Need Best Digital Camera for 12k ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
N

neyo

Broken In
How is Sony DSC W220??

yeah....even i wanted to know.....the camera has the exact same specs of w210 except that w220 supports optical image stabilization. i've searched for reviews but being a new model found only previews but no extensive reviews.

it would be great if someone could comment on the image quality (esp in low light conditions) and its price.

sujoyp

Grand Master
man u wont need a tripod for day to day photograph...specially on these kind of cameras...

tripod is only useful in taking landscape pics...
I cant imagine taking a portrait shot with w220 sitting on a tripod

I would suggest rather always keep image stabilizer on ,get a strap to hold camera properly and tightly....and practice:smile:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
uppalpankaj said:
I am really confused between Sony DSC W220 and Canon SX110 IS? Which one shud I take??

Go with Canon SX 110 IS. The ultra 10x zoom you will get is really good & you will surely miss it in Sony. 9MP is good enough to enlarge the photos. I own the Canon SX 100 IS, the predecessor to SX 110 IS which is same to SX 110 IS but has 8 MP with 10x optical zoom as opposed to 9MP with 10x on SX 110IS. I even wrote a exhaustive review on the camera, which you can read here before making the decision. :)

max_demon said:
and whats the cost of tripods ? i think i really have shaky hands (no double meaning intended)

Tripods start from measly Rs.500 and go all the way up in thousands. Offcourse the cheap one's are not sturdy & the material used is also of poor quality. Tripods are mostly useful when taking night shots at higher focal lengths and high shutter speeds.

sujoyp said:
man u wont need a tripod for day to day photograph...specially on these kind of cameras...

tripod is only useful in taking landscape pics...
I cant imagine taking a portrait shot with w220 sitting on a tripod

I would suggest rather always keep image stabilizer on ,get a strap to hold camera properly and tightly....and practice:)

Agree on some points though with tripods you can get ultra sharp images. Optical Image Stabilizer does helps but try taking pics at night at high shutter speeds. Let's see how well you can manage ;)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Agree on some points though with tripods you can get ultra sharp images. Optical Image Stabilizer does helps but try taking pics at night at high shutter speeds. Let's see how well you can manage ;)

I 100% agree to u at this....its too difficult to take night snaps with high shutter speed... ..and a light movement will ruin the pics...I have tried it myself:cool:

but using tripod for normal use is not practical enough...
imagine u want to take ur gf's pic and 1st want to setup ur tripod and then take the pic...see her reaction urself:mrgreen::lol:

Last edited:

Ankit

Journeyman
Hi,
Comparing canon Sx110 IS with Sony W220 is not correct in my view as they belong to different class. W220 is super compact while Sx110 Is not even Pocketable. Technical specs wise Canon wins over sony in all aspects except that sony's Lens has better wide angle capability.
Canon has got better zoom, full manual controls and approximately double the weight.
Both cameras are great. Take your pick.

Last edited:

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Go with Canon SX 110 IS. The ultra 10x zoom you will get is really good & you will surely miss it in Sony. 9MP is good enough to enlarge the photos. I own the Canon SX 100 IS, the predecessor to SX 110 IS which is same to SX 110 IS but has 8 MP with 10x optical zoom as opposed to 9MP with 10x on SX 110IS.

How do the pics come in low light with the Canon SX 110 IS/100 IS?? The 110IS seems really sturdily built but it also is quite bulky 2 carry..The negatives are that it is not pocketable and v don't get a memory card with it. With the Sony w220, a 2 GB card is provided. However the optical zoom in 110IS is a plus.

So I am confused. :confused: :confused:

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Go with Canon SX 110 IS. The ultra 10x zoom you will get is really good & you will surely miss it in Sony. 9MP is good enough to enlarge the photos. I own the Canon SX 100 IS, the predecessor to SX 110 IS which is same to SX 110 IS but has 8 MP with 10x optical zoom as opposed to 9MP with 10x on SX 110IS. I even wrote a exhaustive review on the camera, which you can read here before making the decision. :)

Tripods start from measly Rs.500 and go all the way up in thousands. Offcourse the cheap one's are not sturdy & the material used is also of poor quality. Tripods are mostly useful when taking night shots at higher focal lengths and high shutter speeds.

nice review :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
sujoyp said:
but using tripod for normal use is not practical enough...
imagine u want to take ur gf's pic and 1st want to setup ur tripod and then take the pic...see her reaction urself

Yes exactly. That's why I said in my early post that I partially agree with you. Normally taking photographs using a tripod & all the fancy equipment make people(subject) apprehensive & hence they turn out cold in the snaps. Also GF chhod k chali jayegi agar 1 snap nikalne mein itna time lagaya :D

Ankit said:
Hi,
Comparing canon Sx110 IS with Sony W220 is not correct in my view as they belong to different class. W220 is super compact while Sx110 Is not even Pocketable. Technical specs wise Canon wins over sony in all aspects except that sony's Lens has better wide angle capability.
Canon has got better zoom, full manual controls and approximately double the weight.
Both cameras are great. Take your pick.

