Need a Gaming PC , Budget ~ 80K

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
LOL WAT??? ever checked out the board man???????????
as for the asrock....well....good luck overclocking :p

Someone please suggest a motherboard. I read around but couldn't comprehend a lot of stuff. Just now I have cancelled my order for the M-pro on Flipkart since they called me to say it will be out of stock for a while.

All the other components have reached and the wait is painful because of the motherboard.

How about ASUS P8Z77-M?

These are the ones on flipkart. Which one to get under 15k that is in stock?

Asus motherboards : Buy in India @ Flipkart.com

d3p

PowerHouse
^^You can go for that one too but you won't get onboard GPU with a z68 board like that one + the fact that z68 is old technology atm anyway

Lol...this time it has reached its HEIGHTS..

*www.doomsteaddiner.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Double-facepalm.jpg

Saumil996

Journeyman
@WILDLEGHORN
Please get your facts right before posting the only difference between a z77 and a z68 board that should concern the OP is native USB 3.0 support that the z77 offers whereas on the z68 board that i have recommended USB 3.0 is supported by Asmedia Chips.
And what onboard memory are you talking about? If you mean the Intel HD 3000 then this motherboard can utilise it in the presence of an external graphics card too because of a nifty little feature called lucid logix virtu MVP.

And if you will read the review posted by you carefully you will see the asrock board compared to the ASUS P8Z77 VLE which is an inferior board than the P8Z77/68 V . While the Asrock is a good board (can't comment on the overclocking though) The P8Z68 V is better

d3p

PowerHouse
Someone please suggest a motherboard. I read around but couldn't comprehend a lot of stuff. Just now I have cancelled my order for the M-pro on Flipkart since they called me to say it will be out of stock for a while.

All the other components have reached and the wait is painful because of the motherboard.

How about ASUS P8Z77-M?

Dude, Are you located in Bangalore ??

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
Dude, Are you located in Bangalore ??

No man, I am in a small town in himachal pradesh. Local dealers haven't got ****. And couriers take atleast 4 days to deliver. That is why I want to order ASAP, so I can get it within 4 days, I have to go on a trip on the 8th for 1 whole week. Would suck to not be able to build it by then.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door

How about ASUS P8Z77-M?

These are the ones on flipkart. Which one to get under 15k that is in stock?

Asus motherboards : Buy in India @ Flipkart.com

• ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com
  • ASUS MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com ----my recommendation....kicks the holy hell out of Asrock POS
  • ASUS P8Z77-V Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com
  • ASUS P8Z77-M Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

Myth

Cyborg Agent
P8z77-m has better heat-sinks over the lx (has none). Lx has more expansion lots.
If budget can be extended, p8z77-v over maximus V gene
Check itwares for lower prices.

After FK failed me, I mailed itwares to ask about their shipping times from mumbai to kol/bbsr for a p8z77-m pro. They said they had the m pro in stock and can ship it in 3-4 days.

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
@sumonpathak
Thanks, 2 are out of stock and I believe I should go with a Z77 mobo rather than z68? Or am I a retard?

@Myth
Maximus V gene and p8z77-V are both 16k+, where as p8z77 is 10k, why so much difference? I don't need a lot of extras, just something to fit the rest of my config.

I am literally going crazy looking at motherboards. Can't keep up with the comparisions and everything. :cry:

Going to order ASUS P8Z77-M Motherboard.

Somebody please tell me it is good enough and compatible with the rest of my rig.

Last edited:
OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
Price difference of 5-6k between which ones? 68s or the previous -v and maximus ?

Is the maximus any good?

Because I ordered it. The only other z77 mobo in stock was the -M, and that does not support SLI and a lot of other features. Reason was that I thought maybe in a few years I will want to run 680 on SLI, plus it has extra USB ports, and better onboard audio, plus it has wi-fi. It also has USB flash option and seems to have a solid build quality.

Bad news is I am leaving on a trip for a week on Wednesday, the mobo was shipped today, probably will reach me on or after tuesday, and I most probably won't be able to assemble it anytime soon.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
u deserve a spanking from me for a comment like that son :D
Maximus is awesome....

lol.

Is the maximus any good?

Because I ordered it. The only other z77 mobo in stock was the -M, and that does not support SLI and a lot of other features. Reason was that I thought maybe in a few years I will want to run 680 on SLI, plus it has extra USB ports, and better onboard audio, plus it has wi-fi. It also has USB flash option and seems to have a solid build quality.

Bad news is I am leaving on a trip for a week on Wednesday, the mobo was shipped today, probably will reach me on or after tuesday, and I most probably won't be able to assemble it anytime soon.

If you have already ordered it then believe that its the best board for you ( true).
All goods things come in good time. :p

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
I realized I have to get a UPS too before assembling.

I have one at home that says 600 . What happens if I use it to run the rig, for a few days only, after that I might get a better UPS ? Mind you the PSU is 650 Watts.

What to look for in a UPS? Only need it for 5 minutes to shut the PC down.
Any good UPS under 4k?

How is the Intex UPS 800VA ? Priced around 3200 locally
Intex Technologies : Computer Peripherals

APC 1100 VA is available for 5600 locally

Do I need to buy, or should I try the old 600 one? (if its is indeed 600 watts)

Also, what's the difference b/w watt and VA?

EDIT: The intex 800VA is actually just 400 watts? And the APC 1100VA is 660 watts.The fuk?

Last edited:
OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
Finally had an awesome time building the rig. Built last night. Since it was my first time building, took me around 5-6 hours just to setup the hardware.

1) Tricky parts were :

Installing the CPU cooler: Used the wrong screws many times, had a hard time deciding the configuration/direction of heatsink and fan, and how to spread the thermal paste. One thing I was worried about was that I could still move the heatsink over the processor after screwing everything very slightly. Tightened again after removing fan but still there was some movement, left it at that. Seems to be okay so far, I am getting temperatures of 28 C Processor and 29 C Mobo in the BIOS, using coretemp the temperatures were ~30-35 idling.

2) Screwing the motherboard in the case took a long time. First, turned out that the Corsair 300R has only 1 standoff and the rest are raised platforms. Then the screws were tiny and hard to screw in, was not confident that it was properly installed. But ultimately saw no other way to install it better.

3) Rest was pretty easy except maybe some hard to reach pins like the CPU suppl power

4) For the UPS, I chose the APC pro 1000. It's only 600 watts but the seller has agreed to provide higher wattage UPS if power is found to be inadequate. It shows the power usage on an LCD display and so far it hasn't gone beyond 350 watts.

So far, I've only been able to test Crysis, Skyrim and Dirt 3, and they run absolutely flawlessly. System is unexpectedly quiet. BIG CHANGE from the 35 fps of a 6770m on a 15.6 inch screen on medium @1152*864 to constant 60+ FPS, everything ultra full AA, AF @ 1080p on a 23 inch screen. Very happy :)

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
Congrats on your new build.

Well. You haven't posted any purchase pics or hardware pics.
Secondly the installation pics or videos.

Now really this build happened or not ??

Top Bottom