Need a Gaming PC , Budget ~ 80K

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
UPDATE: fml Flipkart just increased the cost of ZOTAC 670 AMP from 31.5 k to 34.7 k in front of my eyes wtf?

So what GPU did you end up buying?
Have you placed your order for all of your components?
What did you end up buying? Post your final config that you ordered :)

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
So what GPU did you end up buying?
Have you placed your order for all of your components?
What did you end up buying? Post your final config that you ordered :)

No man, confused for now. All doubts will clear up by the evening.

Last night I placed an order only for these components:

Processor- i5-2500k
Cooler- CM Hyper 212 EVO
PSU- Corsair TX650v2
Monitor- Dell - ST2220L 21.5-inch
HD- 500 GB WD Caviar Blue
RAM-G. Skill Ripjaws 4gbx2 1600Mhz

The following components I am going to buy today:

1) Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-M pro for 12k

2) Cabinet: Major confusion remains. I was going to buy the Corsair 300r (only one in stock on FK) for 4500, but I read that it has noise issues and is small in size. Any owners here? Also, do you think it could have problems fitting the hyper evo 212? Need serious help with a good cooling, less noise producing sub 6k cabinet.

3) GFX card:

I am about to call the ZOTAC distributor guy to see if he can provide the 670AMP for 30k. Other wise I am going to buy the Asus 670 you told me about for 30k, then learn about overclocking. Which one did you get?

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
No man, confused for now. All doubts will clear up by the evening.

Last night I placed an order only for these components:

Processor- i5-2500k
Cooler- CM Hyper 212 EVO
PSU- Corsair TX650v2
Monitor- Dell - ST2220L 21.5-inch
HD- 500 GB WD Caviar Blue
RAM-G. Skill Ripjaws 4gbx2 1600Mhz

The following components I am going to buy today:

1) Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-M pro for 12k

2) Cabinet: Major confusion remains. I was going to buy the Corsair 300r (only one in stock on FK) for 4500, but I read that it has noise issues and is small in size. Any owners here? Also, do you think it could have problems fitting the hyper evo 212? Need serious help with a good cooling, less noise producing sub 6k cabinet.

3) GFX card:

I am about to call the ZOTAC distributor guy to see if he can provide the 670AMP for 30k. Other wise I am going to buy the Asus 670 you told me about for 30k, then learn about overclocking. Which one did you get?
Good going dude... :D

1) Mobo is a nice one...can't see much wrong with it
2) The 300R shouldn't have any problems fitting the cm hyper 212 evo
3) Some facts about various 670 gfx cards-

The Zotac 670 Amp is the highest OC'd 670 in market at the moment but there's a huge disadvantage to it. It makes TREMENDOUS high pitched noise while at full load...very disturbing indeed. If high noise isn't a factor for you then you're good with the 670 Amp but otherwise you'll be constantly hearing the card sing loud while gaming at full load.

Check this page out for noise comparisons of all 670s including the ASUS & ZOTAC Amp! cards:-
Sound Level Comparison, With Video : Seven GeForce GTX 670 Cards, Benchmarked And Reviewed
Keep in mind those are just youtube videos & sounds in real life might be much higher or lower depending on other factors.

The ASUS 670 boasts of having extremely good cooling & low noise output from their 600 series cards...the main reason why most people prefer either the ASUS or the Gigabyte's OC'd 670 cards.

BTW from which online site are you going to buy the Asus 670? Flipkart don't seem to have them in stock

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
1)Here's a link to the Asus 670
Theitdepot - Asus Geforce GTX670 2GB DDR5 NVidia PCI E Graphics Card (GTX670-DC2T-2GD5)

I have decided against buying it after reading about BSOD and crashing problems on more than one site
Newegg.com - ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

2) The price for the ZOTAC 670 Amp was brought down to 32k from 34.5k last evening. In a funny turn of events, we had no electricity last night. Checked just now, not only is it 34.5k again, it went out of stock too lol.

My only option now is the regular Zotac 670GTX (not the amp) for 30k.