The Sony's offering is a mere point & shoot camera, while the SX 100 IS comes under the prosumer category with full manual controls and all the bells & whistles of a near SLR camera.

uppalpankaj said:
How do the pics come in low light with the Canon SX 110 IS/100 IS?? The 110IS seems really sturdily built but it also is quite bulky 2 carry..The negatives are that it is not pocketable and v don't get a memory card with it. With the Sony w220, a 2 GB card is provided. However the optical zoom in 110IS is a plus.

So I am confused.

The pics taken with Canon SX 100 IS are truly superb. They colours are reproduced well and not garishly bright and the white balance too appears perfect. The only negative I found was, a significant amount of noise enters at high ISO levels(800-1600). Though this is expected as this isn't a DSLR. And yes the sad thing is you do not get any memory card except a tiny 16 MB one. :( But take it from me, you won't be utterly disappointed with the Canon SX 100 IS. The camera is enough for novice users(AUTO mode users) & fairly good for advanced users who are on a budget and cannot afford to get a DSLR.

OP
N

neyo

Broken In
Guys i need to chose between these models

Sony W220 12.1 MP 4x Zoom
Relatively new model hence could only find previews and no extensive reviews on image quality it apparently has excellent build quality. i need further comments on this model as well as its price. btw i live in hyd.

Canon A2000 IS 10 MP 6x Zoom
Has very good image quality but poor build quality. need the price here.

Canon A720 IS
seems to be outdated model and is no longer listed on the canon website. is it worth buying also need its price

Canon SX110 IS.
The reviews say it is an excellent camera but don't know if it will fit my budget.

any other recommendations are welcome! thanks in advance!!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
uppalpankaj said:
What is the price of Canon SX110 IS?? Any idea...

Rs.15,090.

neyo said:
Guys i need to chose between these models

Sony W220 12.1 MP 4x Zoom
Relatively new model hence could only find previews and no extensive reviews on image quality it apparently has excellent build quality. i need further comments on this model as well as its price. btw i live in hyd.

Sony W220 is nothing more than a slim camera crammed with enormous 12MP sensor & the de-facto 4x zoom. If you are going to take shots only occassionally then it should suffice. Good if you will be shooting only in AUTO mode & not going to get your hands dirty in MANUAL mode. Fuji Film-FinePix S700 looks a good competition to W220 if you are looking for a camera within Rs.10,000. Fuji Film-FinePix S700 comes at around Rs.9.5K~.

neyo said:
Canon A2000 IS 10 MP 6x Zoom
Has very good image quality but poor build quality. need the price here.

This camera is really good. Comes at around Rs.10,790. But Fuji Film-FinePix S700, seems to be a good buy too at around Rs.10K.

neyo said:
Canon A720 IS
seems to be outdated model and is no longer listed on the canon website. is it worth buying also need its price

Canon A720 IS has been discontinued. Canon bought an exact replica in the form of SX 100 IS, which though similar with A720 IS but has slight better optics alongwith 10x optical zoom as opposed to 6x zoom on A720 IS.

neyo said:
Canon SX110 IS.
The reviews say it is an excellent camera but don't know if it will fit my budget.

I strongly recommend this camera. Canon SX110 IS comes at Rs.15,090

sujoyp

Grand Master
agar kheenchne de to acchi aaegi...u know gf's ka mind kitna jaldi badalta hai:p:p

ok enough jokes...but seriously if u find something funny somewhere u just can not set up a tripod for ur camera...the fun will be over by then...I still suggest u to get something which will increase the grip of your camera in ur hand...It would help:smile:

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
I m thinking of going 4 the sony w220. Reasons are:
1. 2 GB card free
2. 12.1 MP
3. Lighter in weight. So will be easier 2 carry.
4. Is cheaper than Canon SX110 IS by arnd 3k.

The only negative is that it has a less powerful optical zoom as compared to 110IS.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
I found one more model of Sony i.e W230/S which has the same specs as W220 but with a larger LCD screen of 3.0'' as compared 2 2.7'' of W220.

Anyone knows its price??

See here:
*www.sony.co.in/product/ProductComp...eepestLevelCategoryId=DI Digital Still Camera

And is W270 and W290 also available in India??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom