Nead Earbuds around 2.5k

angie

At last the devil is here
Hi,
I am looking to buy earbuds around 2.5k. I read the sticky about Brainwavz M2. Is that the best option?
What about Sennheiser? Is there any product from them in this range?

Also what are IEM's? Should I buy IEM or normal earbuds?

Thanks.
P.S. I listen to all kinds of music.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi,
I am looking to buy earbuds around 2.5k. I read the sticky about Brainwavz M2. Is that the best option?
What about Sennheiser? Is there any product from them in this range?

Also what are IEM's? Should I buy IEM or normal earbuds?

Thanks.
P.S. I listen to all kinds of music.

get Sound magic E10 or E30 they are best in any range.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Go for Sennheiser CX-180 or CX-300.
SoundMagic E10 if you want awesome bass. E30 if you like over the ear designs. It has got the same specs, but the driver is bit smaller, meaning slightly lesser bass and more balanced sound.
Heard a lot about Brainwavz, never got a chance to listen to them.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
look out for gsonic vr02 bass edition. some idiot on tdf. has been constantly nagging about them as they are the best earphones under 2.5k . .look at hifinage [dot] com .

IEM - In ear monitor. they go deep inside your ear canal so sound isolation is very good even on the cheapest IEM. the only downside is that you can damage your hearing while listening to music at very high volumes because of the close proximity.

brainwavz are not avl as such in india, you will either have to get them shipped or look around in mumbai / chennai. (the only places you can manage to find them)

as far as audio quality is concerned. after wasting 2.4k on klipsch image s3 i personally believe that IEM / earphones are not for me and i am better off with earphones.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Check out the Tekfusion - Twinwoofers In-Ear Headphones its got excellent reviews from flipkart users, and its only Rs 1455

OP
angie

angie

No to the twin woofers. Really worried about the uncomfortable part as my ears start to hurt sometimes with my creative earbuds. E10/brainwavz/cx 180 to choose from then, if no more suggestions are thrown into the mix.

look out for gsonic vr02 bass edition. some idiot on tdf. has been constantly nagging about them as they are the best earphones under 2.5k . .look at hifinage [dot] com .

IEM - In ear monitor. they go deep inside your ear canal so sound isolation is very good even on the cheapest IEM. the only downside is that you can damage your hearing while listening to music at very high volumes because of the close proximity.

brainwavz are not avl as such in india, you will either have to get them shipped or look around in mumbai / chennai. (the only places you can manage to find them)

as far as audio quality is concerned. after wasting 2.4k on klipsch image s3 i personally believe that IEM / earphones are not for me and i am better off with earphones.

Vsonic br02, will look into it, but no idea about this site hifinage
Update: Not available.

Artemis

The Last Puff
What type of music do you listen to?

Tell us about your preferences..if you like bass or want a more mid-centric phone or sparkly treble?

E30 is pretty good for the price. My friend just brought it and well after spending a good day with those phones I can confidently say that those are the phones to get for Rock. Very neutral. But if you're planning to listen to Trance/Hip-hop stay away from those. You can get it for 1800 from homeshop18.

And as for the Twinwoofers I should say stay away. Totally overrated. A sennheiser CX series would be better if you prefer bass. The CX180 is a good phone and the icing on the cake is it has a pretty good after sales service. Though beware it has muddy bass, meaning it will totally overpower the mids. Keep away if you're into Rock/Metal.

Cheers.

OP
angie

angie

I don't listen to pure rock like metallica.. Mostly led zeppelin, beatles, U2, Linkin park are among the most listened to. Though I also love to listen to sweet melodious songs like Dil to bachha hai ji... So vocal quality is the foremost priority. I am not a music geek, so according to my perception bass should be important for me along with the mids, right?.

Regarding E30, I don't want over the ear design. So I guess E10 would do?

Artemis

The Last Puff
I haven't personally tried out the E10 so can't comment on them but this review sums it up as a very good buySoundmagic E10 Review | Anything But iPod but I guess you may have already gone through it.

Anythingbutipod is a well respected site and you can trust those reviews there.

Best of luck with those phones. And welcome to the world of aural pleasures.

OP
angie

angie

Thanks for the link. Very helpful site. According to the author here: Quick Comparison of 63 IEMs (Spreadsheet) - Headphones - abi>>forums SoundMagic E10 are ranked a bit better than Brainwavz M2. Should I go for E10. The review looks good.

They are available for 1500 bucks at HS18- Sound Magic E10 in ear Headphone - Red Black . Buy Best Sound Magic E10 in ear Headphone - Red Black at Lowest Price Online
Should I be worried about fakes? (as in the case of sennheiser a lot of fakes are in the market)Flipkart is listing them for 2050 (link) :(

Update: The flipkart ones are E10M (MRP shown as 2600) while HS18 one's are E10 (MRP shown as 2000). Does anybody know the difference? (does M stand for microphone?)

Update: Flipkart ones are already sold out. On ebay, they start from 2200 bucks? How is HS18 selling them for 1500 and would it be advisable to go buy from the site?

Any idea anyone, want to buy asap.

seems like M is the version compatible with ipad iphone and contains mic. anyways ordered E10.

Last edited:

Artemis

The Last Puff
My friend got his from HS18 and the phones seemed pretty genuine. Also if you have an Axis bank Credit/Debit Card you could use the AXIS300 coupon code for another 300 bucks discount. And from what I have seen Flipkart usually has a higher MRP for headphones. And I am not aware of the M variant. Google I'm sure you will find something about that.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Ordered from HS18? please update your experience after you receive the product. I want to get myself a pair too just as a change from my cx180. Was little worried about the reputation of HS18 from the huge negative reviews they got.
If you get in time, I'll order straightaway.. And yes, better go for E10, if you don't want the mic (E10M), which anyways will be compatible with few phones only.

OP
angie

angie

I have ordered previously from HS18. They sometimes deliver late. My last order got delivered in around in 10 days. Lets see about this.

kris1842

Right off the assembly line
hello friends,e10 is sold at hs18 at 1.5k.....if it has delivery issues, then people in delhi should go for smc international shop in nehru place priced at 1.5 also,even outsiders can order online but no knowledge about their delivery service,link:SoundMagic IN-EAR E10

OP
angie

angie

My order got delivered today (in hyderabad). Now that was AMAZING. I ordered yesterday only. :)

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Wow! that was pretty fast. I placed my order today. Delivery location being Trivandrum. Let me see how long it takes.
I had contacted acrotech through SMC. They are the importer/distributors for Soundmagic products. After searching through there warehouse across India, they said that only two pieces are available at Bangalore. They told that they can ship me the product directly.
I decided to go with HS18 instead. Hope they don't disappoint me...

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Got mine yesterday. The shopping experience was wonderful, along the lines of flipkart. The IEMs as usual are awesome.
They are out of stock now. Guess acrotech people were right about the stock available.

Top Bottom