Okay now one last question, any thoughts on buying a 680GTX if cost wasn't much of an issue? Or is TOTALLY stupid?

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
1)Here's a link to the Asus 670
Theitdepot - Asus Geforce GTX670 2GB DDR5 NVidia PCI E Graphics Card (GTX670-DC2T-2GD5)

I have decided against buying it after reading about BSOD and crashing problems on more than one site
Newegg.com - ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

2) The price for the ZOTAC 670 Amp was brought down to 32k from 34.5k last evening. In a funny turn of events, we had no electricity last night. Checked just now, not only is it 34.5k again, it went out of stock too lol.

My only option now is the regular Zotac 670GTX (not the amp) for 30k.

Okay now one last question, any thoughts on buying a 680GTX if cost wasn't much of an issue? Or is TOTALLY stupid?
Wow i feel sad for you :(

As far as GTX 680 goes..if you can afford it then why not?
Keyword here being "afford it" meaning not skimming out on the rest of the components...
If you can put in a few extra bucks by all means go for any 680 card out there...
680 will run you every game out there right now @ ultra settings & at least for a few years to come you won't feel much of a need to upgrade

So yes absolutely...go for the 680, any 680 will do :)

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
Wow i feel sad for you :(

As far as GTX 680 goes..if you can afford it then why not?
Keyword here being "afford it" meaning not skimming out on the rest of the components...
If you can put in a few extra bucks by all means go for any 680 card out there...
680 will run you every game out there right now @ ultra settings & at least for a few years to come you won't feel much of a need to upgrade

So yes absolutely...go for the 680, any 680 will do :)

Might do this. But I have always found that there is hardly a framerate difference(5-7fps) in most cases btw the 670 and 680.

Lol this thing is trickier than I first thought. Going to check out a few reviews and benchmarks for 670 vs 680.

Anyway, thanks a lot man. I will probably update in a few hours which one I went with.:-?

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
Might do this. But I have always found that there is hardly a framerate difference(5-7fps) in most cases btw the 670 and 680.

Lol this thing is trickier than I first thought. Going to check out a few reviews and benchmarks for 670 vs 680.

Anyway, thanks a lot man. I will probably update in a few hours which one I went with.:-?
That's why i said IF you can afford it...
Personally I wouldn't go with a 680 as right now you can get pretty much any 670 stock card (or factory OC'd card) & overclock it manually with a free software called MSI Afterburner. It's really very easy to do & supports any gfx card in the market today. Any person can do it once they have the proper knowledge & understanding of what they are doing.

I would just get a decent enough mobo & get any stock 670 & then overclock the hell out of it till I made sure the overclock was stable.

In my opinion the extra money spent on getting a 680 instead of a 670 is not worth it & I'd rather use it in other upgrades like SSD boot drive, etc...but if you can afford it then by all means you REALLY should get the 680 :)

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
That's why i said IF you can afford it...
Personally I wouldn't go with a 680 as right now you can get pretty much any 670 stock card (or factory OC'd card) & overclock it manually with a free software called MSI Afterburner. It's really very easy to do & supports any gfx card in the market today. Any person can do it once they have the proper knowledge & understanding of what they are doing.

I would just get a decent enough mobo & get any stock 670 & then overclock the hell out of it till I made sure the overclock was stable.

In my opinion the extra money spent on getting a 680 instead of a 670 is not worth it & I'd rather use it in other upgrades like SSD boot drive, etc...but if you can afford it then by all means you REALLY should get the 680 :)

ZOTAC 680gtx it is!!
Should be here in 3-4 days.

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
Which online shop you ordered from?? Flipkart?

Yes.

Now only thing left to buy is the processor and the monitor. (I cancelled the order for these two since I came to know of a local dealer who will supply these at a discount, he does not have any other components for the rig)I am going to buy these locally by sunday, the other components should also arrive by then.

1) Is the i5 2500k going to bottleneck the 680GTX for gaming? Need good responses PLEASE. Why is the i5 2500k so highly recommended for gaming anyway? Any other processors I should be looking at?

