Need a phone within 13k!!

masterkd

Padawan
1. Budget 13k
2. Display type and size?Capacitive Touch and screen as big as possible
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?None
5. What camera option you want? no choice
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). strictly android
7. Preferred connectivity options 3G n Wifi
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc).multimedia,Internet
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Motorola Defy is overbudget,was thinking about HTC wildfire S and Samsung Ace S5830

Anyway is Motorola service is good?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
also check Motorola Fire XT but remember moto is lame when it comes to updates. if update (ICS) is important, nothing beats HTC. but XT has front cam i think.

my pick is Ace. with Android, bigger screen the better. but has really less ram. gsmarena list it as only 280Mb.

akshat2112

Ready to help
I also wanted to ask EXACTLY the same question in the forums, then saw this and thought against creating a new thread :)

So, I did a lot of reading on the net and then (as everyone else) narrowed it down to HTC Wildfire S, Samsung Galaxy Ace, and Motorola Defy.

These are my views:
Wildfire S : It has only a 600 MHz processor! I really don't think it can handle heavy apps well.
Galaxy Ace : The screen resolution is low (480x320) as compared to others in the same price range. Also, the camera's video quality sucks.
Defy : Still on Android 2.2 (Froyo). Also, from user opinions, it doesn't have a great battery life.

As of now, I'm considering buying Defy, although it is the costliest among them (and a little over budget). But it seems like its worth it :)

ritvij

rated R
+1 to neoV but if you are okay with slider qwerty and small screen 3" then go for Sony mini pro.. great price and good hardware.. check ebay for the best deal or buy from letsbuy using the coupon code AMEXLB

akshat2112

Ready to help
Okay, apparently, I had missed the Neo V somehow. It looks really great!
Can anyone please help me with finding the cheapest 1? Its for 17000 on flipkart

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
@ ↑

Use coupon "LB5POFF" on letsbuy and get 5% OFF.... i think its the cheapest at the moment.....

aroraanant

Explorer
Defy is a good phone but quite an old now.
I would also suggest you to go for Neo V if you can extend your budget

thegodsend

Right off the assembly line
I also have the exact same question/dilemma, have been searching for the best deal below 13k for 2 weeks now. I've researched the 10-15k bracket THOROUGHLY (yes seriously thoroughly :p) on the net and here's what I have so far.

in 10-13k, serious contenders would be xperia mini and samsung galaxy ace. that's it. wildfire s is seriously underpowered (why go for wildfire s when you have the new htc explorer, a very good and newer set with very similar specs at 9-10k?)
I was all for defy in the beginning too, but with just android 2.2 (unless you do the cyanogen mod thingy which i'm assuming you won't) it doesn't match up, esp with the prices of defy+ falling so low (abt 16k best price online now). defy+ is better but again for ~16k you have much better spec'd options like xperia neo V and xperia ray.

Anyways, I've boiled it down to two:
1) Xperia Mini ST15i (best price at the mo: 11k -@Timtara with coupon code YR2011)
this is my default choice at present. it has the best hardware in this range by far (1 GHz processor, 512MB ram, 320MB internal memory,decent 5MP cam, does 720p HD video, great screen pixel density of 192ppi with the bravia display engine {otherwise found on higher end SE models}).
very big bonus: is confirmed to be updated to android 4.0 ICS
only things going against it are the small screen (3 in) and somewhat drab battery life.
ofcourse there's the mini pro with the qwerty and front facing cam but i don't see the point of paying 2/2.5k extra for just that, esp when it makes the phone much thicker and heavier.

2) Galaxy Ace (best price at the mo: 11.6k- @Koovs with coupon code koovsocial3-but be quick with this one, may expire soon)
strong contender in this category, single biggest plus being the big 3.5 in screen (which is a gorilla glass display btw), and also better battery life wrt the mini/mini pro. looks similar to iphone 4.
But gets dragged down by older hardware. Has 800MHz processor, ~200MB RAM and somewhat similar ROM. also it's android 2.2 by default but i guess it can update to 2.3 maybe, but 4.0 is out of question

About other slightly higher range phones, there's the defy+ as i said @16k, not a bad choice, and there's the neo V and galaxy S at ~15.5k (koovs again, both great deals). sadly my budget is strictly 13k, so these are out of reach (atleast for now :-| )

Hope this helps... :wave:

I've decided to wait till the christmas/new year week when i guess many new offers will be seen...but then some people are saying with the rupee getting weaker the price of cellphones may rise in the near future. this is really confusing, so guys please help me out here.... :?:duh2: what do i do?

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
Xperia mini has a 3" display...And one not should go for an android phone with less than 3.5" display.
And if we talk about galaxy Ace then Defy is far better than it and it is not worth for 12k,it should be priced for 9k or so

thegodsend

Right off the assembly line
^^^^
Xperia mini has a 3" display...And one not should go for an android phone with less than 3.5" display.
And if we talk about galaxy Ace then Defy is far better than it and it is not worth for 12k,it should be priced for 9k or so

Everyone has their preferences...some people want a small but powerful device with all the android goodness, the xperia mini is perfect in this case. It does not sacrifice functionality in the least despite its diminutive size and makes the most of what it has to work with. It's all about what works for you. :thumbs:

Top Bottom