Need a new pair of earphones under Rs. 5000

aniket.cain

Padawan
Hi,

I want to buy a new pair of earphones (no headphones). I have a Sennheiser CX300-II and I wanto an upgrade to a better set. I need properly balanced sound and I'll be using it with my iPod as well as my N8. My budget is a maximum of 5000 rupees.

Thanks.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Check Klipsch S4. One heck of an in-ear headset it is :)

Image S4 Headphones - In Ear Headphones, Stereo Headphones, Earphones, Earbuds - Free Shipping - 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee - Overview

Also check Brainwavz M2, M3 and Head-Direct RE0.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Where do you even get these stuff??Best you'll ever get at my place are either SONY/Creative!!When the shop guys over here hear "Sennheiser" they go "ummmm....WHAT??"!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Where do you even get these stuff??Best you'll ever get at my place are either SONY/Creative!!When the shop guys over here hear "Sennheiser" they go "ummmm....WHAT??"!!

Order online. ebay, lynx-india. If you live in places like Bangalore or Mumbia, check stores that sell pro audio gear. Even stores like Reliance Digital, Apple store sell some very good earphones though they sell it for high pricetag.

OP
aniket.cain

aniket.cain

Padawan
I live in chennai and I would prefer to buy from a shop here rather than online. Where can i get klipsch ear phones in chennai? I would order online as a last option.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Ummm. So which models should i consider? Any more options?

Trust me, the more models you check the more confused you will get. S4, RE-0 and M2/M3 are popular and liked by many. You can go to head-fi.org to get listiing of top in-ear headphones.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
+1 for Klipsch S4.. I was never convinced with the build quality of HeadDirect earphones..

aditya_v

Broken In
I own a RE-Zero (not same as RE-0) and my friend owns a S4.
I bought RE-ZEROs from Lynx-india.

Comparisions

1) re midrange and clarity is unmatched. Its the 1st time I can hear shaan gasping for breath in "kuchh kum", abhijeet's Sawant's wavering voice (sounds stupid) and Rahat fateh Ali Khan's excellence.
Drums are best on Re -zero's. specially for cymbals.

2) There is a lot of base in S4. more than RE-ZEROs.

As you can conclude, I love my Re-ZEROs. But on the contrary, my friend likes S4 more. This is due to the fact that he loves base, while I like clarity.

I would say find your preference, if it's base, then S4. If you like clarity, then Re-ZEROs

OP
aniket.cain

aniket.cain

Padawan
Got my Brainwavz M3 IEMs delivered today from Hong Kong.
Man, it sounds awesome. The bass is a bit low for my liking, but that might be due to incorrect size of tips. None of them fit me perfectly. However, the clarity in mid and upper frequencies is mind blowing. I can notice instruments in songs I never knew were there. And I thought my earlier Sennheiser CX 300 II were good...

OP
aniket.cain

aniket.cain

Padawan
I was a little disappointed with the bass of Brainwavz, so today I bought Klipsch Image S4. Now the bass problem is solved, but Brainwavz has got much better clarity and soundstage. S4 also hisses a bit in higher frequencies. Maybe it will improve a bit with burn-in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed now.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I was a little disappointed with the bass of Brainwavz, so today I bought Klipsch Image S4. Now the bass problem is solved, but Brainwavz has got much better clarity and soundstage. S4 also hisses a bit in higher frequencies. Maybe it will improve a bit with burn-in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed now.

yes. let them burn-in and you will get better clarity.

lordirecto

In the zone
@aniket: Can you tell me a few songs in which you found the bass of Brainwavz M3 lacking?

@varDOS: I need to know how M2 performs in comparison to Senheisser CX 200, as that is the earphones I have as of now.

Rohitt

Broken In
Check Klipsch S4. One heck of an in-ear headset it is :)

Image S4 Headphones - In Ear Headphones, Stereo Headphones, Earphones, Earbuds - Free Shipping - 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee - Overview

Also check Brainwavz M2, M3 and Head-Direct RE0.

Where can I get a genuine RE-Zero in bangalore ? Do Lynx-india have cash on delivery option if I want to purchase on-line?

Last edited:
Top Bottom