Need a little help about custom charges and buying from foreign countries.

srjsrajan

Broken In
Only experienced people are welcome .
Actually i am planning to buy shoes from USA , my friends lives there so he will buy it from there and ship it to india (to my place) , i have read on custom policies that things under 5k will not charge custom if its sent as a gift , i have never done this before so can you guys tell me is it true? And also tell me that if i buy anything from online international sites like aliexpress or amazon then how much will custom charge me? Thanx in advance

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Irrespective of the price, custom can still charge you at will.

Just mark the item as gift. Maybe lower the price too in declaration. Chances are that you won't have to pay the custom.

Also, send it via tracked shipping. Not standard airmail. EMS speed post or private couriers.

Amazon usually calculates the final pricing after reserving amount for custom charges. So you don't have to worry in that case. They can even reimburse the amount if custom charge is lesser than what they reserved from you.

Aliexpress, ask seller to mark it lower and as gift. Most experienced sellers know this when sending to you. Even then you may get charged custom duties.

OP
S

srjsrajan

Broken In
Irrespective of the price, custom can still charge you at will.

Just mark the item as gift. Maybe lower the price too in declaration. Chances are that you won't have to pay the custom.

Also, send it via tracked shipping. Not standard airmail. EMS speed post or private couriers.

Amazon usually calculates the final pricing after reserving amount for custom charges. So you don't have to worry in that case. They can even reimburse the amount if custom charge is lesser than what they reserved from you.

Aliexpress, ask seller to mark it lower and as gift. Most experienced sellers know this when sending to you. Even then you may get charged custom duties.

We can track ems speedpost , my friend will buy shoes from there and ship it to me as a gift , will custom still charge me? If he writes low price of that shoe and sends it as a gift and if its gonna charge then how much will they charge for a 3500rs. shoe.

How to buy from amazon.com if i dont have credit card can you tell me? I really wanna buy many things but i am not able to buy anything from international sites .

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Just use this for no hassles.
PPOBox.com-Shop and Ship from USA, UK and China to India Online

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
We can track ems speedpost , my friend will buy shoes from there and ship it to me as a gift , will custom still charge me? If he writes low price of that shoe and sends it as a gift and if its gonna charge then how much will they charge for a 3500rs. shoe.

How to buy from amazon.com if i dont have credit card can you tell me? I really wanna buy many things but i am not able to buy anything from international sites .

It unlikely that you will get charged for the shoes but there is still a slim chance. How much amount ? I don't know but the most I was ever charged was 1200 rupees.

For Amazon.com, you need to have an international card. Credit cards work all the time. Debit cards may or may not.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I've got loads of stuffs from abroad, maybe I'm lucky, never had to pay customs a penny.
However whatever I buy I request the seller to mark it as 'gift', so that should be the reason. And I'm not sure, but I think anything below 10k is not under customs chargeable area, again, I'm not sure. Please check their site, every material has been mentioned there. I also don't think custom can charge you at will.
So for that shoe, I'm more or less 100% sure you won't have to pay a cent for it.

Top Bottom