Need a convenient-to-use and reliable media player for my Mom.

digit.sh

Journeyman
Hello friends,
I need a cheap yet good quality media player for my Mom. She is not very tech savvy(but can operate a cellphone and TV remote). She has a collection of music CDs. As she can't operate a PC, I am looking for something like WD/Asus/Amkette HD media player. But they are expensive! Here are the requirements:

1. Main requirement is to play music and movies. (I have a TV with hdmi ports and also have a JBL 2.1 speaker system which I used to use with my desktop)

2. Should play all common formats of music files(MP3, AAC, OGG etc) and Video files(AVI, MPEG4, MPEG2), HD playback of atleast 720p is a must.

3. Should have a remote.(It would be easier for her)
4. Must be able to play from USB/cards.(I would rip the music CDs and load into the card)
5. Must have HDMI and 3.5mm audio out.(To connect to the TV and the 2.1 speaker system)

Budget: not more than 2.5K

I have seen several android media players(Mini MK802 etc) in ebay, but they exceed my budget and I think the android interface would not be easy to operate for her and another problem is that, it will require a wireless keyboard. Which will exceed the budget and also, will be harder for her to use.

Another question is that, can android tablets with Mali 400 gpu(tablets like ubislate and the likes) play full HD(or at least 720p) videos? And, can I connect it to my TV and watch movies? In that case I may consider buying a cheap tablet with HDMI and 3.5mm jack. It will take her some time to learn to operate, but I think it will be well worth.
If I decide to buy a tablet I may extend the budget to 3.5K.

So, please suggest. :)

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Check these out:

These are the only players at your budget.

AMKETTE FLASH TV Media Player with BILL & Manufacturer Warranty | eBay

NBOX Media Player for USB Drives and SD/SDHC/MMC | eBay

OP
digit.sh

digit.sh

Journeyman
Check these out:

These are the only players at your budget.

AMKETTE FLASH TV Media Player with BILL & Manufacturer Warranty | eBay

NBOX Media Player for USB Drives and SD/SDHC/MMC | eBay

Thank you Abhishek :)
But, from the specification I'm not quite sure if the Amkette one plays H.264 720p or not. And the Nbox can't play H.264, so I won't go for it. Amekette flash Tv seems ok, but I have to be sure if it can play HD, atleast 720p.

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Thank you Abhishek :)
But, from the specification I'm not quite sure if the Amkette one plays H.264 720p or not. And the Nbox can't play H.264, so I won't go for it. Amekette flash Tv seems ok, but I have to be sure if it can play HD, atleast 720p.

The model I mentioned here- Amkette Flash Tv is only 720p.
If you want full HD- Amkette Flash TV HD media player+FREE HDMI CABLE Bill 1Y Warranty FreeShip | eBay

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
these (bit old) reviews could probably help you:

Amkette Flash TV HD Player

Amkette Flash TV Review < Media Players Accessories Review, Price, Features, Specs, User Opinions < PC World India Reviews< PCWorld.in

Amkette Flash TV: Media Player Review

Review: Amkette Flash TV HD Review

i had read 1-2 of them long back when i was looking for a media player.

Top Bottom