Not open for further replies.

monkey

Padawan
Hey guys I need to buy a mobile for 30K-40K price range. I have selected these:
i-Mate K-Jam (32k)
SE P990 (38k)
O2 (31k)
Treo 650 (31k)
Camera is not priority for me but I need to use organiser function with programs related to office work and should be easy to use.
Nokia is out of question due to its buggiest software (I know hundreds of people with Nokia's software problem, me included. Even Nokia sellers admit to this even with latest N series).

Can anybody help?

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
monkey said:
Hey guys I need to buy a mobile for 30K-40K price range. I have selected these:
i-Mate K-Jam (32k)
SE P990 (38k)
O2 (31k)
Treo 650 (31k)
Camera is not priority for me but I need to use organiser function with programs related to office work and should be easy to use.
Nokia is out of question due to its buggiest software (I know hundreds of people with Nokia's software problem, me included. Even Nokia sellers admit to this even with latest N series).

Can anybody help?
Aren't you telling Trio price little less, of the above k-Jam & O2 are good. which model of O2 you are refering to. I like K-Jam. I dont need to tell you the features n application usage, bcoz I suppose you know them already. O2 XDA Atom in this price range is good bet.. though havnt used this model yet, but going with the features it gr8, & ya having fm is very-very handy when you are travelling. u can get K-Jam for reliability. for options you can try for HP rw6828

Last edited:
OP
M

monkey

Padawan
hey mobilegeek,

I liked O2 and i-mate but I m not sure about there usefulness when u have to operate these mobiles using only one hand. I have to gift this mobile to my brother-in-law who often has to use these mobiles while busy doing other work. I think having to use both hands to operate the mobile might make it frustrating (I have heard that u have to use stylus to do anything on O2 and i-mate). The price of Treo 650 is confirmed from shop in Delhi (Dass Studios, Connaught Place). This includes extra battery, extra stylus and 256 MB SD Card. I have also started liking for Palm OS due to availability of thousands of applications available (its still more than for windows based mobiles). I myself use Palm LifeDrive and know about the applications available.

sarvanan

Broken In
one of my friend bought Zam in for 31300/- last sunday and its superb...you can go for this.....or try for HP product...

alltime.homie

Broken In
You want to go Pro ? Camera isn't priority ? The best solution for you would be the E60 or the E61 on Nokia. They're too damn good and best for what you want. You could also go for the PDA kinds like an O2. But if I were you, I would go for the E61 or the E60....

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Nokias don't interest me anymore. I m sick of its bad software (so what if its feature rich). I had bought 7610, 6630,9500 and 9300 - all as soon as they were launched. And guess what - all had some problem related to software which even Nokia Care couldn't take care off. Now Nokia dealers tell me that latest phones from Nokia r no different - only slightly more buggier.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
monkey
as expected you know the stuff .. just confused on the model to choose..u are right u need two hands to use those..coz of touchscreen.., both are good jam n o2, depends which u like more. try to confirm the o2 model you are getting n what price, then just compare the feaures. u can have a look at ipaq 6828 too.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Thanx mobilegeek,
I find HP to be better placed than O2 or I-mate in terms of usage. I can use it with single hand. 6828 is not available but 6965 is. it also includes GPS. I think i will settle for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom