Naya Graphic card with Purana PC... Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickymustdie

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I was planning to buy new PC this month, but one of my friend suggested me to go only with new Graphic Card, as I've updated my entire machine in the month of Nov'2008.

My Machine Configuration :

Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.5 Ghz

Motherboard : ASUS M2N-VM DVI *www.afterdawn.com/hardware/product_details.cfm/3450/asus_m2n-vm_dvi

Graphic Card : NVidia Geforce 8600 GTS (256 MB)

RAM : 2 GB

I want to play games like Assassin Creed, GTA IV and Gears of War.

Kindly suggest me whether I need to upgrade my entire system and should i go with new Graphic Card, if yes, Please help me with which Graphic card I should buy so that i can play the mentioned games.

Any suggestion will be appreciable.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i recommend that you should add a zotac geforce 9600gt or a sapphire radeon hd 4850. if your budget permits you then upgrade to a core i5 pc.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Your system is pretty powerful, no need to upgrade the whole PC, just upgrade the graphic card.

And now the real question, whats your budget ? Whats your resolution and power supply ? We couldn't help you if you don't describe your full PC configuration. You may also need to upgrade power supply to insert a new power supply. So first let us know the details.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Your system is pretty powerful, no need to upgrade the whole PC, just upgrade the graphic card.

And now the real question, whats your budget ? Whats your resolution and power supply ? We couldn't help you if you don't describe your full PC configuration. You may also need to upgrade power supply to insert a new power supply. So first let us know the details.

OP
V

vickymustdie

Broken In
Thanks Saqib_khan for Instant reply,

Saqib_khan says :

Budget : 5 - 7 K
Resolution : 1024 x 768
PSU : iball 450 PSU
Cabinet : iball Big Engine-X

Cilus

laborare est orare
My Suggestion is MSI GTS 250 1GB GDDR3 @ 6.7K. This is far better option than any of the cards mentioned earlier. But You need to upgrade the PSu also. It won't work with the generic PSUs normally comes with the Cabinet.

OP
V

vickymustdie

Broken In
Thanks Cilus for Instant reply.

My Suggestion is MSI GTS 250 1GB GDDR3 @ 6.7K. This is far better option than any of the cards mentioned earlier. But You need to upgrade the PSu also. It won't work with the generic PSUs normally comes with the Cabinet.

I'll go with MSI GTS 250 1GB GDDR3.

For PSU, do you think FSP Saga II 400W or Gigabyte Superb 460W is better.

And If I upgrade the PSu, do I need to change the Cabinet too?

Please help.

Thanks Cilus for Instant reply.

I'll go with MSI GTS 250 1GB GDDR3.

For PSU, do you think FSP Saga II 400W or Gigabyte Superb 460W is better.

And If I upgrade the PSu, do I need to change the Cabinet too?

Please help.
why do you need to change the cabby, no not at all.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
No need to change the cabinet. For PSU, Gigabyte Superb 460W is enough and for GPU I would recommend Sapphire ATI HD 4770.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
No need to change the cabinet. For PSU, Gigabyte Superb 460W is enough and for GPU I would recommend Sapphire ATI HD 4770.

HD 4770 availability is too less. better HD 5670 512Mb, GTS 250 512Mb or HD 4850. Though all wil require a good PSU of the caliber of Gigabyte 460W. Rest up2 the availability & the total cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom