Neat Digit forum

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Yeah , that's a new ad i noticed today. I will update the script soon, currently very busy with other issues :(

If you have any suggestions please let me know , i will try to incorporate all at once.

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Hi, I have updated the script and removed the new ad. Script can be installed from the same location given in previous posts.

Uninstall the old script first before installing the new one, or you will have duplicate scripts running for greasemonkey.

@ comp@ddict, thanks :)

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I saw the thread today and I must say your work is appreciable!!! Good work .Some admin should should take a clue from you!:)

ambika

learnhardy
Great work tarey_g ,
I am really appreciating ur work .
Can it possible that i get all thread reply in one page ........via scrolling vertical bar ?

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Thanks Eggman and Ambika :).

Can it possible that i get all thread reply in one page ........via scrolling vertical bar ?

I hope this option in control panel will solve your query. navigate to Control panel and set the post count that you want.

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3658/3325393386_7d57f6f7db_o.png

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ tarey:

after installing the Neat Digit plugin (using greasemonkey script file on FF) the post quick reply option jus DOES NOT automatically highlight my new post, to see the post posted by me, i always hv to do F5.. any one else facing this problem.. ??
--------------

Cheers n e-peace....
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
===========

Update:

well, i tried disabling the greasemonkey plugin (as u suggested me) and it works.. :D

but still..the quick links tat appear at the right hand side bottom corner (below the "post quick reply" option tab)..is NOT appearing.. :(

I guess its the problem with the Forum.. :(

-------------=============------------

Update again: Oops, i think sumtimes the Post quick reply option works and sumtimes no.. :( ... i hope forum mods look into this and reply here.. :)

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Yeah Ashu, many members are facing this problem and its the problem with the forum itself. I will check my code again to be sure. :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yeah right dude.,, but i think ur code is jus perfect, so dnt worry...
Posted again:
^^

yeah right dude.,, but i think ur code is jus perfect, so dnt worry...

Last edited:

stellarbpo

Broken In
I have modified the Greasemonkey script to hide some new ads that the forum has included, i.e. the sponsored links section between two posts. script can be found here . Also Updated the images and links given above according to new version.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
NeatDigit firefox extension

Hi All,
Few days back I made a simple Greasemonkey script (NeatDigit) to hide advertisements on digit forum and add some features, the script can be downloaded from this thread .

I have converted that Greasemonkey script to a independent Firefox extension so the users don’t have to rely on a third party extension. I have added some new features (listed below) , the features are now customizable per user. User can enable/disable the features he wants.

I am listing all the things the extension does:

1. Ad Block: Blocks advertisements on the digit forum pages. Top ad, right side ad and inline ad's between the posts.
Comparison image With Ad and With Ad blocking

2. Mark replied threads: Marks the threads where logged in user has replied in the past with a green background.
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3453/3359506326_a04874dac5_o.png

3. Mark 'My Thread’: marks the threads created by the logged in user with a green smily icon and green background.
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3567/3358682319_0b5e2cac87_o.png

4. Legend: A legend to help user with understanding the provided functionality. (Legend is not available on forum main page)
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3589/3358682315_30d5df65c2_o.png

5. Mark popular threads: mark's popular threads in the forum displaying the view count next to the thread title.
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3613/3359506352_1fd9b06943_o.png

6. Sneak Peak : Collapsible panel which shows you the sneak peak of the content of a thread, expand/collapse all button to expand and collapse all sneak peak panels at once on a page (value of this is saved, so if user has expanded all panel for a page , it will reflect on all pages in future).
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3432/3359506432_2bee6fdfe5_o.png

Expand All/Colapse All - button on left-top corner
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3537/3358682311_87fe73cb9c_o.png

7. Settings panel: Enable/ Disable the features from here. (Changes will reflect from next operation).
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3647/3358688259_894cd1765f_o.png

settings panel with legend enabled.
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3647/3358688259_894cd1765f_o.png

The extension can be installed from here :
*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11096

Click the 'add to firefox' button to install the extension. The extension has been tested on Firefox versions 3.x .

I hope you like this new version. It's easy to use; just install the extension from the provided link, no need of Greasemonkey from now onwards. Those users who were using the previous version of script on browsers other than Firefox can PM me for the new updated script version.
If you find any bugs please post about them here, if you have any suggestion/feedback let me know :) .

Those users who are already using the older version of the script should disable the script or remove it before using this extension or it may cause an conflict.

:?:(I don't know which was the right place to put this thread, last time a member asked why such thread was in programming section :| , ask a mod to move this thread if you feel this is the inappropriate section)

Update : The extension is updated to Version 2.53 , go through the thread for details.

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@Ashu, thx

@all
I have updated the script and coverted it into a firefox extension : you can visit this thread for the extension

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110917

hope you like the new version and features.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Re: NeatDigit firefox extension

fcuking great :)

Thanks !

A direct link will be great.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Right now I use Adblock+Aardavark+RIP.

Will this extension clash with them?
Will the ad hiding work for Digit site only (suppose I disabled previously mentioned extensions) ?

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

Thx ichi :) . Here is the direct link :

*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/file/49028/neatdigit_forum-2.0-fx.xpi

@rhitwik, yes this is for thinkdigit forum only.
If you are using Adblock then disable the ad-blocking functionality for this extension (from the expandable settings panel provided on the top) if there is any conflict .
I have tested this extension on my setup and it does not clash with any other extension installed. Another user of this forum 'ashu8888' is also using this extension from past 2 days and its working fine .
If you find any problem or conflict then please let me know. You can always disable/enable the features you want.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

:) thx all.

I am havin this 'element not found' alertbox whenever i navigate to edit post page (advanced edit) . Has no one encountered this problem yet ?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!

^^^ great work buddy... thinkdigit should hire you and remove all there n00b good for nothing workers

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy

Thats pretty cool. Congrats. Great work man.

[offtopic]

@Yotie8213l

There was a fourth medicine in the table, for keeping you in toilet for the entire day so that you will not come out to post spam :mad:

Top Bottom