Need a suggestion for entry level graphic card!

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hey guys!
Ive been out of touch with digit for 1 whole year cuz now Im in 10th
*sigh*
I have no idea what new grapfic cards were launched after the 200 series from NVidea or ATI

So ..
THE Q>;
I need an entry level graphic card using which I can play old games such as
Call Of Duty 4, Crysis(if possible, playing at med settings would do)
and watch HD movies connecting it to my LCD after my 10th exams
although I dont want to spend much cuz ill be taking up non-med and honestly I wont have time to play
so..

My budget ; 3-4k
My config;
ASUS - P5N-MX
Core 2 Duo E7200 (overclocked to 3ghz)
2 gb RAM

and do I need to change my MOBO? Or my PSU? (Basic Mercury PSU 400W)
:unsure:

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
for how much can I get a Zotac 9600 GT ECO?

And pls answer my other q. too
do I need to change my MOBO? Or my PSU? (Basic Mercury PSU 400W)
my motherboard has a PCI Express 16 1.0
:sad:
I hope the 1.0 wont reduce performance or act as a bottle neck for the card as , all the new cards i see online are 2.0/1/1 compatible

Last edited:

deep92

Dare To Be Naive.
hd 5450 is a very basic card.it draws power from your pci-e lane alone.you do not need to change your mobo or your psu.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
try HD5570 512Mb/1Gb DDR3 from SMC, if you don't mind buying online or locally (if you reside in Delhi).

no, PCIe 1.0 won't bottleneck. at least won't bottleneck any entry level or midrange cards.

abirthedevil

In the zone
whats the resolution of your monitor?

anyhow in the 4k range i suggest 5670 512mb Sapphire HD 5670 512MB GDDR5 Graphic Card ? Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India if gaming is your priority but i dont think you should use it with that psu with your oc'ed processor i dont know if that psu will hold up with any card

whats the resolution of your monitor?

anyhow in the 4k range i suggest 5670 512mb Sapphire HD 5670 512MB GDDR5 Graphic Card ? Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India if gaming is your priority but i dont think you should use it with that psu with your oc'ed processor i dont know if that psu will hold up with any card

Last edited:

somulesnar

Journeyman
in the budgett of 4k u can get atiradeon hd 5450.
but if u can go a little further u can go for hd 5670 which costs around 4.3-4.5
and gives bottle necked performance in most games.

take decisons carefully. i wud soon send alink to prove this.

Piyush

Lanaya
what HD5650? 5650 is suppose to a mobile graphics. where you found it for retail :?

is it?
quite a long time ago i asked for its price
never knew that it was for notebooks
neither any shopkeeper corrected me
thanks for pointing this blunder mistake

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
is it?
quite a long time ago i asked for its price
never knew that it was for notebooks
neither any shopkeeper corrected me
thanks for pointing this blunder mistake

yes, i never seen a HD5650 review or retail. even a google image search only resulted in many laptops (that may have HD5650).

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
HD 5650 is a mobility version and there is no desktop HD 5650. Mobility radeon HD 5650 is a desktop Hd 5670 with lower GPU and memory clock and packed with GDDR3 memory compared to GDDR5 of Hd 5670.

Acer 5740G Core i5 version is having this one. Pretty good for gaming @ 1366X768 resolution.

Piyush

Lanaya
HD 5650 is a mobility version and there is no desktop HD 5650. Mobility radeon HD 5650 is a desktop Hd 5670 with lower GPU and memory clock and packed with GDDR3 memory compared to GDDR5 of Hd 5670.

Acer 5740G Core i5 version is having this one. Pretty good for gaming @ 1366X768 resolution.

thanks for info clius
and whats the price of that lappy?
must be 40k+

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hey guys...
Umm okay Thanx a TON
I have a 19 inch DELL monitor resolution;1440x900
Thanx guys... any suggestions from NVidea ?
Hows 9600 ECO from Zotac?

^^ lynx price is exclude of tax & shipping charges, while SMC's includes both.
Whats SMC? :/
I live in Chandigarh

And I hope ill be able to play a lil old games like crysis/farcry2/assassins creed

and ya i do like to connect my pc to the lcd to watch movies

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
thanks for info clius
and whats the price of that lappy?
must be 40k+

No Man.. Acer offers better lappy in lower price. Two of my friends have bought this lappy after my suggestion... almost 1 year ago. That time the price was 42K. In fact in Kolkata it was launched @ 43K.
Right now the lappy is not there, replaced by HD 5745G.

It was having Core i5 430, 4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz, 500 GB 5400 rpm HDD, full keyboard,HD 5650 1 GB GDDR3 with more than 3 hours of battery backup for normal use.

Top Bottom