Need comments on proposed first half of the 100K build

CentaurDream

Broken In
Hello..
I started my research for getting a new pc a couple of months ago, and this is the rig i am planning to get..( This is the first phase of the build. Monitor,GPU,Cooler later)

CPU- Intel Core i5 3570K
Intel 3.4 GHz FCLGA1155 Core i5 3570K Processor | Processor | Flipkart.com

Motherboard- Asus P8Z77-V Pro
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

Ram- G.Skill RipjawsX 8 GB (2 x 4 GB)
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL) | Ram | Flipkart.com

PSU- Seasonic S12II 620 Watts
Seasonic S12II 620 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com

SSD- Crucial M4 256 GB
Crucial m4 SSD | 256GB SSD | SSD Drive | Best SSD

Case- NZXT Phantom 410 Special Edition
( Could not find anyone in India selling it..Help here? )

The template-

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Main rig. For Development,Gaming,Browsing,Movies..
Applications- Visual Studio,Adobe Dreamweaver,Eclipse,sometimes Photoshop..
Games- GTA 5,Assassins Creed 3,Watch Dogs,BF3, Diablo 3,Max Payne 3.....

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: The first phase containing all the components i have mentioned,costs almost 65k. Cant go beyond that now.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes..But not more than 4.2 GHz. Not now anyways..

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 and Linux dual boot

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: None. I already have 3 HDDs with total 2.75 TB..Will get a 256 GB SSD as mentioned above, for OS.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Not now. Will use my Viewsonic 19" 1440X900 for a couple of months atleast.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor,GPU (Currently have an HD 5670),keyboard,mouse,speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Probably this month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Building myself for the first time.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mangalore. Going to buy from Flipkart and SSD from Prime.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am going to get a Monitor,GPU,Cooler,Gaming mouse and keyboard later this year or early next year,bringing the total cost of the rig to a little over 100k. But right now,i need your comments on my proposed rig. Although i have spent a fair amount of time on research, i am still open to new ideas..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
100K build without I7-2600K or I7-3770K?
Neah!
And you are going to need a CPU cooler immediately after buying processor.

acewin

Point Blanc
what is the budget allocation for now. 100K for only 1st phase or what. You can fit quiet a lot in 100K

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
2600K is not gonna do it, as i want an Ivy. And 3770K costs 5k extra. Is it really worth it for me? I don't think so. Please give your input on this..
About the cooler, why can't i wait for a couple of months?

what is the budget allocation for now. 100K for only 1st phase or what. You can fit quiet a lot in 100K

100K is the total budget. The first phase costs almost 65k (for the components i have listed).

acewin

Point Blanc
CPU Core i5 3570K 15,000
Motherboard Asus Maximus V Gene 15,000
RAM G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1600MHz 3,400
Graphics Card Sapphire HD 7950 OC Edition 25,000
PSU Corsair TX650v2 6,000
Cabinet Corsair 400R 5,500
HDD WD Blue WD10EALX 1TB 5,000
SSD Corsair Force 3 60GB 5,000
Monitor BenQ G2420HD 10,000
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B5ST 1,000
Keyboard Razer Arctosa 2,300
Mouse Razer DeathAdder 3500DPI 2,300
CPU Cooler CM Hyper 212 Evo 2,000
Speaker JBL Creature III 2.1 5,000

This is one config which I found out totalling Total 102,500 now u are saving up decently by removing HDDs and keeping to core i5

yochan

Broken In
change

motherbord to asrock z77extreme6 12000rs

graphic card to gtx 670 29000rs

monitor to benq gw2450hm 12000rs

ssd to 120gb corsair force 3 its just 5990rs

hdd to wd caviar green 2tb 6000rs

cabinet corsair 400rs is good but nzxt phantom 410 for 6000rs is better bang for buck!!

all prices... ctc hyderabad....u will get it cheaper in mumbai or Bangalore

acewin

Point Blanc
Starting with cabinet Buy NZXT in India | NZXT Phantom Crafted Series Cabinet
in case you do not find 410 special edition, phantom full tower cabinet is still there. Better choice as it gives more room. (+2K in above price)
Motherboard v-Pro would cost again +2K~ (~ means approx)
PSU choice is good corsair TX650v2 or Seasonic S12II 620
HDD removed (-5K)
monitor removed
Optical burner is fine
For cooler will suggest Noctua D14 over 212 Evo
Speakers, keyboard and mouse can be removed changed as per your wish. other option for keyboard mouse is G105 logitech keyboard and G300 mouse - am using it and prefer its design over G400.

yochan

Broken In
all items on internet are overpriced check out ur local computer market....our local guys r selling corsair force 120gb for 5500rs where as internet still 7000rs

also better opt for liquid cooling like corsair h60 because ivybridge overcloack temps are higher than sandybridge ...but ivybridge uses less power and is more stable n faster

acewin

Point Blanc
410 ?? how is it better than full phantom throw some light, full phantom in just 1K extra provides more side and top fans, and a big side fan is very good advantage

in the end it is personal preference

and yep water cooling is THE option with the money saved. corsair H60 being first choice

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
Why Ivy against 2600k ?

Many reasons.
Native PCIe 3.0, native USB 3.0, better core performance, better power efficiency..
Downside is heat dissipation,because Intel cheaped out on the TIM.
And Haswell is coming soon,so i don't want to be back by two generations :)

change

motherbord to asrock z77extreme6 12000rs

graphic card to gtx 670 29000rs

monitor to benq gw2450hm 12000rs

ssd to 120gb corsair force 3 its just 5990rs

hdd to wd caviar green 2tb 6000rs

cabinet corsair 400rs is good but nzxt phantom 410 for 6000rs is better bang for buck!!

all prices... ctc hyderabad....u will get it cheaper in mumbai or Bangalore

I will get monitor and Graphics Card later. So no worry about them right now.

I am set on the Crucial M4. Sandforce is a big no no

No need for HDD.

Starting with cabinet Buy NZXT in India | NZXT Phantom Crafted Series Cabinet
in case you do not find 410 special edition, phantom full tower cabinet is still there. Better choice as it gives more room. (+2K in above price)
Motherboard v-Pro would cost again +2K~ (~ means approx)
PSU choice is good corsair TX650v2 or Seasonic S12II 620
HDD removed (-5K)
monitor removed
Optical burner is fine
For cooler will suggest Noctua D14 over 212 Evo
Speakers, keyboard and mouse can be removed changed as per your wish. other option for keyboard mouse is G105 logitech keyboard and G300 mouse - am using it and prefer its design over G400.

Can you tell me if the Phantom full tower special edition is available in India?

Also do i really need to get the cooler along with the CPU, or can i wait?

removing mouse keyboard and speakers gives you enough room for keeping core i7

Please elaborate..
The rig i have posted, does not include keyboard and speakers, and still costs 65k.
all items on internet are overpriced check out ur local computer market....our local guys r selling corsair force 120gb for 5500rs where as internet still 7000rs
also better opt for liquid cooling like corsair h60 because ivybridge overcloack temps are higher than sandybridge ...but ivybridge uses less power and is more stable n faster

Many of our local guys have never heard about an SSD before. And those who do,have never sold one.
Gotta go online. No other choice.

M4 + blue.

No need of an HDD for me.

yochan

Broken In
410 ?? how is it better than full phantom throw some light, full phantom in just 1K extra provides more side and top fans, and a big side fan is very good advantage

in the end it is personal preference

and yep water cooling is THE option with the money saved. corsair H60 being first choice

Well TomsHardware says 410 has better airflow to the components and has better structure than the big one...they did a review on phantom 410 check it out

if u buy corsair h60 along with cpu n mother bord it will save u the hassle of changing it latter...intel cpu fan is a pain in the ass to remove ...i have i5 3450 n it was real pain...may be because we r too careful n scared that something will go wrong which might!

if u buy corsair h60 along with cpu n mother bord it will save u the hassle of changing it latter...intel cpu fan is a pain in the ass to remove ...i have i5 3450 n it was real pain...may be because we r too careful n scared that something will go wrong which might!

if u want performance then buy the samsung ssd its the fastest n available for 8900rs ...but personally i dont see much of a difference between force 3 n samsung 830.game load times r the same.

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
Well TomsHardware says 410 has better airflow to the components and has better structure than the big one...they did a review on phantom 410 check it out

if u want performance then buy the samsung ssd its the fastest n available for 8900rs ...but personally i dont see much of a difference between force 3 n samsung 830.game load times r the same.

I had not given much thought about the cooler so far. Now i am thinking of getting one along with the CPU and Mobo.
I am skeptical about water cooling, as i don't have much experience. Also i think the H60 fan is loud. My no.1 priority is silence.
Please fill me in on this..

Samsung 830 is great,i agree. But it is also expensive and i could not find the 256 GB model anywhere.
It's not just about the game load times. I need a reliable drive. And i don't trust Sandforce drives. I know many of its issues have been resolved by firmware updates. But the bad reputation does not go off easily..Also the Force 3 is has asynchronous NAND..It is not even in the same league as the Samsung 830 or Crucial m4..

yochan

Broken In
I had not given much thought about the cooler so far. Now i am thinking of getting one along with the CPU and Mobo.
I am skeptical about water cooling, as i don't have much experience. Also i think the H60 fan is loud. My no.1 priority is silence.
Please fill me in on this..

Samsung 830 is great,i agree. But it is also expensive and i could not find the 256 GB model anywhere.
It's not just about the game load times. I need a reliable drive. And i don't trust Sandforce drives. I know many of its issues have been resolved by firmware updates. But the bad reputation does not go off easily..Also the Force 3 is has asynchronous NAND..It is not even in the same league as the Samsung 830 or Crucial m4..

i dont know how silent h60 fans are but i think they are 19dB...u change the fans if u want. my first ssd was force3 then i got mushkin chronos 120gb....i dint get any problems what so ever till now n i dint upgrade any firmware..i dont even know how to do it

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
i dont know how silent h60 fans are but i think they are 19dB...u change the fans if u want. my first ssd was force3 then i got mushkin chronos 120gb....i dint get any problems what so ever till now n i dint upgrade any firmware..i dont even know how to do it

Nah. h60 is not 19dB, that would be the Noctua NH-D14..

As for the SSD, not everyone is as lucky as you :p

Is the Seasonic S12II 620 Watts enough if i want to get a GTX 670?
Or do i need to get something else?

Also if anyone knows about,or has personal experience with the Corsair Hydro series,please comment..

acewin

Point Blanc
I do not have any personal experience in any of the stuff I recommended :p. Corsair Hydro H60 is good as per the reviews and comments of board members who have used it.
and water cooling is the best option.

@yohan, 410 has better air-flow management, fine but once you fill up full phantom with fans :p it will come out better. 410 is better in stock not in after additions. And yeah you are suggesting water cooling, which means more the space better the setup.

Top Bottom