000$ x 45 = Rs 3,37,50,000 /- WOW!!!!

and this is the money loss of an instance and only of one torrent.. consider the profit leak over all..
must be near 100mil easy!!!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Re: Need For Speed: Carbon, next in the NFS Series

Rollercoaster said:
wow guys the amazing affect of piracy...

there are abt 25000+ peers in one of the torrents i saw on the web..

and considering the price of NFS Carbon at 30$ (lowest at amazon)

the amt = 25000 x 30 = 750,000$ x 45 = Rs 3,37,50,000 /- WOW!!!!

and this is the money loss of an instance and only of one torrent.. consider the profit leak over all..
must be near 100mil easy!!!

It's not like this, the loss is not so big man. Out of these number of people not everyone was going to buy the game (95-98% my guess). If the game was not available do u think everyone downloading wud have bought the game ? NO. Piracy is affecting the game companies but not that much as u r predicting or not much as the publishers shout about. If these companies were not making money out of games the wud have stoped making them already. The figures that the companies/RIAA/MPAA make are not what is really happening. Most of the pirates are kids whose parents are not willing or are not able to pay for the costly softwares, so considering that these ppl wud never get to play game if there was no piracy, also kills the possibility of the potential customers of the next installments of the game.
They are loosing money , no doubt. But this is what keeps the balance, or MS today would have become even bigger giant corp hard to imagine then it's today , and it certainly sounds bad. World is balanced , good things come with the bad ones.

Last edited:

Cub3noid

Broken In
I have checked most of the places in Bangalore (landmark in forum, brigade road and even national market) its still not yet arrived.
My guess is it will take a couple of weeks more for it come

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
@tarey_g
i agree man. that is the point i put up at one of the discussions abt pirecy :)
i was purposfully making an exagerated note at nfx carbon's pirecy.

i think that is the main reason these companies dont actually fight pirecy so bad. cause pirated software have a side effect in essence of being a very direct approch at advertisment. so many peopel must be buying the game after trying the full and for multiplayer ofcourse :)

Third Eye

gooby pls
The price of Need for speed carbon from ebay is Rs. 2,199.00 (Not sure this is exact price)

Other games of the same title is Rs 49 :shock:

See yourself here

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Ofcourse its Cracked/Pirated.

c'mon guys, Even today, the 6 year old NFS Porsche is priced at 500-600 bucks. (original one).

gr8usr

Broken In
I installed the game yesterday but it wont show no graphics...i mean there is a garbled display...no help on the net for these disp problems as yet...
Has anyone else faced this prob?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
/\/\ you mean like these
*img91.imageshack.us/img91/3908/wtfnfsc2tu9.th.jpg :D *img154.imageshack.us/img154/5829/59c48aa92ezc8.th.jpg

Give us some details about your PC, (its config.)

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
go with a little speed and for even small turns leave the front button and press the left or right button. then again press front button after the turn..

Cub3noid

Broken In
W i d e S c r e e N said:
how to drift?
How to Drift?

Accelerate as much as u can (get the maximum speed bonus)
Higher the speed the faster u score points.
Here are my points in a single section in demo game (I’m waiting to get the full version)
Check the Speed in that it’s Max
*img293.imageshack.us/img293/7407/driftinterql8.th.jpg

Swing the car (Dope Driving) till u get maximum combo points (1x, 2x …)
Make sure u don’t loose to much speed (good thing u got NOS in NFS carbon in Drift makes it easier to score high points)

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
thx for the advice man..

i LOVE Carbon nice drifts, wide roads, better cars, better babes...
but the low frame rates hurt the eyes

hopefully there will be a patch soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom