name symbian must have apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Hey guys let's make this sticky thread for Symbian?
What say?
We have a windows mobile thread, so let this be for symbian. :)

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
^^^ no need i will keep on bumping it lol as long as i can :D

Another handy application

Total recall record calls without beeps :D

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
finished star wars. it was really short. is there any other browser other than opera mini, opera mini isn't able to download files from rapidshare(free user). can anyone help??

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
does it download files on rapidshare and do i lose any data while updating firmware.

Remove the memory card, if you are upgrading the firmware. Offcourse data in phone memory will be lost while doing a firmware upgrade, do back it up using pc suite beforehand.

Power UP

In the zone
Remove the memory card, if you are upgrading the firmware. Offcourse data in phone memory will be lost while doing a firmware upgrade, do back it up using pc suite beforehand.
He has a N82 which has UDP, so no data lost. But still better backup for extra safety.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I didn't knew he owns a N82, but still I prefer to install apps freshly when you upgrade the firmware.

And as always take frequent backups.

Power UP

In the zone
Yup its always better to reinstall apps after firmware update for optimum stability & performance. For example i noticed this after i upgraded my N73 and few of the java apps weren't working properly. A reinstall fixed the issue.

PS. i was talking about data like Contacts, Call logs etc.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
UDP preserves phone settings, applications etc in case of a format. You just have to restore UDP after the format is done & all your earlier phone settings,browser bookmarks, installed apps will be retained i.e no need to reinstall apps.

Think of UDP as backup of critical settings.

I donno about ngage app, but I guess it should retain the installed game data(saved files,user profiles etc).

Power UP

In the zone
UDP and Manual backup are two different things.

UDP (User data preservation) preserves data when the phone is upgraded to a newer firmware. So after the phone is upgraded , all the user data like contacts, apps etc. is not erased unlike in the older phones.

Note: UDP is only used in Firmware upgrade and not in Manual format.

For example after u have upgraded ur firmware, u can keep using ur phone without the need to restore as all data is preserved due to UDP.
But if u manually format ur phone ex. *#7370# then u will have to restore ur data from a backup.

Power UP

In the zone
S60 browser has it, not sure if its in the html format. I think Opera mini also has it(doubt).

And guys check out "Jadestone Dirk Dagger And The Fallen Idol" for Ngage. Its quite a nice game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom