Need a mulitmedia phone for 6000 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewin

Point Blanc
just to confirm the specs *www.mobile-review.com/phonemodels/nokia/nokia-6233-en.shtml

I bought K550i though considering the internal memory and it being a new phone, in exchange for my Nokia 2310i, costed me Rs 6500 2 months back, I hadnt noticed that 6233 has A2DP also, heehe, but anyways I like my phone.

and also reviews can be checked on GSM or mobile-review.
And I got special dislike for joystick you will not find them good for long use

Last edited:

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
IMHO, 6233 is better than K750i

1) 6233's D-pad and keypad are better than K750i's joystick and keypad
2) 6233 has EDGE and better signal reception
3) 6233 supports MicroSD which means buying additional memory is cheaper when compared to M2 of K750i
4) 6233 has faster UI
5) Stereo loud speaker in 6233 sounds lot better than K750i's single speaker
6) 6233 has A2DP which means you can use stereo bluetooth headphones
7) 6233 has monster battery
1. agreed
2. agreed
3. k750i supports memory stick pro duo
4. in my opinion sony ericsson has faster menu navigation than nokia
5. no idea about this
6. that is only available with 6233 ME and latest firmwares

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
4. in my opinion sony ericsson has faster menu navigation than nokia

In general, SE has faser UI, but Nokia upped the ante with 6233. It's superfast, thanks to it's powerful components. Whatever it does, it does to perfection. You cannot get a better phone at this price.

acewin

Point Blanc
@girish.g

Wrote that A2DP is only with 6233 ME !!!

I am confused !!! :(

I too am not sure about this, but I see on net people say that there is 512 MB mem card in ME otherwise no difference. also heard normal 6233 comes in 5 colors.
About K550i, I really can say its key pad is good enough for anyone, I too had same issue in thought but after a week of operability I see its real good. And desibond if compare keypads like then you will find really very less perfect keypad because larger spacy keypads are considred best and 6233 wont come in that, though it has decent workable keypad.

I am not for any fight of fones but really I would say now any mobile company should give all basic connectivity options even in basic phones, like W200i which lacks bluetooth but 3110 has all. A low end user still doesnt has many options, all are just workable.

harsha

Broken In
I too am not sure about this, but I see on net people say that there is 512 MB mem card in ME otherwise no difference

Its utter confusion :lol: did u mean putting a 512 MB card would activate A2DP :lol: ????

acewin

Point Blanc
I am really sorry to inform you all, 6233 doesnt has A2DP, but specs for 6233ME which is what found everywhere is what which shows A2DP, I checked mobile-review.com, didnt had time earlier to read all the review stuff, they clearly say it doesnt has A2DP(though in review havent written about 6233 and not 6233 ME)*www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-6233-en.shtml this review is dated [02/08/06]

I latter checked specs in mobile88 also showing A2DP as null.
*www.mobile88.com/mobilegallery/specification.asp?pg=spec&prodid=887&cat=1

Then comes wikipedia where it says about Nokia 6233 Music Edition*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_6233

Dubbed "Music Edition", this special white version of the Nokia 6233 is sold in Asian Pacific regions. It supports A2DP Bluetooth profile, meaning it is compatible with stereo Bluetooth headsets, providing better audio fidelity.[1] This edition is sold with a larger MicroSD card (512MB instead of 64MB) and a speaker dock with a USB connection to a PC.

Had to did so much searching for it heehe, but still its one of the best phones in that range.

harsha

Broken In
acewin said:
Then comes wikipedia where it says about Nokia 6233 Music Editionhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_6233

Dubbed "Music Edition", this special white version of the Nokia 6233 is sold in Asian Pacific regions. It supports A2DP Bluetooth profile, meaning it is compatible with stereo Bluetooth headsets, providing better audio fidelity.[1] This edition is sold with a larger MicroSD card (512MB instead of 64MB) and a speaker dock with a USB connection to a PC.

Had to did so much searching for it heehe, but still its one of the best phones in that range.

Really thanks for your time to do the searching :) for me, can you please tell me how much is the cost of 6233 ME ??

desiibond said:
a2dp can be activated in 6233 non-music edition by updating the firmware version to 4.91 or newer!)

Can I have any link which can describe in details about this Firmware upgrade :)

aari10

Right off the assembly line
guys, i lost ma active sync CD, can u plse help me out in finding one for me, any link where i can download the sofware, im having windows mobile 2003 second edition. thanks

harsha

Broken In
guys, i lost ma active sync CD, can u plse help me out in finding one for me, any link where i can download the sofware, im having windows mobile 2003 second edition. thanks

please create a new thread for your question :) thank you,

By the way, frnds, whats the data cable type which to b used with Nokia 6233 or Nokia 6233 ME ?? DKU 2 / DKU 5 / or the new miniUSB port ??

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
good news, even better. If it can be activated, next time I have to get a budget phone this is what I am going for.
Price 6233-7.2k @krazyfrog's Latest Mobile Price Thread.

@Harsha, normal 6233 would be better and then going for firmware upgrade.

Price from Nokia 6233 - 6750 INR *www.price-list.110mb.com/pricelist/cellphones/nokia_pricelist.html

@Compareindia site Rs.6800 for 6233 and Rs8800 for 6233 ME

So pricewise normal 6233 with firmware upgrade can help out you get better accessories even a stereo bluetooth headset.

Last edited:

harsha

Broken In
good news, even better. If it can be activated, next time I have to get a budget phone this is what I am going for.
Price 6233-7.2k @krazyfrog's Latest Mobile Price Thread.

@Harsha, normal 6233 would be better and then going for firmware upgrade.

thank you for the information... How ever I dont see any Nokia official DOC mentioning about A2DP on normal version of 6233 :(

However I would go in the market tomorrow :) as thanks for the price, would be easy to bargain !!!

Edburg

In the zone
as io own a normal 6233 i know the ins and outs of this phone....ask me

the normal one dint have A2DP at first when it came out.....so reviews say so....later the formware was updated to 4.93 to add A2DP....now its on 5.6 where music player can be used along with java apps....

the music edition comes in full white and also a speaker dock and a larger memory card....no difference in the core of the mobiles

harsha

Broken In
the normal one dint have A2DP at first when it came out.....so reviews say so....later the formware was updated to 4.93 to add A2DP....now its on 5.6 where music player can be used along with java apps....

the music edition comes in full white and also a speaker dock and a larger memory card....no difference in the core of the mobiles

Glad to Know :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom