Need 2.1 speakers within 5000 rupees strict Urgent

icebags

Technomancer
i m going for edifier c2 plus after reading so much suggestions :)................okay so one final question can i go for a sound card or not ??? how is asus xonar dg ?? it is available for around rs. 1800....and another one is asus xonr dx which is available for around 4000 ( out of my budger :( )

just get the speaker first, i was reading some online, and found current onboards are reported much better than old onboards.

research more and ask for a suggestion on sound cards when u build up budget next time.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
yup my system is pretty new and can handle games pretty much on high if not ultra........okay i will save money and buy dx in future......also one last query is that how should i place speakers and woofer ( and also amplifier ) on my computer table so that i can experience best possible sound quality......I m uploading my table pics.View attachment 15470

I can't see the photo never the less I'll help you with the placement. Keep the Bookshelf in such a way that they are at least 1 feet away from the rear wall, with tweeters at your ear level and a slight toe in. If you like what your hearing then that's its done if not play around with toe in and distance from rear wall and the distance between the two speakers which should not be less than 3 feet ideally.

For the subwoofer keep it away from the room boundaries other wise localisation and frequency node spikes will seep in. Trick is to keep sub away from a room boundary or a corner but in between the two bookshelf speakers on the ground and do a sound check if the low frequency seamlessly blend without giving out its location then you have done it. Play around with it place it at different places and see what suits your taste. Since every room is different so is its accoustics.

Always try and form an equilateral triangle with yourself and the speakers.Its best if the distance from the side wall of one speaker is unequal with the other one. Ask me if you wanna know further.

- - - Updated - - -

Asus Xonar DG is lot better than Realtek crap.

You are a little uninformed. Do a A to B test with reference Stereo Amplifiers ( Usher R1.5 or Denon PMA1500 AE, Hegel or YBA etc) and speakers from Dynaudio, PMC or certain Missions) and you will know what I mean. Anything from Realtek 892/898 and above will diminish the ROI of the the lossy C- Media based Asus Xonar DG/DGX. The HiEnd Xonars with Wolfson are in a different league though.

OP upgrade your music collection too.Get FLACs or Audio CDs and nothing less than 320 Kbps MP3s if at all. More than your sound card your source material matters the most.

Last edited:
OP
S

shammisachdeva

Broken In
I can't see the photo never the less I'll help you with the placement. Keep the Bookshelf in such a way that they are at least 1 feet away from the rear wall, with tweeters at your ear level and a slight toe in. If you like what your hearing then that's its done if not play around with toe in and distance from rear wall and the distance between the two speakers which should not be less than 3 feet ideally.

For the subwoofer keep it away from the room boundaries other wise localisation and frequency node spikes will seep in. Trick is to keep sub away from a room boundary or a corner but in between the two bookshelf speakers on the ground and do a sound check if the low frequency seamlessly blend without giving out its location then you have done it. Play around with it place it at different places and see what suits your taste. Since every room is different so is its accoustics.

Always try and form an equilateral triangle with yourself and the speakers.Its best if the distance from the side wall of one speaker is unequal with the other one. Ask me if you wanna know further.

- - - Updated - - -

I already have my music collections set to 320 kbps mp3 and some itunes m4a....and I always verify with software called "SPEk" to check if they r genuine 320kbps mp3 or not.....I m not been able to understand what u just said regarding positioning of speakers...i m again uploading my computer table pics :( to let u know... *www.dropbox.com/s/6amgyl9acw5yytg/cmp table.jpg?dl=0

i have uploaded my table pics in dropbox.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
For starters keep both the speakers on either side of the monitor with 3 feet gap in between them and each speaker should have atleast 6 to 12 inches behind them. Place the subwoofer on the floor bang under the monitor with 1 feet distance from the rear wall.

OP
S

shammisachdeva

Broken In
For starters keep both the speakers on either side of the monitor with 3 feet gap in between them and each speaker should have atleast 6 to 12 inches behind them. Place the subwoofer on the floor bang under the monitor with 1 feet distance from the rear wall.

thnx incinator u helped me a lot.......and one thing more do u have any best equalizer settings for my system ....i currrently use window media player for audio and splash pro player for video.............any best eq settings which brings out the best audio quality.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
You will be surprised that I never use equalisers. I always play my stereo in Source Direct and Pure Audio modes which bypass all bass treble and balance controls.

For computer I use Foobar with Wasapi. Download foobar and installed Wasapi for best audio. Google for a detailed and an easy guide to install the Wasapi plugin. For Video I use madVR and its easy to set up but a little intimidating for first timers but nothing is impossible. VLC has gone great these days use that for Videos.VLC volume is best under 125% never increase beyond that.

For Audio don't double equalise. Keep the equalizer in flat in the computer and adjust the bass and trble from your C2. And do not play in high SPL for the first 100hrs! Play FLACS and AR Rahman recordings like Lagan,O Kadal Kanmani,Dil Se,Delhi 6 etc etc and be amazed!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

For your kinda music Kanye West has good recordings so does Alicia Keys unplugged album, Nine Inch Nails, Massive Attack etc etc......

Last edited:

shreeux

Movie Buff
You will be surprised that I never use equalisers. I always play my stereo in Source Direct and Pure Audio modes which bypass all bass treble and balance controls.

For computer I use Foobar with Wasapi. Download foobar and installed Wasapi for best audio. Google for a detailed and an easy guide to install the Wasapi plugin. For Video I use madVR and its easy to set up but a little intimidating for first timers but nothing is impossible. VLC has gone great these days use that for Videos.VLC volume is best under 125% never increase beyond that.

For Audio don't double equalise. Keep the equalizer in flat in the computer and adjust the bass and trble from your C2. And do not play in high SPL for the first 100hrs! Play FLACS and AR Rahman recordings like Lagan,O Kadal Kanmani,Dil Se,Delhi 6 etc etc and be amazed!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

For your kinda music Kanye West has good recordings so does Alicia Keys unplugged album, Nine Inch Nails, Massive Attack etc etc......

OMG...First time i heard...!!!

I was mostly watching movies through MPC-HC...iNSTALLED Klite Codec mega.,

I found this link...How to Watch Videos Using Madvr High Quality Video Renderer With Media Player Classic Home Cinema using madVR with MPC-HC..Its ok? or other than an settings?

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
[MENTION=280536]shammisachdeva[/MENTION] - congrats for the speakers!
[MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION] - i had installed WASAPI long back, but forgot to check up on how best to use it! :D
thanks for the indirect reminder!

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=280536]shammisachdeva[/MENTION] Congrats on your C2 Plus & that's gr8 pricing. Amazing set of speakers for that pricing.

My C2 can fill my small 110-120 Sq feet bedroom quite well at 40 volume level. So imagining what c2 Plus can do....

A breif review would be appreciated here.

[MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION] bro thanks for sharing such gr8 info.
Is madVR + VLC better to madVR + MPC HC?
At present using k lite mega codec.

OP
S

shammisachdeva

Broken In
If your OS is 64 bit no issues,just get the mpc hc in 32 but because madVR won't work with a 64 bit player.

[MENTION=120775]GhorMaanas[/MENTION] ....thnx bro :)
[MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION] -------- I tried my audio settings with foobar 2000 and wasapi but i find foobar 2000 a bit complicated plus it doesnot have that mini player screen that window media player have........... Also tried jriver but it was also complicated.

Finally i settled on program called "Aimp3" ...it has got very minimal player look plus it also have Wasapi plugin in audio playback options.....there r so many wasapi options like wasapi exclusive , wasapi push and wasapi windows default .....selected wasapi windows default and the sound is good

Top Bottom