Need a mulitmedia phone for 6000 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edburg

In the zone
finally I managed to buy 6233 the Black one !! tell me how do I check the firmware ?? and which cable does it use to connect to computer ??

the phone is heavy :lol:

congrats buddy on ur purchase.....too have the same model and color....

to find firmware type *#0000#

it uses data cable of n70....think its ca-53(dont remember number)...u can get it for ~100-150 in local market

harsha

Broken In
congrats buddy on ur purchase.....too have the same model and color....

Yes took all of your suggestion, and went for it :lol:

u can get it for ~100-150 in local market

Glad to know as I was just about to ask that :lol:

*www.nokia.co.in/MEDIA_BANK_100/R6Accessories/C/CA-70/ca-70_312x312.jpg

Nokia web site shows some thing like, Connectivtiy Cable CA-70....

to find firmware type *#0000#

v05.43
30-03-2007

:(

one year old :cry: do I need firmware upgrade ?? also one more thing, from when the warrenty starts ?? date shown here ?? or from the date when it was 1st activated ?? or the date shown in the Bill ??

sghosh15

Broken In
Hi guys,

I also need a multimedia phone with 6000 bucks urgently. My basic needs are good voice calarity, signal reception, battery bakcup, good music, stereo fm, expandable memory, bluetooth. I am not interested about the cam. I have ended my search, and selected 2 Nokia model, 3500 classic, and 5300 me. I was also interested for 6233 but it is not avilable at Kolkata mkt, also it is a old make, so I dont want it now. I like to know about 3500 classic. How is the set. Can I get a review of this set?

Thanks in advance

sghosh15

Broken In
hey no reply!! I was looking for a review of nokia 3500 classic. I searched the forum but havent got any review of nokia 3500 classic. koi to batao yaar. koit to hoga who is using this set. I m going to buy this set, is it a good buy, or should I go for 5300 xm. My basic requirement is good battery backup, signal reception and setero sound. Is the black model of 5300xm is available at Kolkata? Plssssssssssssss help me its very urgent.............

hey the person said 6000 bucks! ie 1buck = 1 dollar = 39.5 so 6000 bucks = 6000 x 39.5 = 2,37,000 hi hi !!!

Edburg

In the zone
@harsha that one has charger which is not compatible with our port.....so wont be of any use.....better go for one which has only nokia port if it is cheaper....else fine

the current firmware is 5.60 but AFAIK it doesnt have any significant changes from 5.43....so its ur wish to update...as long as u can run music player along with java apps at same time,u r good to go.......

warrenty based on bill purchase date

@sghosh my frnd has that 3500 classic and i feel that in comparison to 6233 it has terrible screen,bad keypad,cam and too girly.....but it does have many features(tho not much as 6233).....

so my advice wud be to increase ur budget if possible and buy 6233

My basic requirement is good battery backup, signal reception and setero sound.

then look no further than 6233....great 1100 mA batttery...it has the best stereo speakers in market but its earphone quality cud improve a bit...

i havent used 5300 so i cant comment on that one...

Last edited:

sghosh15

Broken In
Hi Edburg, thanks for the reply boss. Yesterday I went to nokia priority dealer, and got my dream phone 5300xm full black. It looks very cool..I was not interested in any other ph and bought it immediately. Shall write more about the ph later..

Actually 1 yr ago I was looking for all in one ph I choose 6233, that time it was around 11k. At that time I saw 6300, I was become crazy in its slim look and display and it was also around 11k. I bought 6300 instead of 6233. After few days I realise my choice was bad even wrost. Never seen such worst cam, even my fuji film cam (which was just rs 700) better than it. And the battery life is horrible. I love only its sound quality, its no doubt very good. But couldnot listen too many music, for the battery prob. Also it does not have hanging prob. I have so so experience with 6300.

Now my bro is become crazy for this ph. So I had to buy a new one. This time I have decided I wont go for any hi price set, it med range is good for me, also I m now not interested about cam as I have canon A720is. A good music ph with good battery life would be fine for me. Also I was looking for a sliding ph. Thats why I choose 5300xm. Lets see what happens. vbmenu_register("postmenu_791912", true);

MasterMinds

hell boy
^^^whatever v say about 6300 its screen is best out there yeah yeah i know the screeen is not the phone but..........and we cant play 3gps or mp4s at qvga resolution on this phone and thats very very very sad.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom