Need a very very powerful grapics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

amjath

Human Spambot
What he is claiming is far from truth. Anyway, I've recently noticed some local service centers creating issue in favor of local sellers but don't pay too much attention to such things as you can always work something out by contacting the manufacturer directly. As for zotac I think only the serial number is enough for most cases and a print out of the e-mail for extended warranty.

Thanks mate for the clarification

dude1

Journeyman
I went to local/offline shop to purchase gtx 970 but only zotac amp extreme was available which is out of my budget. I told him the same and I asked for the best price. He said the price stands, I dragged online prices into discussion. He said soon the warranty eligibility will be removed from every computer products as Logitech mentioned in every box. I'm taking this as a pinch of salt since I don't believe this demand to price hype cheap sellers.

I want you to do me a favour or anyone else on this community ( [MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION] [MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] or harsil are one of the top hardware guys) to confirm the same with customer care or sources for this claim. Thanks for the help in advance.
Well I was quoted 32.5k as the price. I bargained hard and I too dragged the online price thing and claimed(falsely ;)) that its available for 30k online... He agreed at 31k. A friend of mine had some issues with his nvidia card as he bought it from flipkart. He did what [MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION] said and contacted customer care of manufacturer. His issue was solved .

amjath

Human Spambot
Well I was quoted 32.5k as the price. I bargained hard and I too dragged the online price thing and claimed(falsely ;)) that its available for 30k online... He agreed at 31k. A friend of mine had some issues with his nvidia card as he bought it from flipkart. He did what [MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION] said and contacted customer care of manufacturer. His issue was solved .

awesome then, but I cant bargain here not even 50 rupees :( :'(

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
I went to mdcomputers.in to buy ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GTX 970 4GB DDR5 AMP EXTREME but came to know that it was discontinued & instead ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GTX 970 4GB DDR5 AMP EXTREME CORE EDITION was available. It has 5/5 ratings on Newegg.

My questions-
1 is core edition better than previous one? I mean should I go for it?
2 I read on an Amazon review that it has BIOS limitation & firestorm software. Are those any serious drawbacks?
3 any other thing I should reconsider?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only limitation you may face while OCing as 2x 6 pin pci-e connector may be a limiting factor unlike the non core edition which has 2x 8 pin power connectors. On the plus side the core edition has improved cooling.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
The only limitation you may face while OCing as 2x 6 pin pci-e connector may be a limiting factor unlike the non core edition which has 2x 8 pin power connectors. On the plus side the core edition has improved cooling.

Thanks, so given the difference you just mentioned, is it still worth buying? I'm not that tech savvy, hence I'm asking this (though I do know what overclocking is)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks, so given the difference you just mentioned, is it still worth buying? I'm not that tech savvy, hence I'm asking this (though I do know what overclocking is)

That card is pretty decently factory OCed so will give you better performance right out of the box than some other GTX 970 cards. If you intend to OC the card later a lot then you may consider 2x 8 pin version otherwise this card is very good with an improved cooler and little less Ocing capability but that does not going to hurt you a lot ;)

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Thanks, I'll book it tomorrow unless someone convinces me to go for another GTX ;)

That card is pretty decently factory OCed so will give you better performance right out of the box than some other GTX 970 cards. If you intend to OC the card later a lot then you may consider 2x 8 pin version otherwise this card is very good with an improved cooler and little less Ocing capability but that does not going to hurt you a lot ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom