Need a Tablet @30K

SahilAr

In the zone
Heyy Techies.
I need a Tablet on my coming birthday and it is final now,a big "NO" to cheap tablets!
And its also final that i will continue using my Galaxy Y!So instead of upgrading my cell,i will buy a Tablet.
Now,the tablet i want is should have a good camera(lens quality matters a lot to me)5/8mp will do.
USB devices like Pen drives etc..
HDMI(important)
I will use it for gaming,e-book reading and pics(ahh...i just love 'em:-D)
Any O/S platform-either Windows,MAC or even Android.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Ipad 2
Galaxy Tab (2?)
Iball Slider (Has USB Port inbuilt)
Acer Iconia (Has USB Port inbuilt)

I don't think you can get one which has a USB port + a 5/8MP Camera (Tablets aren't camera phone replacements, so rare to find one which has a killer camera)
Consider an Iball slide +PS3 :p

Empirial

Youngling
Sony Tablet S 3G (Rocks With ICS Update) & Samsung Galaxy Tab 680 (was available for 28.5k via online retailers but is Out of Stock now).

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Sony Tablet S 3G (Rocks With ICS Update) & Samsung Galaxy Tab 680 (was available for 28.5k via online retailers but is Out of Stock now).

Samsung GALAXY TAB 7.7 P680_Android 3.2_1GB Ram_16GB ROM_1.4GHz Dual Core_Tablet | eBay

Samsung Tablet....

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
Ipad 2
Galaxy Tab (2?)
Iball Slider (Has USB Port inbuilt)
Acer Iconia (Has USB Port inbuilt)

I don't think you can get one which has a USB port + a 5/8MP Camera (Tablets aren't camera phone replacements, so rare to find one which has a killer camera)
Consider an Iball slide +PS3 :p
You mentioned Ipad right?
And you also say that a tablet with USB port and and 5Mp camera is hard to find!
Well..
Ipad does have 5Mp Cam and a USB port too,by some google search i was able to find that it's mini usb type b can actually detect Pen Drives etc..

Can sony beat Ipad 3?Also, i found that HDMI port is not there in Sony S Tablet.

Samsung GALAXY TAB 7.7 P680_Android 3.2_1GB Ram_16GB ROM_1.4GHz Dual Core_Tablet | eBay

Samsung Tablet....

It's a good tablet,but it has only 3 Mp cam:|

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
You mentioned Ipad right?
And you also say that a tablet with USB port and and 5Mp camera is hard to find!
Well..
Ipad does have 5Mp Cam and a USB port too,by some google search i was able to find that it's mini usb type b can actually detect Pen Drives etc..

Ipad 3 has a 5MP Cam, prices start 30,500 as per Apple India's website, that too for a 16GB Model (I'm sure its a wifi only model?) which isn't so cool as you are dependent on wifi for internet.

Out of the Box, an Ipad cannot accept USB connections, the Google search you did, you'll have to shell some extra cash to get a hardware that lets you smush in a USB drive in your Ipad, not sure how much it costs but 2k+ for sure if you buy genuine stuff, maybe a paltry 500 bucks for china maal thing

Can sony beat Ipad 3?Also, i found that HDMI port is not there in Sony S Tablet.

Nope it cannot, also decide your OS, Android and Ios are like BMW and Harley Davidson (Both best in class, but serving a different niche completely)

If you can take a trial of the tablets by visiting some shop which has demo devices, I'd advise you to do this exercise.

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
I would really like to go with Ipad 3 then,has it any disadvantage over Android?
And,i have heard that sony products..they do reduce red eye effect;as my jiju and sis both have Iphone 4S,whenever they come i play with that Iphone:D but it produces red eye effect,hope this red eye effect is also there on Ipad too.
So,should i consider buying Ipad 3?

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes you can buy the new ipad aka ipad 3, and remember that it doesn't have a USB port, you have to buy an extra connector if you want to connect your usb devices to it.
And also it doesn't have a HDMI port.
Otherwise its the best tablet out there.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
its the new iPad for u!!!!
alternatively,have a look @ the sony tablet s since u already own an android fone...

and d best part is Sony Tablet S is getting ICS!!!!:-D

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
@Anant and rahulpv102,but ipad 3 aur sony dono mein hi HDMI port nhi hai :(

Boss, are you buying a tablet just for the sake of an HDMI port? (If yes, bad Idea)

Ios has many advantages and disadvantages over android, can't list them all as am not too deep into technicals. If you already have an android, better buy an Ios.

As far as the red eye effect goes, there are apps available to correct the images on the ipad itself.

Ipad won't ever lag or crash (I've never experience it in 2 months of usage), Android we all know :D.

Its your call now.

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
Ok,so finally i have finally decided to go with Ipad,but is there any connector available that will convert composite Av cable to HDMI?
And ya,i know there are Apps available to correct red eye effect in images,but can this effect be removed in videos too(just a question)
And ya we all know..android toh zzzzzzzzzz...kabhi bhi freeze ho jata hai aur vo bhi us freezing problem ko khatam karne k liye only two options:report the problem or Force close the program :p

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Ok,so finally i have finally decided to go with Ipad,but is there any connector available that will convert composite Av cable to HDMI?
And ya,i know there are Apps available to correct red eye effect in images,but can this effect be removed in videos too(just a question)
And ya we all know..android toh zzzzzzzzzz...kabhi bhi freeze ho jata hai aur vo bhi us freezing problem ko khatam karne k liye only two options:report the problem or Force close the program :p

Ipad to HDMI (This should help) - How to connect your iPad 2 to your TV with HDMI

As far as red eye video effects - I don't record any videos so can't comment.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
@montsa007,thanks for the link :)
btw are you sure this link is helpful for ipad 3 too?

I have no idea mate, using an Ipad 2 mostly for reading books or listening to music and casual browsing, nothing else. Never tried to do any special itch by external appliances ;)

A google search would help imo, if not an ebay.com search will definately help.

tkin

Back to school!!
Go for Amazon Kindle Fire. Worth the 15k.

PS: You won't get a good cam in a tablet anyway, buy a good smartphone(with a good cam) with the rest of the money you save.

Like this, Kindle fire(15k)+HTC One V/Sony Xperia U/SOLA=30k -> Profit.

This combo will give you everything you need.

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
Can i know wht the cam would be good in smartphone and not in Tablet?
and about kindle,i will never buy it because i simply don't like it.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
@tkin

Nobody wants to carry loads of devices just because 1 has a good camera and other has godlike sound while the next one has many games. Not to forget each device will have its own battery....

Kindle Fire is an Android based tablet, Android's cons are already listed by the Thread OP.

tkin

Back to school!!
Can i know wht the cam would be good in smartphone and not in Tablet?
and about kindle,i will never buy it because i simply don't like it.
Because most tablet users also carry a smartphone and no one with a tablet will use it for taking serious pics, too big to handle like a cam.

Top Bottom