Need comments on proposed first half of the 100K build

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
and yeah corsair HX750 is better choice, I do not know the series names that is why could not tell exactly. I knew there was corsair modular PSU priced less which one was it putting the link as conQueror suggested
Corsair CMPSU-750HXUK 750 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com

Is this the same one as the one in your link?
Buy Corsair HX 750 PSU Online | India

Why is the one in Flipkart called HXUK?

And how can HX750 be available at 6.8K when HX650 costs 7k?
Corsair HX650 650 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com

What am i missing here?

acewin

Point Blanc
Corsair 750W HX CMPSU-750HXUK ATX, EPS12V, 80Plus Silver Modular [CMPSU-750HXUK] from Overclock.co.uk

do not knw my friend, that is why I say stupid flipkart.
For instance, 8 GB DDR3 single chip were not available in india when I asked my friend to bring them for me. oneand half month later I see 8GB chips listed on flipkart for 2.2K, I asked a friend who was looking to increase RAM quantity to place an order he did not, and a week later they corrected the price to make it as 4.4K

UK means UK version, 50HX and 750HXUK have any difference I do not know

part number for 650HX is also Part Number: CMPSU-650HXUK

place an order before they do anything wrong. Damn !! :D

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Thank you :)
Most likely getting a 3770K.
But research is still going on about the Cooler and PSU.

Hey folks..
I am thinking of going for this PSU-

Seasonic X Series - 80 Plus Gold SS-850KM 850 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com

or this
Seasonic X Series - 80 Plus Gold SS-760KM 760 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com

I liked the Seasonic s12ii 620 watts psu, but it is not modular. And after browsing around the net, i thought i want modular too.
But modular 600 watts PSUs do not come in less than 7K, as far as i have seen.
Now i thought, i may want to go for SLI, a couple of years down the line..And if i am gonna pay 7K for 600W, why not pay 10K and get a 760 or 850 gold rated PSU, and i am ready for SLI too..

Now there are 2 options for me.
1. Go for s12ii 620W
2. Go for one of the above mentioned units

I need suggestions here..

Umm, don't buy Seasonic for the time being. I'm not saying that these PSUs are bad, but they are actually very good.
AFAIK, Seasonic X series PSUs are the OEM of corsair HX series PSUs. The bad point is the questionable RMA tactics and most importantly nobody knows the future of Seasonic. Cause, they have been around in India for long, and kind of on & off company, changing distri often and thereby creating problem during RMA. Now, Corsair have the one of the best RMA policies in India, and you will get 7 years of warranty with Corsair which is 2 years more than what you will get with Seasonic. So, why not Corsair?

Talking about models, Look into HX650, HX750 or HX850, depending on your config, need and above all, budget.

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In

BTW,
Compare Corsair HX 750W Power Supply (CMPSU-750HXUK) vs. Corsair HX750 - power supply - 750 Watt (CP9020031EU) 750-Watt - Shopping.com

750HXUK and HX750 are different,apparently..The former is cheaper too.
No idea what makes it cheaper though.
Flipkart guy told me that he will get back to me tomorrow, as they do not have that information right now..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Forget about those difference. You are in India and you are going to get only one model, which is: CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

About the difference stated by you, the only difference is the shape of socket and difference in tax of different regions, nothing more.

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
^^ Forget about those difference. You are in India and you are going to get only one model, which is: CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

About the difference stated by you, the only difference is the shape of socket and difference in tax of different regions, nothing more.

Then what about this?
Corsair CMPSU-750HXUK 750 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com

acewin

Point Blanc
buy it if you are getting it, in the stated price by Flipkart. Right now it is out of stock and you will need to wait till it come in stock

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
Well, i am exchanging emails with Flipkart about the differences.
I will update the status here later..

if your system is mainly for gaming ...
then 3570K is enough for you... cause games cannot utilize even 3 cores now a days so quard core will be enough...
but if you are going to use heavy image and video editing or conversion then go with 3770k cause then you can enjoy HT....
and if you are only going to overclock @4.2Ghz ivy bridge is better choice...
cause at this point cpu won't yield that much heat and will give performance of 4.4-4.5GHz SB cause IB is a little faster per clock then SB due to die shrink...
and for cooler you can have cm hyper 212 evo (i'm using it and currently running my cpu @ 4.2 stable )

best of luck for the rig...
happy gaming...

How is the noise from 212 evo? If you can rate the noise level on a scale of 10, where 10 is the sound of a turbine, how would you rate it?

Also, why did you choose evo instead of plus?

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
This was Flipkart's reply-

We would like to inform you that both are modular.The price difference is just because both have variance in voltage and current output.

acewin

Point Blanc
whatever buy it, it does not matter what they say, whole specs is same for both
because whatever they say if you check 650W HX model you will find that too is UK model. and yet the price difference.
Beside if you want to know the difference you should contact Corsair support and not Flipkart.
i do not see any difference in specs, as d6bmg said they are products being sold in different area. I see UK variant EU variant

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
I just purchased hx650 @7000/-from theitwares. :(

Well it is priced at 7000 at Flipkart too..
Does it have 7 year warranty?

A-W-E-S-O-M-E price.
But it is out of stock. Is it? Then how can you order?
Please clarify. Cause, it sounds interesting. :p

Gotta wait until it is in stock again i guess?

I have not decided on the psu yet.
If i want to order it, all i can do is to hope they stock up again :wink:

And i know it is a very low price, but that is exactly what makes me wonder if it has any weakness that makes it cheap :p

Top Bottom