Need Advice buying Cabbie and GPU - Budget 6k

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
[SOLVED] Need Advice buying Cabbie and GPU - Budget 6k

Hi,
I've been doing a lot of research for the past one month and still havent decided what's best...

I want to buy a Cabinet with Transparent Side Window - Researched a lot...Wanted a Elite 431 but most likely will buy Elite 311 (budget constraints)

Also wanted to upgrade the GPU, currently using - MSI HD5450 1GB DDR3 - to something better... Wouldn't mind selling my 5450 to raise money ! :p

My Current Configuration:
Intel i5-760
GA-H55MS2
4 GB 133MHz RAM
WD 500 GB

Please suggest me a GPU and Cabinet but need all this within 6k !!
Will be buying in first week of May from Nehru Place...

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Best bet will be to go for HD 5670 for around 4k and spend rest on Elite 311.

Need a transparent side cabby? Shell out just 1k more for Elite 311 Plus.

OP
techiemaharaj

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
How much do you think, I would get if I sell my present Graphic Card ? Anyways If i get a new one, this will be useless.
and thanks for your suggestion.. :)

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Depending on how long it has been used, nothing more than 800-1000 rupees should be expected.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Yeah so buy the HD 5670 and sell off your old card. With that budget buy Elite 430 for 3k(looks better than 311 Plus IMO)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yeah so buy the HD 5670 and sell off your old card. With that budget buy Elite 430 for 3k(looks better than 311 Plus IMO)
Donot take it personally but I think OP will not be benifited much by spending just 50% of a total original budget just into a Cabinet. A good cabinet helps no doubt but on a tight budget like the OP his priority should be the GPU. the 311 plus is enough for him IMO although its less flashy than the 430.
get the 5670 from flipkart the Sapphire one is available for as less as 4k but its out of stock.
Other versions are priced at 4.4k which is again cheaper than theitwares and then spend whatever you have remaining on the cabinet :wink:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Donot take it personally but I think OP will not be benifited much by spending just 50% of a total original budget just into a Cabinet. A good cabinet helps no doubt but on a tight budget like the OP his priority should be the GPU. the 311 plus is enough for him IMO although its less flashy than the 430.

Excellent point :razz:
a faster GPU should always be top priority. And the bling bling thing only last for a month or so. Then you get bored with all these things and move on.

SunE

Professional Newbie
^^ Yes of course what you said is correct but look at this post from desiJATT below.

Best bet will be to go for HD 5670 for around 4k and spend rest on Elite 311.

Need a transparent side cabby? Shell out just 1k more for Elite 311 Plus.

Now OP's total budget is 6k. HD 5670 is 4k so budget left for cabby is 2k. Now 1k more makes it total 3k. For 3k I think Elite 430 is a better looking cabinet than 311 plus(which is highly priced because of front USB 3.0 port which OP won't be having the functionality to use most probably).

OP
techiemaharaj

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I have the frontech cabinet(800 bucks), and want to change it. I'll visit Nehru place and see how much I can get for my HD 5450. If I get atleast 800-1k, I'll probably go for elite 430, if I can get it .

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
^^ Yes of course what you said is correct but look at this post from desiJATT below.

Now OP's total budget is 6k. HD 5670 is 4k so budget left for cabby is 2k. Now 1k more makes it total 3k. For 3k I think Elite 430 is a better looking cabinet than 311 plus(which is highly priced because of front USB 3.0 port which OP won't be having the functionality to use most probably).

Did you even pay any heed to OP's first post and my first line? OP stated that he wanted to buy some cabinet with transparent side but can't afford it. I just gave him an option. My first line clearly recommends him to buy the Elite 311 and HD5670. Moreover, Elite 430 costs around 3.5k.

Please, before starting a discussion session and getting your back kicked, get your facts right and read all the posts carefully.Thank you.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Yes I did obviously read your first line. I simply stated that Elite 430 is a better option for the same price range as 311 Plus. Moreover OP has decided to go for the Elite 430 and FYI the 430 is 3.5k only on flipkart. In the local market it's more like 2.9-3k. Get your facts straight about pricing :p

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, this is not a very serius issue that you have to kick each other's back. Cool down.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I have the frontech cabinet(800 bucks), and want to change it. I'll visit Nehru place and see how much I can get for my HD 5450. If I get atleast 800-1k, I'll probably go for elite 430, if I can get it .

Go for 5670 not HD 5450 I think you typed it wrongly right.:oops:

SunE

Professional Newbie
^^ He already has HD 5450 and is talking about selling it off. Please read the entire thing carefully again :)

sukesh1090

Adam young
Go for 5670 not HD 5450 I think you typed it wrongly right.:oops:

^^:lol::wink:
guys why shouldn't he go for NZXT source 210 elite @ 2.7k or even only 210(not elite) if he gets it for more cheaper price.it has more and better features than 430 or 431.

OP
techiemaharaj

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
I researched the prices for Elite 311 and many places its shown as around 2.5k..also i would prefer a cabbie with a Transparent Side Panel....NZXT elite doesn't have one i guess...If it has..will I get it at Nehru Place ? I dont think so...

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
210 elite doesn't have it.if the window is must for you then buy elite 311 but in case of cooling,cable management,tool less designs source 210 elite beats it by miles.its your choice which features you will prefer.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
I researched the prices for Elite 311 and many places its shown as around 2.5k..also i would prefer a cabbie with a Transparent Side Panel....NZXT elite doesn't have one i guess...If it has..will I get it at Nehru Place ? I dont think so...

Well, as Sam already stated, the bling bling thing lasts only 1-2 weeks. Better go for a more usable cabinet.

Also, Sukesh1090 is right, the cable management, the airflow and fans of the NZXT Source 210 Elite is much better than the Cooler Master budget cabinets. That way, if you want to upgrade something like GPU in the future, you don't have to worry about the extra heat generated by it as the NZXT offers a space to add a side fan too!

Moreover the elite 210 is a good looking cabinet without any bling bling features, IMO i like soberness more than high flashing lights and stuff. Rest is your choice obviously, CM 311 Plus is not a bad cabinet, it's just that there are better alternatives available at that budget. :D

Top Bottom