2) Will a 23 inch monitor be too big for gaming? Becasue I will be gaming up close a couple feet from the monitor, dont want to have to move my neck.

please respond!

Myth

Cyborg Agent
1. Its great value for the great performance it provides. I doubt it would bottleneck any card in the recent future. It has enough cpu power to run any game. There are always better cpus, but the cost to performance goes up.
2. A minimum of 24" can do justice to the gfx card you are taking. Anything less is just wasting the true potential of the card.

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
Yes.

Now only thing left to buy is the processor and the monitor. (I cancelled the order for these two since I came to know of a local dealer who will supply these at a discount, he does not have any other components for the rig)I am going to buy these locally by sunday, the other components should also arrive by then.

1) Is the i5 2500k going to bottleneck the 680GTX for gaming? Need good responses PLEASE. Why is the i5 2500k so highly recommended for gaming anyway? Any other processors I should be looking at?

2) Will a 23 inch monitor be too big for gaming? Becasue I will be gaming up close a couple feet from the monitor, dont want to have to move my neck.

please respond!
2) 23 inch will be fine...I had 23 inch LED monitor & simply loved it.
No you won't have to move your neck much to look at the screen :p
But realistically the value of a 680 is justified on a 24inch or higher screen due to the visuals & performance of that card.

1) i5 2500K is a 4 Core 'K' series processor meaning it can be unlocked & overclocked. Some people with liquid cooling (like corsair H100,H80) have overclocked it stable at 4.8-5.0 Ghz which will make them play games on that processor for sometime to come.
Unless you do video rendering, animations, etc...don't waste money on anything other than 2500K. It's BEST value for money processor for gaming purposes

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
^^ thanks a tonne again the both of you

Convinced to get the i5 2500k.

I think I will get a Dell 23 inch monitor. I have no perspective on how big a 23 inch might be though, going to take your word for it. I do have a LED TV back home but that's about 36 inches I think. Need to sit atleast 6-7 ft away from it to be comfortable. That's why I was worried about 23 being too large a size.

Thanks again, my setup should be complete in a week max :)

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
^^ thanks a tonne again the both of you

Convinced to get the i5 2500k.

I think I will get a Dell 23 inch monitor. I have no perspective on how big a 23 inch might be though, going to take your word for it. I do have a LED TV back home but that's about 36 inches I think. Need to sit atleast 6-7 ft away from it to be comfortable. That's why I was worried about 23 being too large a size.

Thanks again, my setup should be complete in a week max :)
Post picks when u get your entire rig, would love to see it ;)

d3p

PowerHouse
But realistically the value of a 680 is justified on a 24inch or higher screen due to the visuals & performance of that card.

1) i5 2500K is a 4 Core 'K' series processor meaning it can be unlocked & overclocked. Some people with liquid cooling (like corsair H100,H80) have overclocked it stable at 4.8-5.0 Ghz which will make them play games on that processor for sometime to come.
Unless you do video rendering, animations, etc...don't waste money on anything other than 2500K. It's BEST value for money processor for gaming purposes

See the bold part...

Here in TDF, "MEGAMIND" has clocked his i5 2500k with Venomous X to 5.4GHz. Highlighting once more, its an AIR COOLED OC-ed BABY.....

ARE YOU SURE GTX 680 GIVES more realistic frame rates in BIGGER SCREENS ???

*www.antifeministtech.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/godzilla_facepalm.jpg

Dude its not BIGGER SCREEN, its higher RESOLUTION. Doesn't matter how big your screen is, when the resolution is just same.

Last edited:

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
^^judging by mega's obsession on that chip i say its due an rma :p
and 5GHz is easy with a good air cooler...u dont need WC for that....

Saumil996

Journeyman
+1 to d3p
@OP
See if you can get a monitor with a resolution of around 2500*1600 (it will probably be about 27 inches) that will really utilise your card very well refer to this article's benchmarks to get an idea of how your card (and mine :p ) is pretty much overkill for current games at 1080p.

Top Bottom