Need Best Digital Camera for 12k ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

neyo

Broken In
hey fellas....need your suggestions for a digital camera with a max budget of 12000. i can extend the budget by a max of 500 if the extra features are really worth it. i am a total newbie to cameras and need something from sony, canon, nikon and kodak. hoping for a quick reply. thanks in advance.

sujoyp

Grand Master
hey fellas....need your suggestions for a digital camera with a max budget of 12000. i can extend the budget by a max of 500 if the extra features are really worth it. i am a total newbie to cameras and need something from sony, canon, nikon and kodak. hoping for a quick reply. thanks in advance.

Please specify ur requirement for

megapixel (8mp is enough)
optical zoom (3x standard)
screen size (2.5inch standard)

sujoyp

Grand Master
If u wanna have a sleek ,pocketable and stylish cam I would suggest Sony T2 with 4 gb inbuilt memory
It soo sleek and small just 126gm and 15mm sleek....its specs r good too

Actulally I would prefer a good pocketable camera rather then a cam u have to carry with a neckstrap everywhere

Check this *www.trustedreviews.com/digital-cameras/review/2008/03/21/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-T2/p1

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Can anyone please suggest a gud digicam in the 12.1 MP category and within a price range of 14-15k?

Do not go over the myth, the higher the resolution the better is the camera. Even a 6 MP camera can defeat a 12MP camera black & blue if it has superb optics. I would recommend you to get a Canon SX 110 IS which has 9 MP optics alongwith a huge 10x optical zoom. If you can get your budget to Rs.20K then you can look for Nikon D40 in grey market or sony alfa 100 & 200.

OP
N

neyo

Broken In
ok guys may be i should re frame what is said in the first post to give more specific info to help you further....so here is a list of features i need:

1 optical image stabilization
2 full manual controls
3 high optical zoom is preferred over mega pixel count
4 good lcd screen (good viewability under direct sunlight)
5 good battery life (preferably rechargeable either li ion or NimH)
6 extra features like face, smile detection an added plus

so please any recommendation on models with all or most of these features. thanks in advance

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Which one is better Canon SX 110 IS or Sony W220??

A quick comparison:
1. SX 110 - 9 MP, Sony W220 - 12.1 MP
2. SX 110 - 10x optical zoom, Sony W220 - 4x optical zoom
3. Price: SX 110 - 14k, Sony W220 - 12990
4. Bundled Software: Canon SX 110 IS - NIL, Sony W220 - Picture Motion Browser Software
5. Bundled Card: Canon SX 110 IS - 32 MB, Sony W220 - 2 GB

Which one looks better from the above? Does having more MPs is better or having more optical zoom is better??

OP
N

neyo

Broken In
Guys i'm confused...the sony cameras seem to be having two types of image stabilization: Optical Steady Shot and Super Steady shot. whats the difference between these two?

look at the specs of DSC T70 *www.sony.co.in/product/dsc-t70 it says image stabilization (method) super steady shot (optical).

also look at the specs of DSC w220 *www.sony.co.in/product/dsc-w220 it says image stabilization optical steady shot.

so whts the difference in these methods? i'm pretty confuse at this? can anyone explain? thanks in advance

sujoyp

Grand Master
what I understood is that super steady shot r of 2 types...electronic and optical

conclusion is they r same coz both r optical image stabilization (super steady shot with optical image stabilization and not electronic one)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
In short both mean the same.
While selecting a camera look for Optical Image stabilization & not electronic or digital image stabilization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom