Need 2 buy a new PC dis week fr ma game design wrk.n gamin...under 45k

bardisnice

Right off the assembly line
heyy guyz xulfee her frm bangalore...need 2 buy a new rig fr ma game designing work..and also to play latest games...ma budget is around 45000 rupees...ur help will b appreciated..!!!!

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Game Design work...hardcoe gaming....( maya, 3ds max , photoshop and UDK game engine (Unreal game engine)

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 45000

4. Planning to overclock?
A: no

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500- 1 tb

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: 22".....mostly samsung

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 6-7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: simple home desktop

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: nxt week

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: yea

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: nothing

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Bangalore

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: need cofig for amd as well as intel proccesor

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Why are you creating so many threads?? And they are all a bit different. :?

EDIT - They got deleted I think and I had suggested a rig in one of those (first one). :(

Last edited:
OP
B

bardisnice

srry dude was confused coz it was nt shwing the threads.....bt can u plz reply me dat config which u had posted in ma older thread...coz i deleted...will b vry grateful

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 9.5k
Intel DH67BL @ 5.7k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 2.3k
Sapphire HD6850/ Zotac GTX460 @ 10.5k
Seagate 500GB @ 1.7k
Seasonic S12II 520W @ 4.2k
NZXT Gamma @ 2k
Samsung B2230N @ 7k
LG 22X SATA DVD @ 0.9k
Altec Lancing VS2621 @ 1.5k
Total - 45.3k

Good enough for now. Add another HD6850 later.

OP
B

bardisnice

dude u i think u forgot to mention a UPS......and will this configuration good fr rendering work...or need AMD procy

srch07

Journeyman
Please Check if there are two PCI 2.0 slots in that board for cross fire later.
As much i know even its ATX version DH67CL doesn't have Another Slot to add second Graphics Card.

Also no need for Seasonic S12II 520W, you can settle down for Corsair 450VX @ 3.5K, if you planing for CF later, you will atleast need PSU of 650W to support it.
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 9.5k
Intel DH67BL @ 5.7k
Sapphire HD6850/ Zotac GTX460 @ 10.5k
Seagate 500GB @ 1.7k
Seasonic S12II 520W @ 4.2k
NZXT Gamma @ 2k
Samsung B2230N @ 7k
LG 22X SATA DVD @ 0.9k
Altec Lancing VS2621 @ 1.5k
Total - 45.3k

Good enough for now. Add another HD6850 later.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
dude u i think u forgot to mention a UPS......and will this configuration good fr rendering work...or need AMD procy

nah. it should be okay but not for high level graphic rendering. For that you need to go with workstation class GPU like ATI Fire and nVidia Quadro/NVS

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Turns out H67 doesn't get a second PCIe slot.

So you can't crossfire later.

Another option is GTX460 2GB @ 13k if you need more space for textures. And yeah you can go for VX450W @ 3.5k.

OP
B

bardisnice

nah. it should be okay but not for high level graphic rendering. For that you need to go with workstation class GPU like ATI Fire and nVidia Quadro/NVS

But If I buy a ati firepro...mayb 78000 will i b able to play all new game releases .....on a 23" monitor...plz reply

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ No, you won't be able to play any games with a workstation card because of specialized drivers.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
But If I buy a ati firepro...mayb 78000 will i b able to play all new game releases .....on a 23" monitor...plz reply

nope. you can't. and you need not spend a 78k whatever. Even a 10k card gives good performance. and gaming sucks on these cards anyways. I would go for a good workstation GPU and a console if you want to have the best of both worlds. and it is worth the price :)

OP
B

bardisnice

guyz ma frnd told me dat if i need 2 upgrade da rig later ill b needing a 650w psu...so please suggest a good psu which is friendly on da pocket....and plz if u knw any good store in blr please suggest

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Check Seasonic S12II 620W @ 5.3k. Its a very good psu.

Btw check S.P Road in bangalore for buying computer hardware. You'll get everything at great prices. Its very crowded though.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
For a 6850 or gtx 460 , the seasonic 620w psu is an overkill. Go for the config suggested by ishu gupta and its a very good one too.

Just change that monitor cause its not 7k but 8.2k. You can go for dell ST2220L @ 8.5k

My vote goes to WD 500GB blue instead of the seagate drive for the same price. But both are equally good.

Bulldozer929

Broken In
I second Mr. Dessibond on his advice for Console+Workstation Rig.

Here is my advice -

AMD Phenom II x6 1055t @ 7.6k
Gibate GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4k
ATI Firepro V4800 @ 11k
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 / WDC Blue 500GB @ 1.7k
LG 22X SATA DVD @ 0.9k
FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.1k
CM Elite 310 @ 1.5k
Samsung B2230N @ 7k

Total - 38.1k

saves you around 7k. save up more and get xbox 360.
the reasons -
1. processor is pretty much powerful and 6 cores will help in multithreaded apps. though i know SNB cores are better but money matters.
2. this workstation graphics is pretty powerfull with 1GB GDDR5 memory and 400 sp's. though it lacks graphics muscle as compared to gaming graphics cards of similar range but you know workstation cards are meant for workstation seriously!. the gaming cards dont offer that accurate rendering than workstation gpu. moreover the driver support from amd and nvidia for these apps is another plus point. if render seriously you should be aware of pros of workstation gpu.

Last edited:

Bulldozer929

Broken In
piyush i think dessibond mentioned there if you want to enjoy the best of both worlds get workstation rig + console. a gaming rig will give performance in gaming but what about accuracy of rendering?