Need Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

VctA

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: want to run games like dota 2 , skyrim bf3 with decent settings...i already have a good gpu (6850)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 24k can extend too 2-3k more

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: N/A

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: no

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: i have a psu (seasonic sII2 620 watt) gpu (powercolor 6850) 17' monitor ,dvd drive ,hdd.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: delhi .....only from flipkart and other online sites.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: no

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi...... will mostly be buying stuff online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

Things I Need :-

1) Processor

2) Good Motherboard that supports crossfire.

3) Big spacious cabinet

I have 24000 to spend on these 3 things....i will be using this setup mainly for mid-high end gaming.
and i would prefer an intel processor over amd.

+Im a noob with hardware stuff but for the future id like to learn and overclock my pc.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
here you go ;-)

Core i5 2500k @ 12.2k
Biostar TZ68K+ @ 7.4k
NZXT Source 210 Elite @ 2.5k
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL) @ 1.6k

OP
V

VctA

Broken In
thank you for the reply.....instead of NZXT Source 210 Elite @ 2.5k il go for Antec Three Hundred Mid Tower Cabinet.........and can u please suggest me good ram sticks.....and is it true i cant have more than 4g of ram on 32 bit wondows 7 ?

btw i was thinking this for ram Flipkart: G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 2 GB (1 x 2 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9S-2GBXL): Ram

please suggest me a good ups also.....preferably which is available online.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ max 3.25Gb will be usable in 32bit
you can go for the 2Gb stick. 2 of them.

don't buy UPS online. Carrying charge will cost a bomb. Those weight a lot. specially the ones with bigger capacity.

OP
V

VctA

Broken In
i have a 620 watt psu......so what ups should i go for ?
and for now im not planning to overclock so will my standard cpu fan give me any problems ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
NZXT Source 210 Elite is better than Antec 300 IMO.

Get a single 4GB DDR3 module now and get another one later.

UPS depends on your PCs overall power consumption -can you tell us the budget for the UPS ??

OP
V

VctA

Broken In
But NZXT Source 210 Elite is not available in delhi...how about Flipkart: Cooler Master Elite 430 Black Mid Tower Cabinet: Cabinet

hmm as for ups budget .... im going to say till 2k i guess,but i can adjust for more as long as the end product is worth it....... and also my friend suggested me a 600va luminous ups is that any good ?
i just want a good ups that will be able to support future upgrades to the pc as im planning to run this pc for a while.

I have a seasonic 620 watt that is kind of an overkill for my current config but i plan to add more fans and cooling systems once i start overclocking.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
i have a 620 watt psu......so what ups should i go for ?
and for now im not planning to overclock so will my standard cpu fan give me any problems ?

I recommend an APC 800va aatleast. Its gonna cost you around 2.8-3k.

Go for APC 1.1 kva for more backup headroom once you crossfire and overclock the cpu.:)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
But NZXT Source 210 Elite is not available in delhi...how about Flipkart: Cooler Master Elite 430 Black Mid Tower Cabinet: Cabinet

hmm as for ups budget .... im going to say till 2k i guess,but i can adjust for more as long as the end product is worth it....... and also my friend suggested me a 600va luminous ups is that any good ?
i just want a good ups that will be able to support future upgrades to the pc as im planning to run this pc for a while.

I have a seasonic 620 watt that is kind of an overkill for my current config but i plan to add more fans and cooling systems once i start overclocking.

You can go with CM Elite 430 - get the Transparent Side Panel version ( Im using one ) ;-)

OP
V

VctA

Broken In
thank you for all the sugestions.....one last thing..
im going to assemble this pc by myself is it too hard or easy to learn ??
can you people give me link to a good tutorial for pc assembling.

p.s-im kind of nervous as all these things are expensive and i dont want to screw anything up while assembling.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thank you for all the sugestions.....one last thing..
im going to assemble this pc by myself is it too hard or easy to learn ??
can you people give me link to a good tutorial for pc assembling.

p.s-im kind of nervous as all these things are expensive and i dont want to screw anything up while assembling.

don't worry if you get some kind of error at first boot or no display. we are always here to help :smile:

OP
V

VctA

Broken In
Thank you for all the help people....you can now close the thread.

Il post pictures in the show off section once im done with everything...once again thanx alot for all the help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom