Need a Smartphone @ 10k..

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Is xperia u upgradeable to jelly bean?? Pls tell abt the build quality of the Lenovo P770.. Specs are good.

Build quality of P770 is very good and IMO it's a better choice over U as U has only 6 GB of storage which is not expandable.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Get the Huawei G510.

Serioulsy IMO its not worth spending 3k more on this phone. Y300 can serve the purpose.

@gearbox thanks for the info. Can you pls tell me abt the build quality of P770

Please check*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/150741-mobile-buying-guide-april-2013-a-28.html for NIGHTMARE's Post

Recently my friend bought three Lenovo P770 the phone pretty good comparing to this price range. Earlier I asked about this phone but seems to nobody purchase it.

*Battery backup is fantastic.
*Lenovo Touchwiz is well customize for dual sim mode.
*Screen quality is also good.
*3G work fine. No issue.
*Build Quality is better than Samsung.

Build quality is far better than Samsung phones. I hope laptop Lenovo service is also provide the warranty which is 1 Km from my home.
Well he bought from sulekha @13525. Yes you can buy from ebay if get the coupon because ebay price are always high.

OP
Sainatarajan

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Thanks ZTR andsandynator , so the only Choice is Lenovo P770 for vfm .... Going to check the local shops if it is available..... Will post info of other mobiles when I go there...

Guys what is the difference between a Mediatek Powered Cortex A9 and Qualcomm Powered Cortex A9 ? Is there any performance difference?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Thanks ZTR andsandynator , so the only Choice is Lenovo P770 for vfm .... Going to check the local shops if it is available..... Will post info of other mobiles when I go there...

Guys what is the difference between a Mediatek Powered Cortex A9 and Qualcomm Powered Cortex A9 ? Is there any performance difference?

Mostly GPU difference. Performance could be almost similar, because both Mediatek and Qualcomm use Cortex A9 designs provided by ARM holdings. So, performance does not vary much. But included GPU could be different.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

qualcomm doesn't have any Cortex A8/A9/A15 in their product lineup. only Cortex A5/A7 and rest are their in house processor designs (Scorpion & Krait).

A5 vs A9;
A9 is easily 50% faster.
GPU (SGX531 in Mediatek) in A9 is lot better than in A5 (Adreno 200/203 in Qualcomm)
A9 is power hungry and generates more heat.

OP
Sainatarajan

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Thanks guys. But one thing I want to know is that Micromax uses Mediatek and other branded phones uses others , so why is the desi phones are cheap whereas the branded Ones cost a lot more?...

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
So both have the same build quality ?? But I have seen more complaints with Micromax from many people than other branded mobiles users , is it due to the build quality?

Yes...giants like nokia, sony, samsung and others spend hard in time as well as in money to make quality product..their battery life, screen quality, cam quality and overall build quality are way ahead than those desi phones..but micromax seemed promising since last year with making good vfm products..still fingers are crossed at least for me..

Inceptionist

Journeyman
So both have the same build quality ?? But I have seen more complaints with Micromax from many people than other branded mobiles users , is it due to the build quality?

Yeah, also these phones are prone to very early wear and tear.
The quality of screen is also very poor compared to phones of HTC or Sony.

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
@OP hey did u bought , which one and if its p770 let us know ur impressions , i am also eying on the same

OP
Sainatarajan

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
No , I have not yet bought anything. But I am getting confused day by day .

Will there be any new mobiles coming up in my price range??

rahul newbi

Right off the assembly line
best option nokia lumia 520. it can play 720p hd videos very well and also have Scratch-resistant glass.
it is the best choice under ur 10k category:)

Shah

Cyborg Agent
The thing that confuses me most is to go with windows or android ! Which would be better for my needs??

It's up to you to decide. Just mention your usage and what you expect from your smartphone. Then, we can give suggestion of a OS. FYI, If you want to mess up with the UI and ROM, go get an Android smartphone. If you want a smartphone that actually works without any lags, go for WP8.

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
Why not get a Xolo q800. Highly positive reviews from most users at flipkart.com. XOLO Q800 - Buy XOLO Q800 Online at Best Prices in India - XOLO: Flipkart.com

Top Bottom