Need a Gaming PC , Budget ~ 80K

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
See the bold part...

Here in TDF, "MEGAMIND" has clocked his i5 2500k with Venomous X to 5.4GHz. Highlighting once more, its an AIR COOLED OC-ed BABY.....

ARE YOU SURE GTX 680 GIVES more realistic frame rates in BIGGER SCREENS ???

*www.antifeministtech.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/godzilla_facepalm.jpg

Dude its not BIGGER SCREEN, its higher RESOLUTION. Doesn't matter how big your screen is, when the resolution is just same.
When did I say "GTX 680 GIVES more realistic frame rates in BIGGER SCREENS" ??

Reading comprehension fail much? Read again carefully...

I said "realistically the value of a 680 is justified on a 24inch or higher screen due to the visuals & performance of that card"

...Meaning a 24inch or higher monitor with a native res of 1080p will do much more visual justice to the 670 for gaming, etc...

1080p gaming at 23inch or lower monitor isn't really justified for a 670 card since you're visualizing everything on a much smaller screen size.

GTX 670 is a card meant mainly for 1080p (& higher res) gaming...
You really wanna play games at res of 1080p on a 23 or lower monitors?

Didn't think so... ;)

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@WILDLEGHORN

Originally Posted by WILDLEGHORN View Post
2) 23 inch will be fine...I had 23 inch LED monitor & simply loved it.
No you won't have to move your neck much to look at the screen
But realistically the value of a 680 is justified on a 24inch or higher screen due to the visuals & performance of that card.

When did I say "GTX 680 GIVES more realistic frame rates in BIGGER SCREENS" ??

Reading comprehension fail much? Read again carefully...

I said "realistically the value of a 680 is justified on a 24inch or higher screen due to the visuals & performance of that card"

...Meaning a 24inch or higher monitor with a native res of 1080p will do much more visual justice to the 670 for gaming, etc...

1080p gaming at 23inch or lower monitor isn't really justified for a 670 card since you're visualizing everything on a much smaller screen size.

GTX 670 is a card meant mainly for 1080p (& higher res) gaming...
You really wanna play games at res of 1080p on a 23 or lower monitors?

Didn't think so... ;)

Your comments make no sense.

Screen size preference vary for individuals.
But that doesn't mean that the one who plays a game on a 24" 1080p monitor
would necessarily have a better gameplay experience than one on a 23" or 22" 1080p monitor with same config.
And for many there is not enough of a difference between a 23" and a 24" same resolution monitors.

On performance/visuals side a difference would be realisable only if one goes from a 1080p monitor to a higher resolution like 1600p monitor.
Whether it is a 23" monitor or a 42" monitor if the resolutions are same no change in frame rates would be found for the same config,except the larger screen monitor would have lesser ppi(pixels per inch).

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
+1 to d3p
@OP
See if you can get a monitor with a resolution of around 2500*1600 (it will probably be about 27 inches) that will really utilise your card very well refer to this article's benchmarks to get an idea of how your card (and mine :p ) is pretty much overkill for current games at 1080p.

Can't afford at the moment, I am already over my planned budget.

I am going to get a 23 inch 1980 x 1080, this one:
Dell 23 inch LED - ST2320L Monitor: Flipkart.com

I have never gamed on a PC with >17inch monitor, so 23 should be fine for me for now. If I get a larger monitor sometime later, I will keep in mind that the resolution ought to be higher too.

XtreamGuy

Right off the assembly line
It's 6k costlier than my 2nd option 7870, easily beats it and even the 7970 in most tests, and I believe it will handle all games for atleast 2 years (in other words atleast 1 year longer than the 7870). Doesn't seem like a bad deal for 6k.

Zotac's official website has a list of official zotac retailers. I am going through them right now to see if any of them have the 670 AMP in stock. You guys do the same and share with the rest if you find one in stock.

:?: UPDATE
I am in the final stages and about to place the order.I am thinking of buying whatever I can from just 1 site, Flipkart seems to have almost every component. I have summarised my final problems:

1. Should I get a motherboard out of these, which one and why?

Online Shopping India - Buy Books, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Laptops, Watches & Other Products @ FlipKart

2. The PSU,don't want to take any chances. What's the difference in these two, which one to get? Is the 6k one equally good?

Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2UK 650 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com

OR

Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX650M - 80 PLUS Bronze Certified 650 Watt PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com

3. Cabinet: Corsair 400R is out of stock. Is there an alternative (ON FLIPKART) in the similar price range that has sufficient fans and cable management?

4. I have also decided to add a Optical drive with a DVD writer and a wireless card. Any suggestions or can I go with any generic ones? Also, is a USB wireless adapter as good as a PCI one?

5. Lastly, do I need thermal paste for the CPU? Anything else you reckon I would need to build the PC myself?

If I can get the solutions to ^ these problems, I think I can get everything from Flipkart alone within a week. Again, appreciate the help so much.

Hi Aesir,
There are two models in corsair TX HX series TX is non modular and HX is a modular power supply. In other words its single rail and Multi rail systems-I this regards Antec is much better PSU then Corair..More over They manufacture all Design of their own unlike corsair, which i have come across in the market by one of the person Resellers in the markeet. Refer the link..:shock:

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
Can you make a table of what all you bought from where and the prices? Will be helpful for readers..

yeah sure.

From Flipkart:

Zotac NVIDIA GTX 680 2 GB - Rs. 36570, overpriced I know
Corsair 300R- Rs. 4560
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler - 2101
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB - Rs. 3969
Asus DRW-24B5ST Optical Drive- Rs. 1114
ASUS P8Z77-M PRO Motherboard- Rs. 12932
Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2UK - Rs. 6190
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GBx2- Rs. 3576
Intel i5-2500k - 12.5 k (Local dealer)
Dell ST2320L- 9k (Local Dealer)
TOTAL= 92.5k

Overall I think I could have saved 4-6k total buying from different online stores, but flipkart was the most convenient in many ways.

For others with a similar budget, I suggest that 4k can be saved on the graphics card alone since ZOTAC 670 Amp is in stock presently for 32.5k on flipkart.
But since I have already spent the extra money, I hope to be able to overclock it eventually to make up (to some extent) for the extra money spent. :oops:

Other than that the Corsair 400r is better than the 300r, so go for it, was out of stock when I ordered. I am going to be giving my brother's older desktop at home a makeover too in the next 5-6 months. So I might get a different cabinet and use the 300r for the older PC, if need arises and budget permits .

Other than the extra cost I paid for the GFX card and the cabinet, I think the prices are justified, and this should be a good gaming rig for a couple years, specially to me personally since I am upgrading from playing on a 15.6 inch screen with a 6770m.

I am yet to get my hands on the components, will be visiting home in 3-4 days to build it.

Last edited:

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
yeah sure.

From Flipkart:

Zotac NVIDIA GTX 680 2 GB - Rs. 36570
Corsair 300R- Rs. 4560
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler - 2101
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB - Rs. 3969
Asus DRW-24B5ST Optical Drive- Rs. 1114
ASUS P8Z77-M PRO Motherboard- Rs. 12932
Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2UK - Rs. 6190
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GBx2- Rs. 3576
Intel i5-2500k - 12.5 k (Local dealer)
Dell ST2320L- 9k (Local Dealer)
TOTAL= 92.5k

Overall I think I could have saved 4-6k total buying from different online stores, but flipkart was the most convenient in many ways.

For others with a similar budget, I suggest that 4k can be saved on the graphics card alone since ZOTAC 670 Amp is in stock presently for 32.5k on flipkart.
But since I have already spent the extra money, I hope to be able to overclock it eventually to make up for the extra money spent. :oops:

Other than that the Corsair 400r is better than the 300r, so go for it, was out of stock when I ordered. I am going to be giving my brother's older desktop at home a makeover too in the next 5-6 months. So I might get a different cabinet and use the 300r for the older PC, if need arises and budget permits .

Other than the extra cost I paid for the GFX card and the cabinet, I think the prices are justified, and this should be a good gaming rig for a couple years, specially to me personally since I am upgrading from playing on a 15.6 inch screen with a 6770m.

I am yet to get my hands on the components, will be visiting home in 3-4 days to build it.
Absolutely excellent rig mate... :D
Only thing I can see lacking so far is a blazing fast SSD drive! ;)

sharang.d

Youngling
Nice man.
Veryyyy costly GPU! Anyway don't think much now after buying :p
Congrats on ur purchase. Assemble and OC everything now :lol:

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
Few questions for when I will build it:

1) I am looking at lots of vids and articles on the internet for help on assembling the PC. Regarding the hard drive and optical drive, the power cable comes from the PSU for each. Where will I get the data cable? With the motherboard, or with the drives? Or do I have to buy them separately?

2) I have a couple of old UPSs that work. Only need time for properly shutting PC down. Would an older UPS be enough, or does a 650w PSU somehow need a better PSU? Any risk of damage to PC because of (probably) cheap UPS? Don't know what brand they are.

3) What to do with the new unformatted hard drive? Will I get the option to format (?) the hard drive during windows installation? Any suggestions or tricky parts?

