need a wireless router for bsnl BB under (2.5k)

yashxxx

Journeyman
Hey frnds! I have bsnl bb, now i want to creat wifi in my house(2bhk).I will be conecting 2 phones and 2 laptops. So please suggest a good wireless router(if possible then link also) under 2.5k.

I will be downloading torrent files also.Do i need to change mac add. And all.
Thanks in adv.

I am expecting few replies.

Any advice guys???

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you just want a router get(needs a separate modem for bsnl,airtel,reliance connection):
TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N Router (TL-WR841N) - Buy @ Rs.1473/- Online | Snapdeal.com

if you want an adsl wifi router(no need for a separate modem) then get:
TP-Link 300MBPS WIRELESS N USB ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER(TD-W8968) - Buy @ Rs.2131/- Online | Snapdeal.com

OP
Y

yashxxx

Journeyman
Thanks whitestar for your advice.
Want to ask you 2 ques.
1-is 8968 good for bsnl bb?
2-i have heard few issues about this model.is it solved?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
W8968 is the best option for adsl wifi router & as for issues it seems to be fixed.just install the latest firmware version released in october.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/networking/179187-w8968-causing-some-troubles-3.html#post2044261
TD-W8968 - Welcome to TP-LINK

OP
Y

yashxxx

Journeyman
Thank you whitestar i am buying 8968.
One last ques.
If the product gets some issue after few months then how will i go to service center because i cant find any sc in patna.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
that is the only problem with tp-link.you have to contact tp-link to get the address of nearest distributor/reseller & you can take the product there but if it takes too much time then you can send the faulty unit directly to tp-link Mumbai head office via courier to receive your replacement.
Replacement & Warranty - Welcome to TP-LINK

OP
Y

yashxxx

Journeyman
Hey whitestar!What about Dlink?
There is a service center of dlink in patna whr i live.
Is dlink as good as tp link?
If yes then could you please suggest best dlink adsl router same as 8968.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
there is no model from any company as good as W8968 at its price.i prefer tp-link based on my experience of never needing warranty with its wired modem i use.even considering warranty issue i would not spend same or more money to get an inferior model with better warranty support.it all comes down to your choice.if you think you will be needing warranty & don't like extra hassle of few days then get dlink.

OP
Y

yashxxx

Journeyman
So the thing is tp link is best among other brands.
Thanks whitestar for your advices.
Finally i am buying W8968.
Thanks again.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i made a mistake about firmware update fixing the issue but not everyone face this issue & some solutions work for many facing this issue(though not all).anyway my advice is don't update firmware & see if you face any issues & if not then don't update firmware unless it is released this month or later in future.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
in my opinion you should get it(if i have the money i too would get this model).issues are temporary & will be fixed with a firmware update not to mention that there are some ways to solve issue temporarily.also there is no 100% chance that you will face issues because it also depends on default firmware installed & hardware revision(V1 or V2).

Top Bottom