need a tool that can reconnect automatically

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
is there any tool/software which could automatically reconnect to internet in case the connection is lost?

so i could just turn off the monitor and leave my PC to download stuff for hours without checking network status every half an hour.

i am using BSNL UE100 prithvi data card. and it disconnects 6-7 times in a day :|

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Use an AHK script.. although you will have to make it yourself.. I can help if you want..
But still, look for alternatives and use it for last resort..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
there is a software that i used some time ago which has the ability to execute certain tasks including running executable file types when a certain condition is satisfied.in my case it was 2-8AM bsnl free time downloading & issue was related to loose telephone wire outside room which cause disconnection even with a slight movement(wind etc).i was dl some big files & to prevent this i set software to play a music file as soon as network usage drops below 70% of 2mbps with 60 sec countdown so effectively it works like a alarm whenever connection was dropped & network usage drops to zero since downloading stopped.you may set it to run an exe/bat file to reconnect your connection instead of playing audio file or you can use audio file to act like an alarm to notify you of disconnection.:)
*www.bitdreamers.com/products/timecomx

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
try this Download ReConnect 1.5 Free - ReConnect is a free utility that will automatically reconnect an internet connection when it disconnect - Softpedia

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
there is a software that i used some time ago which has the ability to execute certain tasks including running executable file types when a certain condition is satisfied.in my case it was 2-8AM bsnl free time downloading & issue was related to loose telephone wire outside room which cause disconnection even with a slight movement(wind etc).i was dl some big files & to prevent this i set software to play a music file as soon as network usage drops below 70% of 2mbps with 60 sec countdown so effectively it works like a alarm whenever connection was dropped & network usage drops to zero since downloading stopped.you may set it to run an exe/bat file to reconnect your connection instead of playing audio file or you can use audio file to act like an alarm to notify you of disconnection.:)
*www.bitdreamers.com/products/timecomx

it shows 0% network usage in activity monitor :S even when i am downloading something

Use an AHK script.. although you will have to make it yourself.. I can help if you want..
But still, look for alternatives and use it for last resort..

i have no idea about scripting/programming :(

try this Download ReConnect 1.5 Free - ReConnect is a free utility that will automatically reconnect an internet connection when it disconnect - Softpedia

already tried that. it shows invalid username/password

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
i had subscribed to this article long back, and still get updates from it, but now don't read it anymore, as never used it. see if this helps:

Auto-connect Download scheduler « PC-Gyaan

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
In the dial-up connection properties > option > Select 'Redial if line is dropped'. Put the 'redial attempts' to 99 which is the maximum and 'time between redial attempts' to 1 minute. This worked for my bsnl broadband connection. I wrote a vb program to redial the connection but didn't complete it as the above settings worked.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^@op,try this & if it doesn't work then post here & i will suggest another solution similar to timecomx but most likely to work on your connection(timecomx only monitors pc lan & not dial connections like those in case of usb modems/mobile phones).

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
i had subscribed to this article long back, and still get updates from it, but now don't read it anymore, as never used it. see if this helps:

Auto-connect Download scheduler « PC-Gyaan

its something like task scheduler, it doesn't connects as soon as line is dropped :(

In the dial-up connection properties > option > Select 'Redial if line is dropped'. Put the 'redial attempts' to 99 which is the maximum and 'time between redial attempts' to 1 minute. This worked for my bsnl broadband connection. I wrote a vb program to redial the connection but didn't complete it as the above settings worked.

tried that, it shows error 691: username/password is not recognized

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
tried that, it shows error 691: username/password is not recognized
this error is pretty straight forward & if you are getting this error despite entering correct info/setting then this is a network error & in that case nothing will help.also for this to work you must select "save username/password" option when the window for dialer comes up after double-clicking the shortcut.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Use the option to remember username and password in the dialer. It should work. If not go for autohotkey script as suggested by others.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
created a new dial up connection and it did the trick. thanks guys :D

PM me when you are ready and I will help with your AHK script
thx for offering help :) problem solved
this error is pretty straight forward & if you are getting this error despite entering correct info/setting then this is a network error & in that case nothing will help.also for this to work you must select "save username/password" option when the window for dialer comes up after double-clicking the shortcut.
thx
Use the option to remember username and password in the dialer. It should work. If not go for autohotkey script as suggested by others.

thx XD

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
im a new user of bsnl evdo so can u tell me hw u resolved the disconnect issue .
create a dialup connection, enter your username and password, select your evdo modem. Open properties of your newly created dialup connection, go to options tab and select 'redial attempts' to 99, idle time before hanging up to 'never'

if you want it to connect automatically when you start your pc

press start button (windows 7), type 'internet settings', open internet settings and go to 'connection' tab. select your dialup connection you created before and select 'dial whenever network connection is not present'.

Top Bottom