Need a very very powerful grapics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Exactly. I gave MD computers a piece of my mind when I bought it. Without any fruitful result though

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Vapor x will be almost at min 2.5 to 3 k costlier (that's my guess, no evidence). And availability in India that no one can comment. We have not even got the Tri x OC 290 also. And frankly I don't think the price difference between the tri x and Vapor x is justified by the fps difference.

well the case for hd 7950 was everyone in the forum was suggesting 7950 vapour X oc compared to its counterparts [MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] can throw more light in the matter i believe........

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
7950 vapor x was not costlier by that time. price does matter for any suggestions as we are limited on budget.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
It seems so unfair & It's just so frustrating that we've have to wait so long for new/special models.
I called mdcomputers again & they said on the 1st week of july , they will post on their website information about when vapor x will be available.

I'm wondering if I should buy a temporary mid-low range card for about 7K and Sell it off when vapor x is available. As currently, I have GeForce 210. At least, I'll be able to play those games which don't require a high performance card.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Hello, first of all, I'd really appreciate if someone helps me out with this. I know that I've typed a lot, but at the same time, I also don't like to be spoon fed (As you may have noticed). Thanks again to all of you for guiding me.

I was waiting for vapor x to come here & a lot of time has passed.

So, with a budget of around 30-40k what would be the best option for me now? (considering that new cards might have come & prices have been reduced etc)
Should I still stick to R9 290 or go for R9295 etc? Or R9 290 vaporX?
R9 295 is $729 on
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202108 .SO, I'm guessing it's a bit out of my budget.

Also, I have 2 options of where to buy from

1) thanksgiving sale coming very very soon..tommorow 27/11/14!. I have a cousin inUS, he can buy it for me. Most likely, I won't get an international warranty but if the price is very cheap, is it worth the risk? or is there someway Ican get(0r buy_ international warranty?
In case if it's advisable to buy from the thanksgiving sale in US, which model should I go for?

2) Buying here from India online.
If option 1) is not worth it, which card should i buy from here?

At $314.99, this looks good, right? (Again I know it's not available in India as it's in amazon.com & international warranty may not be there, but the price seems to be very good for the model)
SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X 100362VXSR Radeon R9 290 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support TRI-X OC (UEFI) Video Card - Newegg.com

Anything else, please let me know. Thanks again.

dude1

Journeyman
Hello, first of all, I'd really appreciate if someone helps me out with this. I know that I've typed a lot, but at the same time, I also don't like to be spoon fed (As you may have noticed). Thanks again to all of you for guiding me.

I was waiting for vapor x to come here & a lot of time has passed.

So, with a budget of around 30-40k what would be the best option for me now? (considering that new cards might have come & prices have been reduced etc)
Should I still stick to R9 290 or go for R9295 etc? Or R9 290 vaporX?
R9 295 is $729 on
SAPPHIRE 100360SR Radeon R9 295x2 8GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card - Newegg.com .SO, I'm guessing it's a bit out of my budget.

Also, I have 2 options of where to buy from

1) thanksgiving sale coming very very soon..tommorow 27/11/14!. I have a cousin inUS, he can buy it for me. Most likely, I won't get an international warranty but if the price is very cheap, is it worth the risk? or is there someway Ican get(0r buy_ international warranty?
In case if it's advisable to buy from the thanksgiving sale in US, which model should I go for?

2) Buying here from India online.
If option 1) is not worth it, which card should i buy from here?

At $314.99, this looks good, right? (Again I know it's not available in India as it's in amazon.com & international warranty may not be there, but the price seems to be very good for the model)
SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X 100362VXSR Radeon R9 290 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support TRI-X OC (UEFI) Video Card - Newegg.com

Anything else, please let me know. Thanks again.

Get Nvidia gtx 980 if you are getting from US(550$ now).More powerful than R9 290 vaporx. Get Nvidia 970 amp extreme if getting from India(Similar performance as r9 290).

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Get Nvidia gtx 980 if you are getting from US(550$ now).More powerful than R9 290 vaporx. Get Nvidia 970 amp extreme if getting from India(Similar performance as r9 290).

Yes, but is gtx980 compatiable with Window XP games? Are R9 290 & gtx 970 also compatiable with XP?

I feel it's ideal to buy gtx980 if one is buying from US & doesn't intend to play games on windows XP.
Otherwise GTX 970 is ideal as gtx 980 is very expensive here.

- - - Updated - - -

Some internet browsing also showed me that GTX 980 & 970 don't support windows XP games...

*www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2304271/gtx-980-970-780ti.html
The nvidia drivers for 970 and 980 no longer support Windows Xp... posted by afzpuppet

*www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2308043/gpu-buy-gtx-980-gtx-970-gtx-780ti-290-290x.html
GTX-980, GTX-970 ==> DOES NOT support Windows XP... Be careful....posted by afzpuppet

is that true?

amjath

Human Spambot
Xp is not supported by Microsoft itself anymore then how these companies support it. Also I don't get it why you still use xp.

Just took a look at your hardware. Running xp on that hardware is a shame. If you don't like windows 8 then use windows 7 till windows 10 releases at discount Price if you don't own any os.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
I'm using windows 7, I had meant to ask about XP based games, though I know they're old.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, does it make sense to buy from US or should I buy from India?
No doubt, I'll mostly geta card cheaper there, but I most certainly won't get an international warranty.

Now, EVGA does have that. But I've heard a complaints about it's noise & it's 'coil whine'. Is the noise that remarkable??

I've decided to go with GTX970 . Here's how I can summarize my options:

1. EVGA GPU from US: Cheaper & international warranty but noise issue

2. A Non-EVGA GPU from US: Cheaper but no international warranty, no noise issue

3. A Non-EVGA GPU from India: Expensive but no warranty & no noise issue

4. EVGA GPU from India: Expensive, noise issue...probably doesn't make sense

Comparing the prices of ASUS GRAPHICS CARD GTX 970
..difference comes to about Rs 8500

ASUS GRAPHICS CARD GTX 970 4GB DDR5 DC II OC STRIX EDITION

ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support G-SYNC Support Video Card - Newegg.com

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
^ strix cards are selling @ ~21k in US. If you bargain here you can get the same for ~27k. So a ~5k difference for a warranty is okay. So get it from here itself

rock2702

Padawan
If you are planning to overclock the 970,go with either an msi gaming 970 or the gigabyte gaming g1 970.The asus strix is a gimped card as far as overclocking goes due to the very low TDP limit on the card.

dude1

Journeyman
I'm using windows 7, I had meant to ask about XP based games, though I know they're old.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, does it make sense to buy from US or should I buy from India?
No doubt, I'll mostly geta card cheaper there, but I most certainly won't get an international warranty.

Now, EVGA does have that. But I've heard a complaints about it's noise & it's 'coil whine'. Is the noise that remarkable??

I've decided to go with GTX970 . Here's how I can summarize my options:

1. EVGA GPU from US: Cheaper & international warranty but noise issue

2. A Non-EVGA GPU from US: Cheaper but no international warranty, no noise issue

3. A Non-EVGA GPU from India: Expensive but no warranty & no noise issue

4. EVGA GPU from India: Expensive, noise issue...probably doesn't make sense

Comparing the prices of ASUS GRAPHICS CARD GTX 970
..difference comes to about Rs 8500

ASUS GRAPHICS CARD GTX 970 4GB DDR5 DC II OC STRIX EDITION

ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support G-SYNC Support Video Card - Newegg.com

A non evga gpu from India will have a WARRANTY..
Old games are compatible on Windows 7 and many pre-2006 games can run even on your Intel graphics at good frame rate. The gtx 970 zotac amp extreme edition that i have suggested runs cool and quiet due to 3 fans and is factory overclocked.Runs out of box at 1203 MHz and can run upto 1525mhz with OC. Got locally at 31k in Pune....Also Asus Strix is a good card to go with If no OC need.

Last edited:
OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
A non evga gpu from India will have a WARRANTY..
Old games are compatible on Windows 7 and many pre-2006 games can run even on your Intel graphics at good frame rate. The gtx 970 zotac amp extreme edition that i have suggested runs cool and quiet due to 3 fans and is factory overclocked.Runs out of box at 1203 MHz and can run upto 1525mhz with OC. Got locally at 31k in Pune....Also Asus Strix is a good card to go with If no OC need.

Thanks a lot again. See ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GTX 970 4GB DDR5 AMP EXTREME (ZT-90103-10P - ZT-90103-10P - ). It's Rs 33,390 here. I thought locally things are more expemnsive than online. How were you able to get it at 2k less?

dude1

Journeyman
Thanks a lot again. See ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GTX 970 4GB DDR5 AMP EXTREME (ZT-90103-10P - ZT-90103-10P - ). It's Rs 33,390 here. I thought locally things are more expemnsive than online. How were you able to get it at 2k less?
No it is not always true. I got for 2k less in pune. You can get lower than online price in nehru place or lamington road too.

amjath

Human Spambot

I went to local/offline shop to purchase gtx 970 but only zotac amp extreme was available which is out of my budget. I told him the same and I asked for the best price. He said the price stands, I dragged online prices into discussion. He said soon the warranty eligibility will be removed from every computer products as Logitech mentioned in every box. I'm taking this as a pinch of salt since I don't believe this demand to price hype cheap sellers.

I want you to do me a favour or anyone else on this community ( [MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION] [MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] or harsil are one of the top hardware guys) to confirm the same with customer care or sources for this claim. Thanks for the help in advance.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
What he is claiming is far from truth. Anyway, I've recently noticed some local service centers creating issue in favor of local sellers but don't pay too much attention to such things as you can always work something out by contacting the manufacturer directly. As for zotac I think only the serial number is enough for most cases and a print out of the e-mail for extended warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom