Need Budget range Processor and Mobo combo for 10K

sureshk

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Ocassional gaming and movies . Games : Fifa , COD , Diablo 3 .

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Total 10 - 12k (for Mobo,Processor,Ram and PSU)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Not req.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No . 1920 x 1080 in future .

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:I need only Mobo , Processor , Ram and PSU (i already have odyssey 450watts will this suffice ? ) .

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:This week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Hyderabad . Open to online shopping.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Planning to take a graphic card in the future.

Cilus

laborare est orare
AT this budget only overclockable processor is Athlon II X2 260 which even after 3.8 GHz overclocking can't beat the Sandybridge based Dual Core G620, available at the same price.

Get the following:-

Intel Sandybridge Dual Core G620 @ 3.3K
Gigabyte H61M-D2H @ 3.1K
Corsair 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.2K
Corsair CX 430 V2 @ 2.3K

Total is 9.9K. Now regarding PSU, if you are not getting any Graphics card then your current local PSU can handle the rig for now but it is always better to have a good and reliable PSU.

OP
S

sureshk

Thanks guys for the replies.
Will my present PSU support the i3 ??? or should i get a new one ?
And which build is future proof ? Amd or intel i3 or sandybridge dual core ?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
If you are not adding any graphics card in your system then the present PSU will run just fine.

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
if overclocking is necessity then you may want to take a look at this

2 X G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 2 GB (1 x 2 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9S-2GBXL) Price: Rs. 961 per stick

Biostar A55ML+ Motherboard Price: Rs. 2950

A8-3870k Price: Rs. 6784
OR
AMD 2.7 GHz FM1 uPGA A6 3670 Processor Price: Rs. 5936

total Rs: 11-12K

OP
S

sureshk

I thought A8-3870k are flop models . Is it better than Phenom 4 955 BE ??
Anyways i already have a Amd system so planning to take a intel based . So I am right now thinking this .

Intel i3 2100 @ 6.1k or 2120 whichever is available.
asus p8h61 m lx @ 3k or Gigabyte H61M-D2H @ 3.1K or ASRock H61M
4 gb value ram @ 1.1k
Total : 10.2k

Can anyone help me in deciding the motherboard ??

For future :
corsair cx430 v2 @ 2.3k

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
Anyways i already have a Amd system so planning to take a intel based . So I am right now thinking this .

Intel i3 2100 @ 6.1k or 2120 whichever is available.
asus p8h61 m lx @ 3k or Gigabyte H61M-D2H @ 3.1K or ASRock H61M
4 gb value ram @ 1.1k
Total : 10.2k

Can anyone help me in deciding the motherboard ??

For future :
corsair cx430 v2 @ 2.3k

cpu part of a8-3870k is based on phenom 2 955's base architecture, thus a8-3870 is like a athlon2 but with more L2 cache and thus it is almost equal to phenom 2 955, but it is much better in power usage/efficiency

ASRock H61M/u3s3 is better as it got usb3 and sata3
3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:YesNO

corrected it for you :twisted:

Cilus

laborare est orare
3870K is never targeted towards performance segment but for a medium htpc built with occasional gaming. But the problem is that Llano is a dead platform as AMD won't be releasing any processors for their FM1 socket, the newer Trinity APU will have an entirely different platform. On the other hand Intel H61/H67 have a very good upgrade path.

So better opt for Pentium G620 @ 3.4K + GT 240 GDDR5 @ 3.5K

Minion

Conversation Architect

Go with A8 3870k you don't need GPU with it, A System with good GPU does provide more performance than Powerful processor alone. :razz:
@2ndly You don't need a GPU in case of A8 3870k If you go intel way you have to invest in a good GPU which will cost you at least 4k to your budget.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
if you go

AMD APU way:
pros:your graphics demands are met .
cons: no APU upgrade in future

Intel way:
pros: good CPU , good upgrade path
cons: crap GPU performance. need to add a decent gfx card to play recent titles.

now choose yourself

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Wait for a month or two for Intel Ivy Bridge i3s, and buy the model of i3 having HD 4000..
There, a good processor with good upgrade path as well as not-so-bad Graphics

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
Wait for a month or two for Intel Ivy Bridge i3s, and buy the model of i3 having HD 4000..
There, a good processor with good upgrade path as well as not-so-bad Graphics

but not to forget it is India so it is hard to find i3-xxx5 and they are not cheap
few months ago, i tried for i3-2105/2125 but nothing was available not even pentium gxxx except 2100,2500k,2600k in Nehru place

Nerevarine

Incarnate
i3-3xxx will be released on 24th june, so it should take 1-2 months max for it to reach india.. As for pricing, i believe it should be priced at around 135$ (i3 with HD 4000 dont remember what it is called).. That should equate to Rs 8000 in india which isnt a bad deal

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^ Actually it would be bad deal, specially considering the present price of FX8120 @9.4K.
Why should anyone buy dual core i3 @8K when they will get superior 8120 just be adding 1.4K in their budget? Not to mention the added overclocking facility.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
i3-3xxx will be released on 24th june, so it should take 1-2 months max for it to reach india.. As for pricing, i believe it should be priced at around 135$ (i3 with HD 4000 dont remember what it is called).. That should equate to Rs 8000 in india which isnt a bad deal

i really doubt it will retail at Rs.8000. it will more likely be sold atleast Rs.9500+

Top Bottom