Need advice in gaming rig again !

sharang.d

Youngling
1) I don't think you should be going for Noctua NH-D14 unless you are planning for extreme overclocking.

2) Difference between i5-2500k and i5-3570k is not much. Price of 3570k is more or less same as 2600k. I would say go for 2500k or 2600k.. don't go for Ivy Bridge. Not yet. Prices are high..

3) The Asus motherboard you have decided on is of good quality. Check out GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H OR the wifi+bluetooth version

4) Check out Corsair 500R

5) For ram go with G.Skill RipjawsX 1600Mhz 4G X 2 (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)

vkl

Cyborg Agent
If you are into extreme overclocking then go for Noctua NH-D14.For mild overclocking cm hyper evo 212 is more than enough.
Go with i5 2500k because of lower temperature levels during overclocking than i5 3570k.Clock per clock gain of i5 3570k is negligible(~3%) compared to i5 2500k.
As for the motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro is nice.
For cabinet carbide 400r is more than enough.You can also look for CM HAF912.

dfcols71

In the zone
the gigabyte board scores over asus in having a better sound chip realtek
Realtek ALC898 codec,cheaper,also you can look in this review
Overclock3D :: Review :: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Review :: 3D Mark

OP
TickTock

TickTock

Broken In
Can anyone give me price quote on i5 3570k?

It's priced at 17k at primeabgb...isn't it total waste of money? and as Ico stated above "Ivy bridge runs hot for Delhi summer" so I'd rather go with i5 2500k and have peace of mind.

And according to:
About motherboard:As you are going with 2nd gen i7 processor, buying Z77 motherboard at a higher price makes no sense as 2nd i5/i7 gen processors can't utilize the extra features like PCI-E3.0 present in Z77 boards. Thus making it work like Z68 boards.
Asus is way better & reliable than AsRock boards. At your budget (i.e. 85K) I would suggest you to strictly avoid AsRock boards.

So, It will be a total waste to go with z77 mobo's if going with I5 2500k, Right?

1) I don't think you should be going for Noctua NH-D14 unless you are planning for extreme overclocking.

2) Difference between i5-2500k and i5-3570k is not much. Price of 3570k is more or less same as 2600k. I would say go for 2500k or 2600k.. don't go for Ivy Bridge. Not yet. Prices are high..

3) The Asus motherboard you have decided on is of good quality. Check out GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H OR the wifi+bluetooth version

4) Check out Corsair 500R

5) For ram go with G.Skill RipjawsX 1600Mhz 4G X 2 (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)

I've read reviews of noctua NH-D14 and people have praised it alot and last time i faced lots of heating issues with my rig and i really don't mind spending 5-6k on Custom cooler if that can keep my beast kool

Lastly can you suggest me Ram which will be capable with noctua D-14?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
As suggested by Sharang.d, Noctua NH-D14 is overkill. Gskill RipjawsX shall fit fine with it. Corsair Vengeance high-profile will NOT.

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H is a good motherboard.

sharang.d

Youngling
It's priced at 17k at primeabgb...isn't it total waste of money?
And according to:
So, It will be a total waste to go with z77 mobo's if going with I5 2500k,RIght?

I've read reviews of noctua NH-D14 and people have praised it alot and last time i faced lots of heating issues with my rig and i really don't mind spending 5-6k on Custom cooler if that can keep my beast kool

Lastly can you suggest me Ram which will be capable with noctua D-14?

Thanks in advance :)

1) Like I said.. i5-2500k or i7-2600k. Your call. Not i5-3570k for sure. (2600k is my choice given ur huge budget)

2) Under normal operation you don't need to have such high level of cooling.
Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO woks.
This is why you don't need Noctua :
3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:
Maybe, not sure about it

3) You have a huge budget so it's better to go for Z77.

4) The RAM i suggested is compatible with Noctua NH-D14.

Last edited:

sharang.d

Youngling
Tweaked version of ico's build:
Intel i7-2600K| 17,000
GIGABYTE GA-zZ7x-ud5h-wb wifi|16,500
CM Hyper 212 Evo | 2,400
HD 7970 or GTX 680 | 33,000
Seasonic SS-660KM | 7,750
Corsair 500R cabinet | 6,645
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM SATAIII 6GB/s (ST1000DM003)| 5,200
G.Skill RipjawsX 1600Mhz 4G X 2 (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL) | 3,420
DVD Writer | 1,000
Total | 92,915

1) Hyper threading because budget permits.
2) z77 + bluetooth/wifi + Good reviews
3) Value for money
4) Refer ico's post
5) Fully Modular. Fanless mode.
6) Excellent cooling + cable management + space
7) Standard.
8) Standard.
9) Standard.

You still have like 8k left.. Use it in whatever you like.
I cut down on the SSD. Not a big fan. The technology is still building..
If you still want Noctua NH-D14 go for it thers a few grands extra left.

Cilus

laborare est orare
For CPU Cooler I think you can opt for Deep Cool Ice Blade Pro which is available at 2.65K in Theitwares.com. It is better than 212 EVO and almost comparable to U12 or Corsair A70 which are more than 1K costlier.

OP
TickTock

TickTock

Broken In
Ok guys thanks for suggesting

So,i'll be be going with i5 2500k as it is value for money and 5-6k cheaper then i5 3570k.

Now the questions comes about motherboard...whether i should go for z77 or z68..also would it be beneficial if the manufacturer of motherboard and graphic card would be same ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now the questions comes about motherboard...whether i should go for z77 or z68
Both chipsets are essentially same except minor difference(s).

You'll find Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3 for 16K.

Then you'll find Asus P8Z77-V Pro for 17.5K which is pretty much the same motherboard (overall feature wise) but has on-board Wifi instead of Bluetooth.

Check the differences between all boards yourself. :) Only a Google away.

Nothing like - "I'm going for X, so I should get Y or vice versa." Also nothing like, "X makes no sense. Y does."

However, if you are going for Gigabyte, then I will suggest to only go for their Z77 motherboards. Their Z68 motherboards didn't have a proper UEFI implementation.
also would it be beneficial if the manufacturer of motherboard and graphic card would be same ?
This makes no difference. No benefit. No loss.

OP
TickTock

TickTock

Broken In
Both chipsets are essentially same except minor difference(s).

You'll find Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3 for 16K.

Then you'll find Asus P8Z77-V Pro for 17.5K which is pretty much the same motherboard (overall feature wise) but has on-board Wifi instead of Bluetooth.

Check the differences between all boards yourself. :) Only a Google away.

Nothing like - "I'm going for X, so I should get Y or vice versa." Also nothing like, "X makes no sense. Y does."

However, if you are going for Gigabyte, then I will suggest to only go for their Z77 motherboards. Their Z68 motherboards didn't have a proper UEFI implementation.

This makes no difference. No benefit. No loss.

Well if the difference is only 1.5k then i have no problems going with z77 motherboards. Thanks for clearing my doubts :)

Why are you even considering i5-3570k? :-?

Why not? isn't both i5 2500k and 3570k performs almost same?
But its priced at 16k+..so no use buying it atm :(

Top Bottom