Need a phone for around 20-22K. Max 23K

OP
M

MeegoHarmattan

Right off the assembly line
@ Omi,thanks for the comparison....But i wont be going for the Optimus2x as music quality is of top priority and I dont like LG as a brand for phones(personal preference)....

@ Sarath.....Just checked your silver arc pics.....LOoks Stunning!!..GG...I'll get the silver too:)...

I'm getting it from letsbuy for 23.9K as the price is 1.2K more in the market...Is it okay buying from letsbuy?

Empirial

Youngling
A friend of mine bought Lg Optimus Black. I found the sound quality to be as good as Nokia phones but those bundled Lg IEM s**ks!

kbar1

Journeyman
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc now just Rs. 23,790. - Sulekha Offers

Arc @ 23790

LG Optimus 2X P990 for just Rs. 23,309. - Sulekha Offers

LG Optimus 2x @ 23390 (ICS update officially announced)

This phone anytime beats the arc in performance. It is one of the 1st dual core mobile to come
Advantages over arc:

Speed/zippy interface (beats it hands down)
ICS (next upgrade of android confirmed)
8GB internal (arc has 320 mb)
More community support
Better graphic processor (better gaming than arc)
Better camera Full HD(1080p) recording in 2x compared to 720p in arc
Gorilla Glass (arc has a scratch resistant glass not a gorilla)
Gyro sensor

Advantages of arc over optimus:
Sony (brand)
Looks.

I am suggesting you to get a Dual crore for 2x is just coz android is some much more fun with it.
Agreed android can run from 600mhz processor too, but the true fun starts with dual core,
Interface becomes buttery smooth, no lag on opening apps, more efficient Multitasking
HD gaming 1080p recording and a little bit of future proofing

LG update track record is horrible. 2x got 2.3 just this month. Ics confirmed, but going by the trend, it will be quite late .

vulpine

Broken In
As music is a priority,stay away from htc.Even a 2k nokia is better in the music department.
As a matter of fact,except for galaxy s,nexus s and couple of SE phones,all android phones(specially from htc)is junk as music players.
You are better off with a SE android.
I myself will never buy another htc in near future.

I wonder if you have ever used any latest HTC!!!
After having used Desire S for more than a month, I can say that music quality is way better than you made it out to be.
I primarily use my iPod Touch for music. But some times I listen to on HTC. The music quality is as good as iPod. On selecting SRS enhancement it only gets much better.
I am yet to try the Sensation's BEATS audio mod available for desire S.
If I rate iPod quality as 9.5/10 then I will give a healthy 9/10 for my desire S.

And not to forget the Sense music player UI is the best among Androids and cover flow is very smoooth.

ujjwal321

Journeyman
If music is your preference then go for Nexus S or Galaxy S. both phone have the same audio chip.. From my personal experience I have compared the sound from Galaxy S and Iphone 4 plenty of times.. Galaxy S always sounds better than iphone 4..
so if music quality is your main concern look nowhere else..

ajayritik

Technomancer
Ujjwal sorry for being noob there are lots of Samsung Models available. Can you give more details about Galaxy S? Which model is this?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about Samsung Galaxy S Plus? Currently it is below 21k @ adexmart.

kbar1

Journeyman
How about Samsung Galaxy S Plus? Currently it is below 21k @ adexmart.

Yes i second that. Performance wise that's the fastest single core phone you can get.

Its gpu is relatively underpowered though. The adreno 205 should have been replaced by a powervr sgx540. Still, its not bad.

ajayritik

Technomancer
galaxy S i9000 or nexus S.. they both have exceptional sound quality..

Can you tell me how much would be the price for this model?galaxy S i9000

There are two Samsung Galaxy models available between 15k-20k. Getting confused between both.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Galaxy S i9000 is not available anywhere afaik. May try ebay. There's 2 model available currently: Galaxy S L i9003 & Galaxy S Plus i9001. The former is around 17k and the later is 21-22k. Feature wise i9001 worth the extra money (extra storage, S Amoled screen, better CPU, Android 2.3), but i9003 S L has a better GPU (arguably).

Take your pick. Even I'm confused for over a month now. May be you can help. ;)

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'm getting confused visiting so many stores. I think I saw two models one which said is9003 and the other which said Samsung Galaxy Plus it didnt have any numbers etc like the former.

red dragon

Master troll
I wonder if you have ever used any latest HTC!!!
After having used Desire S for more than a month, I can say that music quality is way better than you made it out to be.
I primarily use my iPod Touch for music. But some times I listen to on HTC. The music quality is as good as iPod. On selecting SRS enhancement it only gets much better.
I am yet to try the Sensation's BEATS audio mod available for desire S.
If I rate iPod quality as 9.5/10 then I will give a healthy 9/10 for my desire S.

And not to forget the Sense music player UI is the best among Androids and cover flow is very smoooth.

Buy a decent pair of iems and report back.
In my scale if ipod touch gets 8/10,htc will get 5.5/10.
We are talking about sound quality not the u.i of the player.

pentiumlover

Broken In
Gsm arena was complaining about it in their i9001 review, so i guess its true.

SGX 530 is better than adreno 200 .
SGX 530 is inferior to adreno 205.
SGX 540 is better than adreno 205 though.

so adreno 200 << sgx 530 << adreno 205 << sgx 540.

Sgx 530 cannot play some current gen games like gangster games smoothly

With adreno 205 current gen games would not be laggy , SGX 540 is more future proof .

Look for Galaxy S(i9000) or nexus if you want a gaming phone. Otherwise for present games a neo V , Galaxy s plus (i9001) is more than enough.

Galaxy sl (SGX530) not recommended for gaming .

Last edited:

kbar1

Journeyman
You're right. My bad. Gsm arena was comparing sgx540 on the original galaxy s (i9000) to adreno 205, not sgx530.

saurigr8

Broken In
I am Using Galaxy S 1 and very much happy with the performance but not happy with Music Player .. . Soon Upgrade myself with I Phone 4S...:wink:

Top Bottom