Need cpu @ 6.5k

Hi guys,

i currently have athlon x2 260..i am planning to buy a new processor for gaming. . .my budget is maximum 6.5k. . .i will oc or unlock cores if needed. . .just want to make sure it is good enough for four years.
help out guys!

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi guys,

i currently have athlon x2 260..i am planning to buy a new processor for gaming. . .my budget is maximum 6.5k. . .i will oc or unlock cores if needed. . .just want to make sure it is good enough for four years.
help out guys!

Kindly fill the following questionare:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

Naxal

Little Kid
As per your signature it seems you are with Gigabyte GA-ma78lmt-S2P motherboard. With BIOS update it should be supporting the 32nm AM3+ processors meaning, giving you the changce to upgrade to AMD FX platform.

Try the AMD FX4100, AMD 3.6 GHz AM3 FX4100 Processor - AMD: Flipkart.com should be within your price range.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Do not get fx 4100.it not good for gaming.even intel g63
0 beats fx 4100 in gaming

Do not get fx 4100.it not good for gaming.even intel g630 beats fx 4100 in gaming

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
I have heard dat fx4100 is not good for gaming. . .so any other suggestions?
and yes,i have that mobo. . .it supports am3+. .

Naxal

Little Kid
As of now, in that price of 6.5k, either settle for FX4100 or as its said, wait till the FX4300 gets available !!

Cilus

laborare est orare
Wait for FX-4300 to be released in India. But if it will not be made available within January, you can opt for FX-4100. It is okay for gaming, if not best. BTW, you should mention at what resolution you're planning to play games.

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
I will be playing at 1024 *768 as of now. . .will change the monitor later.

how is phenom x2 555Be? it can be unlocked to x4. . .

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ fx4300 is still not available mate. You also cannot get phenom 2 x4 or athlon x4 as they are EOL.

Wait for fx 4300/6300. That will be the best thing to do imo.

Rajat Giri

Journeyman
You Can Get AMD Phenom X6 1075t @ 7.4k
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Thuban 3.0GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT75TFBGRBOX

Cilus

laborare est orare
Although the Motherboard will support the CPU but it is not recommended to use a 125W CPU with that Motherboard. It comes with 4+1 VRM design and with a 125W CPU, the overclocking is a strict no.

Another thing, the version of your Motherboard is Rev 3.1 as I can remember suggesting you that. But officially Rev 3.1 version only support Bulldozer CPUs, not the Piledriver one. There is a new Rev 5.0 version available with Piledriver (FX 4300, 6300, 8320) support. So 1075T is your best choice till now. Let me check in some other tech forums if anybody is using FX-4300 with your Motherboard without issues. You also do that...if the rev 3.1 motherboard supporting 4300.

Top Bottom