4) Any other general precautions/checklists you can help with are welcome

sharang.d

Youngling
SATA cables generally come with the Motherboard. If you need extra you have to buy them seperately.
Check how many SATA cables you get with ur model of motherboard

Last edited:
OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
SATA cables generally come with the Motherboard. If you need extra you have to buy them seperately.
I think you get 1 cable with the ASUS DVD Drive if you buy that drive i.e

Check how many SATA cables you get with ur model of motherboard

Motherboard is yet to arrive, only component remaining

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
3) When you install windows using the Win 7 dvd, you will get options to create new volume & format it as well. You won't need anything else besides the Win7 OS DVD

1) Generally mobos come with all the SATA cables a typical user needs...but still sometimes you might need to purchase one (in case DVD drive doesn't come with it)

2) You mentioned you have a 650W PSU. Now check what VA the "older" UPS has. If it's 650VA or more you should be OK but I'd recommend a 750VA or higher UPS just give you ample time to shutdown your PC

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
:?:

Thanks^^, seems like common sense but I don't want to take any chances or cause further delay.

Motherboard is yet to arrive, only component remaining

Looks like Flipkart won't be able to deliver the mother board I ordered (ASUS P8Z77-M PRO ). It was in stock (delivered in 6-8 days) when I ordered, now it is out of stock and 7 days have passed, it hasn't been shipped and it only says 'processing'. I enquired and they said they will call me back with details.

I am thinking of cancelling that order if it is not shipped by tomorrow, and either ordering some other mobo that is in stock, or trying to find one locally.

Please suggest some alternatives in ~14k range, preferably in-stock on flipkart.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Here you can go with the following config which is well within your budget and can be considered a PCIE 3.0 Certified Gaming RIG.

CPU Intel Core i5 3570k 15200
MB ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 9500
GPU Sapphire HD7850 2GB DDR5 15500
HDD WD Black 1TB SATA3 6800
CASE Corsair 400R 4000
PSU Corsair GS600 PSU 4000
DVD-RW Asus 24B3ST 1100
RAM Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz 3400
MONITOR Dell 22inch LED - ST2220L 7900
KB COMBO Microsoft Sidewinder X6 + Logietch G400 3350
CPU COOLER CM Hyper 212 Evo 2100
SPEAKERS Logitech Z313 2.1 Spkrs 1650
TOTAL 74500

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
Here you can go with the following config which is well within your budget and can be considered a PCIE 3.0 Certified Gaming RIG.

CPU Intel Core i5 3570k 15200
MB ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 9500
GPU Sapphire HD7850 2GB DDR5 15500
HDD WD Black 1TB SATA3 6800
CASE Corsair 400R 4000
PSU Corsair GS600 PSU 4000
DVD-RW Asus 24B3ST 1100
RAM Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz 3400
MONITOR Dell 22inch LED - ST2220L 7900
KB COMBO Microsoft Sidewinder X6 + Logietch G400 3350
CPU COOLER CM Hyper 212 Evo 2100
SPEAKERS Logitech Z313 2.1 Spkrs 1650
TOTAL 74500

Thanks but if you read the few posts above, I've already received all components except motherboard. Rig on post no. 66.

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
^^You can go for that one too but you won't get onboard GPU with a z68 board like that one + the fact that z68 is old technology atm anyway

Anyway, I checked flipkart for any Z77 mobo that might serve your purpose but didn't really find many decent ones.

Want my advice? Have a look here-
Seven Sub-$160 Z77 Express Motherboards, Reviewed : Seven Affordable Z77 Express-Based Motherboards Get Dissected

Read every single page till the last one carefully & make the decision for yourself.....an intelligent customer is always an informed one!

My suggestion for you- ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

It has received "Tom's hardware approved award" & that's the same mobo that I'm getting from Mdcomputers kolkata myself :D

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^You can go for that one too but you won't get onboard GPU with a z68 board like that one + the fact that z68 is old technology atm anyway
What do you mean by that?Why wont one get onboard gpu with ASUS P8Z68-V?

Last edited:

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door

Anyway, I checked flipkart for any Z77 mobo that might serve your purpose but didn't really find many decent ones.

Want my advice? Have a look here-
Seven Sub-$160 Z77 Express Motherboards, Reviewed : Seven Affordable Z77 Express-Based Motherboards Get Dissected

Read every single page till the last one carefully & make the decision for yourself.....an intelligent customer is always an informed one!

My suggestion for you- ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

It has received "Tom's hardware approved award" & that's the same mobo that I'm getting from Mdcomputers kolkata myself :D

LOL WAT??? ever checked out the board man???????????
as for the asrock....well....good luck overclocking :p

Top Bottom